Author Topic: A request for a skin (2)  (Read 7288 times)

wgb14

• View Profile
A request for a skin (2)
« on: December 26, 2005, 01:39:39 am »
Hi all,

I wonder if anyone has ever managed to create a skin for the comedy character in Clone 3D (shown below). Again i am looking for something casual, with a summer feeling for my applications (I guess that i can use their character as the company specifically mentions: Neither these materials nor any portion thereof may be stored in a computer except for personal and non-commercial use.)

Any ideas?

« Last Edit: December 26, 2005, 01:40:30 am by wgb14 »

wgb14

• View Profile
A request for a skin (2)
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2005, 12:08:04 am »
I must say that this character is far more interesting and alive than the standard haptek full-body characters. It is odd that noone has attemtped to use it or make a different outfit for her.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2005, 12:41:08 am by wgb14 »

wgb14

• View Profile
A request for a skin (2)
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2005, 01:51:34 pm »
No replies so far. Still wondering if there are any skins out there for this character.

freddy888

• View Profile
    • AiDreams
A request for a skin (2)
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2005, 03:53:59 pm »
We see a lot of skins at DigitalGirl, so far I have yet to see anything released for Nadia...

wgb14

• View Profile
A request for a skin (2)
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2005, 04:31:52 pm »
Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I will keep an eye to digital girl in case that something will be released for the particular character. Meanwhile if someone already has a skin for the character please let me know asap.

Thanks  

Eagle1147

• View Profile
A request for a skin (2)
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2006, 12:05:07 am »
WGB 14

I too want to make a skin[xx(] and want to know if anyone knows if there is a tutural on making a skin for Ultra-Hal[8D] If there is could you point me to it or let me know how to do it[8] thank you and Happy New Year!!!!!!![:D][8D][:I][}:)][;)][:o)][8][:(][8)][:(!][|)][^]
using compu7ters to make a better world

NIGE

• Bringing things to life
    • View Profile
A request for a skin (2)
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2006, 06:49:21 am »
quote:
I must say that this character is far more interesting and alive than the standard haptek full-body characters. It is odd that noone has attemtped to use it or make a different outfit for her.

wgb14, I must have the wrong htr, because this one has not as many movements as the haptek models.
You can't move her up down foward or back in the screen,
there are no real arm movements etc,

Since first writing this i have been informed that you can get some movements with some more programming,
Try this::::setname [figure= nadia name= fullBod]

Anyhow,if you like her, stick with it.
She is also a lot harder to skin than the haptek one's

Insert Image:

« Last Edit: January 01, 2006, 02:19:34 pm by NIGE »

Duskrider

• Global Moderator
  • Graphic King
    • View Profile
A request for a skin (2)
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2006, 03:18:15 pm »

Neil,  nice skin.
Nadia didn't look good to me in the black dress, but now she looking better.
I may bring her out of the closet and talk to her.  

WGB, there are other figures at the site you got Nadia (Dolly).
You can get their skins, which will also fit Nadia.

Incidently you give her new hair and Neils skin
and you change her from a dog to a fox.   [;)]

Insert Image:
« Last Edit: January 01, 2006, 05:51:17 pm by Duskrider »

wgb14

• View Profile
A request for a skin (2)
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2006, 07:18:24 pm »
Hi,

Thanks for the skins!!!

<<Incidently you give her new hair and Neils skin
and you change her from a dog to a fox.>>

I am not sure how to do that. Can you send me the Nadia's hap file with these changes?

email: idoumanis@yahoo.gr

Thanks

Mr. Mind

• View Profile
    • http://clone3d.com
A request for a skin (2)
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2006, 09:25:53 pm »
Hi this is the maker of Nadia.

Please feel free to play with the characters on my site however you wish. I am adding more functionality to them and have added a BLOG regarding the work that you can post your revisions to. Here is a link to the UV layout of the character Nadia.

http://www.clone3d.com/image/NadiaOutUV.jpg set at 1024 square. I have a blog in place where you can find other UV data for other characters that I have online.

Please update me with whatever additions you make and I will make a mechanism where you can select it and interact with the current ALICE based AI.

I plan to make additions to the characters giving her more dynamic action and better deformations. I will be adding more conversation driven performance to the characters on the site, with the potential for in world exploration.

If you are interested in doing custom work with animation, geometry or code e.g. costumes, hair, props and character functionality please contact me via CLONE3D.

wgb14

• View Profile
A request for a skin (2)
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2006, 11:40:57 pm »
Hi Mr Mind

Its good to hear from the creator of this fantastic character. I would be interested to have anything that has to do with her (dressing. models, etc). If there is a possibility to send them to me my email is idoumanis@yahoo.gr or even better to post them at this forum (so everyone can benefit from). My research work aims to create a digital personality and test it under a particular mobile scenario. The domain of choice is mobile guidance and hence i am looking for a character that can possibly feel and act as a human guide (as much as possible). This is what i have so far:

If you have any other models that you can suggest me please let me know. My work is purely academic.

Thanks
« Last Edit: January 01, 2006, 11:42:20 pm by wgb14 »