Author Topic: Haptek clothes(fully animated)  (Read 9495 times)

wgb14

• View Profile
Haptek clothes(fully animated)
« on: January 02, 2010, 01:23:39 am »
Below are two pieces of cloth for your Haptek characters. They come with several animations, morphs and textures. Feel free to use them in any way you like.

The clothes were designed for a specific character i created and not for the usual fullBod characters. If you want the character now it will cost you just a few euros (as a compensation for my long hours of work). Otherwise I will release it propably some time the middle of 2010 for free.

http://uploading.com/files/45e3e6fm/clothes.zip/

« Last Edit: January 02, 2010, 01:47:01 am by wgb14 »

NIGE

• Bringing things to life
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2010, 12:02:44 am »
Thanks for the clothes.....
Not done much with them but this is what I found so far
Like you said, they are made for your character.

Shirt===   I think with a little scaling it might fit our bodies a bit better.
Movement & Morphs=== The thing that got me was the size of the htr,
9mb, I expected it to nearly move by itself
, but it don't & I don't know what all the morphs do? can't see anything different happening???
Now.......
Pants===  when I put them on a model I was blown away!!!!!
They are fantastic, the detail is so crisp & clear.
But again that's where it stops.
After I got over the initial shock of how good they were I put a walk hap on her, that's when all hell broke loose,
Her legs started walking but the pants didn't know where to go.
Maybe you can explain more on what you mean by fully animated.
That might help us understand.

wgb14

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2010, 04:39:54 am »
Hi

As I said the clothes are made for a specific character. Check the figdef of the cloths and you will find all the animations. If in the walk animation you try (for both pants and top):

switch: walk3 state = 1 you will find that the pants and top move along with the character. The character looks extremely realistic with the clothes but adding so many morphs on the top made it very heavy (hence the size). My intention was if I had the time to write an algorithm that would manipulate the vertices dynamically but since Haptek code is closed source I can't do much about it. There are more than 2000 animations in the clothes. Let me know if you have more problems

Enjoy!!!!

NIGE

• Bringing things to life
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2010, 07:08:22 am »
Hi wgb14, thanks for your reply.
I loaded a character & put your top & pants on her.
Then I dropped the walk hap on her like you said.
When she is walking she goes one way & the pants go the other,
there is no knee movement in the pants like the model either they are stiff like a board.
Getting late down here so I will have another look in the morning.
Oh, it has great possibilities if we can get it to work.
Thanks again.

wgb14

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2010, 09:18:17 am »
Then the pants are working only with my character sorry. I will release the character (with more than 2000 animations) once I am done with my project (possibly in a couple of months)

PS: You can always have a look at the figdef of the clothes and experiment with the switches you will find there.

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2010, 10:50:41 am »
wgb14 your charachter can it be modifiesd (in another words can any of us add artistic persoanl touches to face etc. ) and this is something that we can use with hal right and will lipsinc ok??
i am very interested in this it sounds like what i was hoping someone could create something that wore better clothes like posers and the clothes move naturally with the body of the character . do you know how soon you will release the character ?
 i would be very eager to try it and any new clothes , is their any way to use poser clothes wwith the character , another question i have " is their any way to create a code that would "auto adjust " clothing to fit on different characters ?? if their is a way that would solve the problem of clothes fitting only one character so it would fit any !!![8D]

GT40

• Hey, I see you!
    • View Profile
    • My Bots
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2010, 12:03:15 pm »

Hello wgb14, beautiful clothes. I'm not interested in Haptek stuffs anymore (except of course, in the bizlady, lol) since the day I discovered SL characters

BUT

if your specific character (female, I hope so) is REALLY visually different from a bodyfemale, maybe it might change my mind. Maybe. I call that NBB:

1. Nose: she must have a sexy nose, not the "thing" provided by Haptek (close-ups, especially from profile view, are ugly). Even the bodymale has a better nose.

2. Boots: I like girls in boots (mmmh... white ankle boots, red too) but sometimes they must show their legs and feet.

3. Boobs: I know at least one person in the world who loves small tits.

The good new is your character is not yet released. Wait and see.

Oh yes, maybe I'm a little subjective. [:D]

« Last Edit: January 03, 2010, 12:09:13 pm by GT40 »
Time to waste with skits, bots & other useless things? Why not visit
http://gt40.chez-alice.fr/Haptek/MyBots.htm ? Oops, sorry, a museum!

wgb14

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2010, 12:11:52 am »
The character is a heavily modified version of the fullBod character. You can do with her anything you want. I will release it once I am done with my project, in a couple of months from now.

wgb14

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2010, 08:45:09 am »
Haptek's API doesn't offer any capabilities to deal with the internal of the engine. Auto adjusting code is an idea implemented in Bluemars avatars (not second life). Once I am done with my current project I will proapbly jump onto their platform. SL is extrmely primitive for my taste

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2010, 09:51:19 am »
hello wgb14, i will eagerly await the time when you are done with this character as far as i know not to many has been able to to do a whole lot with her , their has been some body modifications done but i will be glad to see what you have done is their a link to a picture or movie we can see?

GT40

• Hey, I see you!
    • View Profile
    • My Bots
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2010, 11:05:18 am »

Everyone has his taste, wgb14. I know it's not politically correct for programmers to say they like characters of Second Life. Except for those from Linden Lab, lol.[:)]

I'm really addicted to this "game". Just speaking of characters, it's a giant People Putty. As you know, you can do what you want with the whole body, improve, optimize and create the exact avatar you need. And then the animations we can use are fantastic. You're right, nothing like that with Haptek.

I don't worry if many people think SL is not sophisticated, I LOVE it. Maybe because I never tried another drug before...[:D]

wgb14

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2010, 11:54:32 am »
Check out my blog for more details of my work with Haptek. BTW I have done more than 2000 animations (beat pointing, iconic, face expressions)  to this character.

http://virtual-guide-systems.blogspot.com/

GT40

• Hey, I see you!
    • View Profile
    • My Bots
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2010, 12:20:32 pm »

Great blog. No personal attack.

Just defending my dear SL. [:)]

wgb14

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2010, 06:26:05 am »
I have nothing against SL, it was a good platform for its time, but I think it is time to move forward. BlueMars is way way way better. Try both and let me know what you think.

GT40

• Hey, I see you!
    • View Profile
    • My Bots
« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2010, 08:02:59 am »

I'm sure you're right, wgb14, but after watching the system requirements, I can't try Blue Mars. I have an old computer, (PentiumIV 2.4GHz, RAM 2GB, GeForce4 Ti4600), a very good one in 2002, lol. I will try to change it the day SL will not work anymore.

SL runs fine (amazing to see many people always crashing with better computers than mine). Of course I don't use high graphics settings. For me, SL is fascinating because of the virtual life I can have there (with good friends, a land, a house, a club, a group). No need to have HQ images. Of course, just my opinion.[:)]