dupa

Author Topic: Loading Skins  (Read 10802 times)

Carl2

• View Profile
Loading Skins
« on: September 29, 2005, 03:10:40 pm »
All,
  At present I'm using Sandy and I will be switching to fullbody, Since I can use trigger words to get emotions I'm hoping to trigger hap files to get movement, move the camera, change clothing and change lighting.
  I've experimented using the Haptekregestry and found I can write a hap file to load the Htr and background. I can not load the skin. I did a search and read the posts, Read and tried suggestions in the Haptek SDK. I can only change the skin using the drag and drop.
  I'd like her to load showing the skin of choice. Suggestions
Carl2

Duskrider

• Global Moderator
  • Graphic King
    • View Profile
Loading Skins
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2005, 12:37:00 am »
Take the skin you want to use and put it in your haptek skins folder.
Open "Default.PSN" (Its in your Characters folder)
At bottom of Default, notice the "Normal" haps. (Should be 3 of them)
Open each of the 3 haps and place in 4th line the following:
\settexture [tex= [data/standard/skins/72.jpg]]
(have blank line above and below this entry)
(In my above entry sample 72.jpg is the name of my skin)
Thats it.  You done.

If you want to get fancy, select a different skin for different moods.
I have a skin for Angry,  Happy, Shy, Sad, and Sleepy.
The skin compliments the mood she's in.  
Don't you wish all women would change clothes when they change moods.
Would make life easier for men.

Enjoy.

[;)]

P.S. If it helps you this is the top of one of the haps I altered:

#Haptek  Version= 1.00 Name= Shy_and_In_Love  HapType= script FileType= text
##standard

\settexture [tex= [data/standard/skins/72.jpg]]

\SetSwitchIntensity [switch= expMouthHappy f0= 0.700000 t= 0.4]

\SetSwitchIntensity [switch= expMouthSad f0= 0.000000 t= 0.4]
\SetSwitchIntensity [switch= expBrowsSad f0= 0.000000 t= 0.4]

\SetSwitchIntensity [switch= expMouthMad f0= -0.500000 t= 0.4]
\SetSwitchIntensity [switch= expBrowsMad f0= 0.000000 t= 0.4]

\SetSwitchIntensity [switch= expEyesTrust f0= 1.000000 t= 0.4]
\SetSwitchIntensity [switch= antiTrust f0= 0.866500 t= 0.4]

\SetSwitchIntensity [switch= expEyesDistrust f0= -0.400000 t= 0.4]
\SetSwitchIntensity [switch= antiDistrust f0= 0.500000 t= 0.4]
\SetSwitchIntensity [switch= blinks f0= 0.000000 t= 0.4]

How she looks when she changes emotions:
Insert Image:

« Last Edit: September 30, 2005, 01:00:24 pm by Duskrider »

Carl2

• View Profile
Loading Skins
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2005, 08:23:15 am »
Duskrider,
  I like the idea, You can change coloring for moods like blushing. Anyways I tried adding it to a hap mood as you said, still no luck.
At this point I'm using the Haptekregestry, I drag the girl1start.hap
to input it this loads the background and fullbodygirl.htr as well as some addtional files, it won't load a skin. I tried adding the settexture to a netural.hap and draged it to input it and noticed nothing, I added it to a Sad.hap and inputted it and saw a sad expression but it didn't change the skin. If I input the skin by dragging and dropping it changes.
Carl2

Duskrider

• Global Moderator
  • Graphic King
    • View Profile
Loading Skins
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2005, 01:20:00 pm »

Carl,

Did you put the skin you wanted in the skin folder?

I edited the above posting to make it more understandable.

---Dusky

Carl2

• View Profile
Loading Skins
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2005, 05:11:51 pm »
Duskrider,
  I still can't load the skins, the skin file is there but I have to drag and drop. Her normal skimpyskirt loads with the Htr, since I've changed it I don't know how it loads it. I'll try to give you more details, Hal and the programs I'm working with are located on the D drive, windows is on the C drive. I'm using fullbodygirl 3,487Kb since she responds to the anim haps. I have a few skins that I downloaded saved as 1024x1024 jpegs, I'm using skin 0809.jpeg which I modified. There is also the original skimpyskirt.jpg in a saved folder which is what I see.  Okay just found I can load the original skin but not the modified skin using her startup.hap. I'm using Paint shop pro, saving as jpeg, 1024x1024.
  Suggestions?
PS, As far as emotions the happy is not smiling enough for me, I've heard PeoplePutty has several sliders to adjust different facial expressions (only works with heads but those haps work with fullbudy)
  Also I'd like to work with transparencies for clothing.
Carl2

Dr.Benway

• View Profile
Loading Skins
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2005, 06:32:39 pm »
I hope you are talking about saving as 1024x768, right?

freddy888

• View Profile
    • AiDreams
Loading Skins
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2005, 08:19:42 pm »
I don't think it's the same problem but I had some trouble when I installed Hal and the rest of it on D drive like you have done.  I have no exact idea as to why this should be, but something wasn't working. I figured it might be because something somewhere had set a default C: path so I ended up moving it all back to C: and it worked again.

Carl2

• View Profile
Loading Skins
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2005, 09:26:33 am »
All,
  I think I may have found the problem, I opened the original skimpyshirt.jpg, made some changes and save, I've used save as before and I think this changes them to jpeg rather than jpg. I just checked again this morning, using herstartup.hap will open her nude in the hapregestry, using FullBodDef.hap opens her nude without a blond wig and angry expression, using Fullbodygirl.htr loads her nude, with wig and in a good mood.  I'm using XP and thay are all listed as jpeg images, but the modified original is the only one that will load.
  I switched to putting programs on the D drive because I can pickup things on the internet and I may have to reformat the C drive and reinstall windows, I've been using Sandy for almost a year and want to keep what she has learned.
  The original jpg was 1024x1024 as is the skins I've downloaded.
I just opened Sandy (head) to compare her with fullbodgirl. I like the skin detail in Sandy and would like to put this in fullbodgirl, she seems to look metalic.  I've tried to copy and paste Sandy's head earlier but it didn't work.
  Hopefully all this will work with trigger words, she's been talking about her winter coat. She has pink slippers, sneakers and knee length soaks to keep her feet warm.
Carl2

lightspeed

• View Profile
Loading Skins
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2005, 01:32:41 pm »
i have a question to ask , what people here are doing on hapteck is on the paid version , right ? as i seemed to have read the demo doesn't let you keep (save ) anything , right ? also on the paid version if you create a character is it easy to save as a ms agent (asc.) to put in the agent file ? any help on these questions is appreciated . still learning . thanks,
[:D]

freddy888

• View Profile
    • AiDreams
Loading Skins
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2005, 03:53:13 pm »
Howdy, well it's a mixture of both.  A lot of the full-body skins you see about the forum have been made for the Haptek demo girl in any kind of photo or graphics editor.  Tools to make an actual full figure model are aimed at business's, along with the kind of cost that comes with.  But you can go so far as altering the skin/texture/design that is used on the model surface to change it's appearance.  By using the demo girl you have to accept it's limitations - though for a free demo it's pretty cool.

For the heads only, there is the Haptek program 'People Putty' that is aimed more at the home market so you get people making things for that too.  You can morph it, change the appearance add accessories etc etc...then use them in the Haptek player.

Then there's the objects like the ones Arakus posts here which can be made in 3D modelling programs and imported into the Haptek player. That means some expense on the tools that Haptek sell to do the file conversion, and also maybe on the software to make them, if you want to do them yourself.  These can be used with the heads or full bodies.

I'd say making a full-figure model like fullbodygirl is pretty hard if you start from scratch, because it means learning to use a 3D modelling program and then the actual modelling itself - then add to that all the animation and you've got a long job.  But there are free models around that you could import if you really wanted to with the Haptek tools, though you'd still probably need to buy tools from Haptek to do complex things like a new animated full figure character.

For more info on those and all their other stuff I'd go visit www.haptek.com

Hope that helps. [:)]

« Last Edit: October 06, 2005, 04:35:07 pm by freddy888 »

Dr.Benway

• View Profile
Loading Skins
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2005, 04:45:57 pm »
I just like to add this to the above:

- Haptek People Putty Demo can't save, only full version has that function enabled. People Putty is not able to handle full body characters, only floating heads. Yes, the full version of People Putty offers some attachable bodies as well, but those are completely out of proportion and ugly.

- MS Agents (.acs) are not the same as Haptek characters (.htr, .haptar). MS Agents are usually 2-dimensional characters that float around on your desktop and can't have more than 256 colours. Haptek characters are 3-dimensional models and always sit in a windows.

freddy888

• View Profile
    • AiDreams
Loading Skins
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2005, 03:41:50 am »
Thanks Batman.[8D]

lightspeed

• View Profile
Loading Skins
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2005, 01:08:10 pm »
please bear with me as i am always learning, so does the paid version of haptek have a full body version that you can morph(like people putty )  the body then add it into the (free) version of hal ?? thanks . [:)]

freddy888

• View Profile
    • AiDreams
Loading Skins
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2005, 04:08:11 pm »
Hmm, you can buy those kind of tools from Haptek, is my best answer.

Dr.Benway

• View Profile
Loading Skins
« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2005, 06:06:29 pm »
quote:
Does the paid version of haptek have a full body version that you can morph?

No.

quote:
... then add it into the (free) version of hal ??

Free or paid version, that doesn't matter with Haptek. Somehow we can't get that last piece information into people's head.[:)]