dupa

Author Topic: Robotics Show  (Read 3503 times)

Bill819

• View Profile
Robotics Show
« on: October 07, 2005, 07:38:40 pm »
Today I went to a big robotics show in San Jose, CA. As usual it was very nice but most of the bots there were small like toys. There was one big exception and that was with Fred Bartons display. He was the one who created Robby the Robot. All of his bots were full size and I forgot to bring a camera. The 7 foot Gort from the movie 'The Day the Earth Stood Still' and little Huey from the movie 'Silent Running' as well as C3P0 and B9 the full scale bot from 'Lost in Space'. All were somewhat animated and very impressive.
Later on I found the vendor of the kit that I purchased my bot from. After talking to the gentleman and telling him what all my bot could do he gave me his email address and told me to write and he would see to it that I had a place in their booth at the world biggest robotic convention held in Las Vegas Nevada sometime in February.
The thing is that of all the robots out there none of them can carry on a conversation with you like mine can thanks to HAL. I am really starting to get excited about the whole think. Not only do I believe it will sell more of their robot starter kits but it might cause Zabaware to sell many new copies of Ultra Hal. I don't know why none of the other bot makers have ever thought of this or even tried it but it works and now my little bot seems to be alive.
Well I have talked long enough. See you all later.
Bill

FuzzieDice

Robotics Show
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2005, 08:57:33 pm »
CONGRATULATIONS!! :)

They should have some media coverage of your bot! And this time, please do bring a camera. ;) Or if you can get video of your Bot interacting with people?

That is too AWESOME! Let us know how it all turns out. :)

aladyblond

• View Profile
Robotics Show
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2005, 10:04:06 pm »
bill what great news ! i sure hope great things come out of this for you and all of us too.... keep us posted....~~alady
~~~if i only had a brain~~~ i dream of htr with the light brown hair....

freddy888

• View Profile
    • AiDreams
Robotics Show
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2005, 12:40:59 pm »
Congrats Bill, thats good news indeed, you make we want to build a robot now ![:)]