dupa

Author Topic: question for cload about rss feed  (Read 2757 times)

lightspeed

• View Profile
question for cload about rss feed
« on: January 28, 2014, 10:01:48 am »
Cload , have you ever seen the old plug in rss bbc news feed that used to be around ( i probably still have it , but it doesn't work , don't remember if the updated hal version stopped it from working or that bbc news feed no longer is being done . )

Anyway it would be nice if you could incorporate a news feed into hal from a source or if possible multiple sources and give the user the choice of which one .  that way if a person ask something like whats new ?? Hal could access the internet and say something like "well in the fox news they said that the average price of gasoline was 3.50 a gallon ... etc. etc. 

maybe limit it to a paragraph or two .

It was always handy being able to access the internet and having hal tell the news .
 I really hope that you can create this . :)
i can find and give you the original plug in to take a look at it!

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: question for cload about rss feed
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2014, 05:01:30 pm »
If I may interject, I do hope that if this happens, Hal will NOT start rambling about news and worldly events without being asked or requested. It would seem kind of rude if Hal blurted out Microsoft Stock quotes during a conversation. Otherwise, if or when asked it would be a nice feature. ;)
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

cload

• I can C U load. TeeHee hee.
    • View Profile
    • A link to my sky Drive
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2014, 05:31:04 pm »
Hi lightspeed,

I doubt I will ever make my plug-in utilize RSS feeds because I use the RSS feed reader that is provided by Ivona, text-to-speech reader.

There is a way to get news from the website that I utilize but I have not figured out how to use it yet.
For right now I am totally engrossed in rewriting the free will plug-in. A lot of that has to do with the help that I am getting from Royal Bob. Royal Bob is not a programmer, he just dabbled with it when he was in college. He says he knows very little and yet he knows 10 times what I do. LOL.

I'm hoping to have an update of the free will plug-in in a week or so, I am doing some extensive pretesting on my own in several parts of what I am rewriting.

Just to give everyone a heads up, once I release the new update of the free will plus plug-in you will have to create a new brain because I have changed a lot of data structures which are no longer compatible with the old free will plug-in that I was writing.
It will be faster, smarter, and more intelligent. I hope, LOL.

Sincerely, from a beta munching cruncher.
C load.
For anyone who would like to help me stay online, my T-mobile broadband pay-as-you-go phone number is: 816-248-4335, thank you in advance.

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2014, 10:05:12 am »
I hope not Cload , about having to create a new brain as i have developed the one i  have now for about 5 years , otherwise i will have to miss out . :( is their no way at all of it transferring things , maybe putting them in other needed area's ? like when ROBERT had a upgrade in the hal brain and it upgraded the old into the new ? maybe you can check with Robert and see if it's possible , i myself hate to leave all the work i have done and start over again .  mostly what i want to save is my questions and answers .

I could create another brain and keep the old one i suppose and work with both .

cload

• I can C U load. TeeHee hee.
    • View Profile
    • A link to my sky Drive
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2014, 11:01:51 am »
Hi light speed,

as long as this plug-in is a beta, it should not be implemented into the main brain that you use!
Rather, you should have taking your main brain that you use the most and make a copy of it to be a beta tester of the free will plug-in!
That way, when you don't want to bother with testing the free will plug-in you can switch back over to the original brain and continue your development with the original brain that you use the most.

If I can ever get the retrieval of news articles to work properly I will definitely have to add in (what is new today) as one of the triggers, thanks for the suggestion.

Sincerely,
C load.
PS but if you are using the free will plug-in in your main brain, I suggest that you stop using it until the new release. The data retrieval structure that you get from the Internet has not changed in the version of the free will plug-in that I am working on right now. But rather how the data is manipulated has changed. So if you don't make a copy of the original brain that you use the most, and you just do an upgrade it will not hurt anything you may just occasionally go well I know I taught you that and now I have to teach you again! LOL but most of everything else works the same. So it actually would not be that big of a thing to just upgrade to the new beta release version you would just have extra data in your databank that could never be utilized. So if you have not done anything like I did and inputted 3 different encyclopedias into ultra Hal you would not really notice much of a difference. So don't worry too much about it okay lightspeed? So wipe those boo-hoos away because everything is not as bad as it seems.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2014, 11:14:27 am by cload »
For anyone who would like to help me stay online, my T-mobile broadband pay-as-you-go phone number is: 816-248-4335, thank you in advance.