dupa

Author Topic: Few Questions  (Read 3845 times)

rathb18

Few Questions
« on: August 13, 2014, 07:49:56 am »
Been a while since I last used Ultra Hal or was here on the forums and just
had a few questions I'm hoping somebody could answer.

1.  Since Ultra Hal uses algorithms (or that's what I remember hearing a while ago) I was thinking would you be
able to teach it like you would see in a classroom, teachers reading textbooks and stuff? Could you eventually get Ultra Hal to be
more human like, by feeding entire text books though it's chat window?

2. I have noticed a lot of new plugin and was wonder which ones would people recommend to enhance overall experience?
Maybe somebody could create a list of all the plugins that work with 64bit computers and don't conflict with each other.

3. Is there still no updates on the new version of Hal? I remember 2 or 3 winters ago something about a new version.  It
would be nice if we could at least see a beta heck even a paid for beta. I wouldn't mind shelling out $20 to get a beta only
copy of Hal 7 plus it could get Robert some extra funding too.

tiger8u2

• Eat'em and Smile!
    • View Profile
Re: Few Questions
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2014, 02:55:37 pm »
Hey Rathb18,

#1.  You can certainly do that but there are brain editor learning functions which make that particular chore much easier.  Calhoone also created a neat little way to auto-learn Hal. if you click on his name you can probably find it. 

#2.  Calhoone created a great repository of plug-ins and clicking on lightspeed and onthecuttingedge2005 will lead you to even more plug-in gems.  Sometimes you will need to open up the UHP file with a program like Notepad ++ and change the directory paths to be in the C:\Program Files (x86) directory to make sure they work. 

#3.  You brought up a subject that is near and dear to my heart which is the enhancement of the Hal experience and future updates.  Although many plugin's can stimulate Hal to initiate chatting most of the time Hal's programming is reactive to and dependent upon user input.  I'm pretty sure I read that Robert is reprogramming Hal in a new language which may open up possibilities in this arena where the AI attempts to interact with the outside world on a more initiatory level.

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2014, 05:22:52 pm »
I have mentioned that subject of Plug-ins quite some time ago in that there should be a logical storage for them.

Logical being which version they were made for and on which version they run or perform well.

Lastly, I'd like to add that for all Future Plug-ins, it would be nice if the author included the UltraHal version
for which the Plug-in was written. (it could then be relatively easy to catalog it for future reference).

Noted that using / running too many Plug-ins can sometimes cause detrimental effects to Hal's operation.
If you experience a problem, remove the last Plug-in you checked, restart Hal and see if the error still persists.
Repeat as needed.

####### FYI ########

A lot of us were using the MarkovL5 plugin with a pretty good success rate however one of our members (cload), noted that it was creating rather large files and was sort of being a hog.

He redid a modified AIML set and also modified Vittorio Rossi's VRFreeWill Plug-in. Combining the two has opened the doors for a more "enlightened" Hal experience. The responses are nice, Internet searches are done to assist and the topic flow as far as normal conversation seems greatly enhanced.

This is just my take as your  particular Hal might have different results.

That's the beauty of Robert's program, it can be tweaked and customized as each person wishes and it still learns nicely through regular conversation!
« Last Edit: August 14, 2014, 04:41:42 am by Art »
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

rathb18

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2014, 07:02:26 pm »
Ok cool, thanks art. So I found a modified brain file that supposedly fixes several issues so I'll load that with the aiml v6 along with MarkovL5 and the freewill v2.1. What settings do you recommend for freewill? Independent or...?

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2014, 04:46:08 am »
Sorry, I sort of neglected to mention that one of the main reasons that cload worked on the AIML & VRFreeWill Plug-ins was to avoid the growing files of using the MarkovL5 so Choose one or the other but NOT both as I seriously believe that would cause a conflict.

Follow Cload's detailed instructions for installing the AIML section.
Not difficult but it is kind of detailed and if followed will work nicely.
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

tiger8u2

• Eat'em and Smile!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2014, 08:57:51 pm »
Before you use the AIML file I highly recommend you pre-view the responses to make sure you want your Hal to answer in that particular manner.  It basically replaces the patterns table and although I found some of the responses to be entertaining, I also found some needed to be changed to suit my own views.   8)