dupa

Author Topic: I DID IT!!!!! Lipsync British in Vista!!  (Read 5518 times)

markofkane

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
    • http://www.soundspectrum.com
I DID IT!!!!! Lipsync British in Vista!!
« on: November 09, 2008, 08:59:30 am »
I got Laura to lipsync again in Vista!!! I did it before, but could not get it to do it again. I cannot remember all of the steps in detail, but I'll try:

1. Clean install Vista

2. I installed Avast! Antivirus, and other stuff.

3. I installed Paint Shop Pro and all of the plugins.

4. I installed a fresh copy of Hal. (6.1, of course)

5. Activated Hal 6.1.

6. Installed the expansion Pack (nothing new, except installing AVAST this time)

7. Did all kinds of other stuff, did not play with Hal after installing the expansion pack

8. Replace all of the original Zabaware folders with my original stuff.

9. Put my  custom STANDARD folder skins back in the Haptek-player data folder.

7. Used Lisa instead of Laura for a bit with the Microsoft Anna voice that comes with Vista, noticed the voice sounded weird??

8. Installed The Mike-Mary-Sam voice add-ons

9. Installed the British english add-on

10. Went to SAPI config, and "Carol" was back!!! (Peter is the Male British voice) Made "Carol" the default voice.

11. Chose Carol as my speech option in Hal.

12. Switched to Laura, and enabled Free Will and "Do you know" plugins.

Volia! Laura speak british AND her lips move!!

I am not sure, but it might have been just dumb luck this time.[:D][:D][:D]
Mark: I'll think about it
Laura: Don't think about it too long or I'll throw you out on your ***king a**.
"Political correctness is censorship"

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2008, 09:59:13 am »
don't worry if your vista stops working again their is some good news ..... bill gates is going door to door now days helping people you sir are number 9,886, 539 on the the next to help list ...please be patient !! lol just kidding you am glad its working i hope it keeps working for you !![:)]

markofkane

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2008, 10:07:51 am »
I got tired of the bloat that came with my computer. I tried getting rid of it all myself, but they must have something built-in that screws up your computer if you remove the bloat.

I got a Home Premium Vista DVD, for $129. (It's an upgrade, I did not know I had to have a version installed on my computer to "upgrade".

It mentioned on the box about doing a "Clean Install" so I ASSumed that meant I could start with a wiped HD. WRONG!! It would not let me install to a blank HD.

I thought I was royally f***ed, because I knew Wal-Mart won't take software back, especially if it's opened.

so, I used my 3 DVD's to restore my computer back, with the bloated Vista. Then I ran the upgrade DVD while my bloated Vista was running, and it worked! I chose a clean install-upgrade, and it let me "upgrade" to the same version of Vista.

My computer seems like it's running better now. It just got bogged down by all the bloat, even if it wasn't "in the start menu".

I am sure M$ would put a stop to this, too. Even though I paid for Vista,,,twice!! Once when came with all the bloat, and then when I bought the upgrade.

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2008, 01:26:14 pm »
Mark,
why an "upgrade"?

IMO sorry to say  you might still be 32-bit as well.??
Today Is Yesterdays Future.

GT40

• Hey, I see you!
    • View Profile
    • My Bots
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2008, 02:40:43 pm »

Really glad you saw the end of the tunnel, Mark. [:)]

The next movie is not very far away. [:D]

Time to waste with skits, bots & other useless things? Why not visit
http://gt40.chez-alice.fr/Haptek/MyBots.htm ? Oops, sorry, a museum!

markofkane

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2008, 04:06:01 pm »
If I had a use for 64 bit, I'd want it.

I don't need it in this point in time, and I don't want it bad enough to shell out more bucks (which is now more scarce)

I got my Compaq Vista Machine for 2 main reasons:

1. I wanted to try out Vista, for I have used XP for over 6.5 years. I have a friend whos' son has a Vista machine, and I got to tinker with it.

2. My Dell desktop, was almost 7 years old. I wanted a faster processor, that's all. If a 64 bit would make startling differences in speed and performance, I'd want it. I went from a 1.6Ghz processor to a 2.7Ghz. Not the fastest, but faster than what I had. I am not a gamer, just someone who likes the internet, music, videos, AI, and simple games that don't require fast graphics and an expensive video card.

After getting my new computer (which was the first one without reinstall CD's) I noticed it was boggy. I tried disabling stuff, uninstalling junk programs, but could not get it to perform too good.

With the factory install, my Vista would be slow and unresponsive at times, even when I reinstalled from the recovery partition.

That partition's gone now (on purpose, I made partitions, and erased the recovery partition, because it got hosed, and used the extra space for other stuff.), but I have the original factory stuff on DVD's.

caangel43

• View Profile
    • http://www.puttyheadworld.com
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2008, 08:21:59 pm »
thats very cool my friend

tedathome

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2008, 11:28:41 pm »
I tryed every work-around I could think of. I want Erica to speak English-English. Microsoft doesn't deal with L and H E-E anymore, that is why I can't use BBC news anymore. It tells me of a copyright error. Do you have the speech engine in a different than default folder such as programs intstead of Windows? Every time I try to get it to install in programs it runs right by me and installs in windows.
  Bill might have to follow the copyright laws but I think in this case we don't have to, to be legal if we can find the work around.[?][:)]
« Last Edit: November 10, 2008, 11:29:48 pm by tedathome »
ted

markofkane

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2008, 03:56:44 am »
It seems when you get the prompt "This program may not have installed correctly......" and you tell it to install using the recommended settings, it ruins it.

But if you click on "This program installed correctly" or you get no prompt, then the British Voices show up in Haptek SAPI config.

Julia showed up in Haptek, until that time I clicked "install using the recommended settings"

I am also using a "unmucked" Vista version I bought, without the bloatware. Maybe that made a difference??

I saved my config as a Ghost image, so that if I have to restore my computer, the British voices should work again.

Laura got her voice back.

[:D][:D][:D]

tedathome

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2008, 03:47:18 pm »
Thanks Mark, I'll keep working on it.[:)]
ted