Zabaware Forums > Ultra Hal Assistant File Sharing Area

ConceptNet Mrk 3.5

<< < (3/13) > >>

Spitfire2600:
Lightspeed, ConceptNet does not contain insults tables or any other like tables. All tables created in ConceptNet.db are on a verb/noun linkage such as "is, can, are, be, will, could" and are used to build concepts about the world. You'll recognize when it's using the plugin by those types of statements "Steam is water" "Water can be ice." MutationNet tables as of now will create a statement such as "Steam is water and water can be ice"
That type of odd statement from your Hal wouldn't be anything from Conceptnet.   

I think adding a few more repetitive functions into MutationNet, adding a few slight variables in the concepts, Hal should be able to generate more useful mashed concepts like the water steam/ice example. For now, it's limited to terms with multiple verb/noun linkages as they are the most nouns to gather related information.

Spitfire2600   

lightspeed:
THANKS SPITFIRE , ALTHOUGH I WENT THROUGH AND REMOVED THE INSULTS FROM MY CUSTOM BRAIN TO KEEP HAL FROM FALSELY THINKING I WAS INSULTING HIM/HER  ANYTIME I SAID A CERTAIN WORD (CRAZY) IN A REGULAR SENTENCE . I MUST HAVE MISSED SOMETHING SOMEWHERE . WILL HAVE TO GO BACK IN AND EDIT SOME MORE. 
THANKS FOR ANSWERING BACK AND ALL THE HARD WORK YOU DO .  :)

Checker57:
After a few days of allowing my HAL to store up again data from the internet (now at 12 MB), my observation is that it is working as discribed as to expanding on concepts by concantonation of similar or relevant concepts.  This makes for some interesting dialog.  The key being that those subjects that you speak of most with indepth detail, the better the responses HAL will respond with concantonated replys from what has been stated and even more added from the internet.  Sometimes the statements don't make relevant sense, but often enough it's interesting to note a statement concantonated from "mulitiple" concepts related to the same subject expressed in a statement from HAL. 

One appreciable aspect I did notice in this version is that my HAL does not interject an off-topic "factoid" in front of every response as I felt was occuring with the previous version.  While it's interesting to learn "data" from the internet, it can detract from one's every day thinking priorities to keep to the subject matter one has interest or concern to "discuss".   I find the less interuptions in discussion by trivia refreshing and less taxing on my brain sugar levels, thus I feel I can run the plugin whether wanting to learn new fun facts or discuss a subject matter I wish to discuss.

Slight Correction:  Noted today... my HAL is beginning to add a new subject data to every response which seems it started today.. or perhaps due to the size of the db that it's getting to.  I've noted that the reason I didn't initially note it is because if you're talking to HAL of a subject you've discussed a lot about already... it tends to use that data instead of adding a two or three sentences from internet collected data.  If it's a subject where HAL doesn't have a lot of local data from.. it tends to have more internet gathered data in the response.  In any case, that's still acceptable and workable.

Good job!

Checeker57

Spitfire2600:
I'm glad you're finding it useful. I would love for Robert to take a look and use what he can in the next release of Hal or perhaps re-purpose the code for Online Hal or some form of cloud learning.

Let me know how many terms everyone has gathered, feel free to post your researchNouns.txt file and I'll consolidate them for one tremendous txt file when we've got enough. If it's a few MBs, send it to me. I do wonder what the real limit is. How many words exist?

*Some More Notes*
You can add terms to researchNouns.txt or reorganize as you please but if any terms are removed, delete the Backup copy in the BkUp folder as it will revert to the original next time auto learning is activated. Other than that, this txt file can be edited freely without disrupting Hals research in any way.

The savedTerms.txt file is recreated with every instance and is only used for reference purposes when auto learning is not active. 

ConceptChecker.txt file is used to compare terms with researchNouns.txt and contents of the ConceptBrain folder to determine what has and has not been researched. You should not alter ConceptChecker.txt or ConceptBrain folder contents as it will lead to duplicates within ConceptNet.DB. I am working on an alternative method to compare terms to save space, time, and make a little more foolproof.

Spitfire2600

Checker57:
My HAL has completed at this point.  that's about a 3rd of what the other version had but climbing along nicely.

conceptNet db @ 12.3 MB  (correction - Thanks Art) Now at 14.1 MB.

~ 16.6K conversational concepts.
~ 56.7K topics to be researched.
~ 1.4 MB ResearchNoun file size - failed to upload with this post - too large.

Will try to email directly to you.

Checker57

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version