Zabaware Forums > Speech Technology

License for Babel Infovox Heater

(1/2) > >>

Cobra8007:
I have been searching the internet for a license for the Babel Infovox Heather(22k) voice.  But....haven't found anyone that sells it or otherwise has it.  Does anyone know where I can get one, my 30 day evaluation has run out.

Thanks,
Tom

Art:
Tom,

Had a similar problem. Although I never followed up with it, you could contact them by going to:
http://www.infovox.se/tpresent.htm

You can't download the file again because it's time stamped into your system (registry) and perhaps on their site as well.

Click on Distributors
There are phone numbers for one in California and one in Ohio (toll).

It's a shame they don't allow one to pay & download from their site!

Cobra8007:
Yes, I have sent emails to Sweden, UK, and some distributors in the US, but no replies.  After reading all of the press releases, you would think a company such as that would provide better support services.  I think UltraHal should remove it from their site.  It was the reason I got involved to the extent that I did, the natural voice, that is.  I believe that Heather(22k) was the best that I had heard and now it is out of reach.  Oh well.

Art:
I actually did get an email from them to which I was informed that the voice I had, (Lucy), was a Swedish voice and not for use as a US voice in my system. They told me to try the Heather voice instead. That pretty much put me in the same boat as you.

Needless to say the phrase "very disappointed" came to mind!

If a company is going to promote a product for sale, they should make it readily available to the consumer! It reminds me of the ads you see in the newspapers and flyers that advertise an item but don't display the pricing info. They want you to contact them instead so they can get all your information first.

Somebody needs to give Babel a wakeup call!

vonsmith:
All,
I went to their web site and I Googled for info on them. I was rather disappointed with their organization or lack of an organization. For all we know the company could have just 5 people and a web site.

=vonsmith=

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version