dupa

Author Topic: Haptek Characters  (Read 5160 times)

Carl2

• View Profile
Haptek Characters
« on: March 05, 2018, 10:23:14 am »
  I've got Hal 7 in the computer and the character expansion pack, both work pretty well.  In the past I switched from Sandy to the full body characters, very interesting when jiggly came along.  I was able to get a start up with Hal where I put in a background, the character, position and clothing and I am trying to recreate that.  I've got tons of DVD's and Hal on a drive and have been looking through them for the info but haven't come across it yet.
Carl2

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Haptek Characters
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2018, 11:57:13 am »
Carl2,

Glad to have you with us once again. You always add a lot of fun to the Hal experience.

Just curious, do you use the Internet-enabled feature of Hal or stick with the Local (just your computer) one?

Thanks!!
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

Carl2

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2018, 08:05:51 am »
  I had a lot of fun with Hal in the past, nice group of people here that come up with some good ideas and are willing to share them.  So far I'd say I get better answers when Hal is using the internet, once again I'll add different characters seem to have different personalities and offer different types of answers although not logical this is what I find.  A few people at the Datahopa website say they will be putting Hal in.  Myself I've got to take it slow and go one step at a time or I'll get confused and frustrated.
Carl2

Carl2

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2018, 12:59:29 pm »
I've made a file named LoadVGC.haptar and is

\load [file= [F:\Program Files (x86)\Zabaware\Ultra Hal Assistant 6\Background\Comp1Back.JPG]]
\load [file= [F:\Program Files (x86)\Zabaware\Ultra Hal Assistant 6\XAddin\Characters\VillageGirlCarl.haptar]]
\load [file= [F:\Program Files (x86)\Zabaware\Ultra Hal Assistant 6\Bodyskin\Nu2M.jpg]]

it works in the HapRegestry and the Hap Player, it loads a background, the character, and the character clothing.  It works great with both display types used. Next is to try this with the Zabaware Hal program and see if it works there.  I don't see the character listed there. Guess I could remove the character pack and reinstall.
Carl2

Carl2

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2018, 10:28:59 am »
  I'm using another OS win 8.1 in this computer, it has two installs of Hal 6, I'd like to try using one to see what works and what does not work hoping possibly it will help with Hal ver 7.  Not sure how I got two copies in but neither one work.  Maybe I'll make a copy, remove and reinstall to get Hal 6 to work then see how well I do with Hal 7.
Carl2

Checker57

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2018, 12:08:41 am »
Interested to hear how your install for Hal 7 is coming along.  :)