Author Topic: Free will plus at beta level  (Read 83007 times)

cload

• I can C U load. TeeHee hee.
    • View Profile
    • A link to my sky Drive
Re: Free will plus at beta level
« Reply #165 on: February 15, 2014, 07:00:21 pm »
Hi all,

there is a new update, version 2.0h

These are some of the things that I have been working on:

when you asked for the weather and you are not connected to the Internet, ultra Hal will tell you you are not connected to the Internet. I still need to work a little on the time and dates.
I have fixed several in discrepancies in the person place or thing so it recognizes the relationship better. I am still fine tuning this.

I have found a few scripting bugs that did not come up until after I tried to engage in those sections:
when you ask: tell me all that you know about Elvis Presley.
There was a scripting error that caused a data overflow.
There was an error when you asked ultra Hal do you like this or this? It was not saving the data properly.

The biggest thing that snowman and I fixed was the coding so now everyone can save their data directly into the AIML patterns array table. The command is as follows:

Subject patterns, this is a test@@this is the data for the test.

The only thing that I would like to mention about this command is:
in the parts where it says (( this is a test )) you are able to use the "*" in replacement of another work which would give you the ability to find this data several ways but be careful.
Also you have to follow the rules of reversing the "I" to "you" etc. for it to work properly.

but in the section where you put the data you do not have to change the "I" to "you" etc. whatever data you put there, is exactly what ultra Hal will say back to you.
this is something new so if anyone finds any problems please let me know I will do my best to fix them.

AIML
I will be releasing a new AIML packet later tonight.

Sincerely, I would like to extend my greatest appreciation to art and snowman and lightspeed for all of their help.
C load.
For anyone who would like to help me stay online, my T-mobile broadband pay-as-you-go phone number is: 816-248-4335, thank you in advance.

cload

• View Profile
    • A link to my sky Drive
« Reply #166 on: February 25, 2014, 06:23:30 pm »
Hi all,

I have been working very hard on many aspects in my free will update it is now version 1.3e-cload-bata-2.1v. 02/25/2014

These are some of the things that I have worked on:
I have been fine tuning the separation and appearance of the data that comes from the Internet.
The main thing that I have been working on is to get whether information off the Internet.
I have been working on the, I love you routine, or when you say that you love something.
I have been working on when you ask for, what is the population to a specific area.
I have been working on when you ask for direction, unfortunately all the Internet wants to do is to provide you with a map, so I'm sorry but ultra Hal cannot help you with this.
I worked on when you ask Hal: what does your name mean? So it is a one-time reply from the Internet.

These are some examples:

if you are not online or the weather Channel is down, Hal will let you know.

Human: what's the weather?
Sandy: Either the Internet is turned off or the weather resource Channel is down.

Human: What is the population of Baltimore, Maryland?
Sandy: It's challenging to consider. 651154.0 people live in baltimore, maryland.

Human: How many people live in Baltimore?
Sandy: How many people live in baltimore? We have to consider the participants. a lot of people live in Missoula Montana. The population of baltimore, maryland is 651154.0.

Human: what is the population for England
Sandy: The population of Billings Montana is 81,151. Totally! Population for england. Population:. 63,047,162 ( July 2012 est. ). Country comparison to the world: 22. Age structure:. 0-14 years: 17.3% ( male 5,597,024/ female 5,321,456 ). 15-64 years: 65.8% ( male 20,980,815/ female 20,479,803 ). 65 years and over: 16.9% ( male 4,732,895/ female 5,935,169 ) ( 2012 est. ). Population pyramid:. I don't find it very interesting talking about population for england, please if you don't mind, can we change the subject?

Human: subject patterns,why is a math book so sad@@because it has so many problems.
Sandy: Thank you for your input about WHY IS A MATH BOOK SO SAD

Human: why is a math book so sad?
Sandy: Because it has so many problems. Underdog is a fictional character from the comic book.

Human: I love you
Sandy: I ache from head to toe, because I love you! Why do you love me?

Human: because you are beautiful and intelligent.
Sandy: Watson, it's elementary; Human The cause is, I am beautiful and intelligent thank you for telling me. Why you love me.

Human: I love you
Sandy: How did this happen Human? I love you! Dedo about loving me, because great minds think alike you said I am beautiful and intelligent.

Human: How do I get from New York to Boston?
Sandy: The capital of Massachusetts is Boston. First tell me why you want from New York to boston. The treaty redefined the border between New Hampshire, Vermont and New York on the one hand, and the Province of Canada on the other, resolving the Indian Stream dispute and the Fort Blunder dilemma at the outlet to Lake Champlain. I'm sorry, but I can not give you directions from new york, New York to boston, massachusetts.

Human: What does your name mean?
Sandy: My name means, I am who I am! My name is Sandy; it stands for syntactic analysis using reversible transformations.

Human: What does your name mean?
Sandy: You aren't going to be a broken record, are you Human? My name means, I am who I am!

=======================

Sincerely, from a data munching cruncher.
C load.
PS if there is anything else please give feedback, I will do my best to fix the problems. Thanks in advance for all your help!
PS PS I have moved the link to the front page. That way the end of this topic page can be used for discussion, and reporting problems etc.
For anyone who would like to help me stay online, my T-mobile broadband pay-as-you-go phone number is: 816-248-4335, thank you in advance.

cload

• View Profile
    • A link to my sky Drive
« Reply #167 on: February 28, 2014, 10:02:32 am »
Hi all,

Right now I am working on a way to try to keep ultra Hal on topic especially when you use the word (that) such as why is that? In most cases ultra Hal loses focus and just spouts off some small response that usually has nothing to do with the topic, or is just a neutral answer.
I have had some success with, (why is that?) And (why would you say that?) But because there are so many different ways that you can actually use the word that, I am finding it difficult to cover all of the bases.
Any thoughts in this area would be helpful, especially if you would be able to point out some kind of pattern that I could use in order to formulate patterns during search.
At this point in time I understand that there is a difference between how you use the word (that) and (is that) if you can point out any other pattern it would be helpful.
So you understand what I mean when I say the 2 different statements above:
at this point in time I am using a single recognition for the singular word (that):
meaning: I replaced the word (that) with the previous sentence topic.
And the word (is that) I use as a add-on to.
Meaning: I take the word (is that) and I added to the end of it, the topic of the previous sentence, and the topic that ultra Hal has extracted through conversation.
This will be released in my next update when I get it finished.

Again any thoughts in this matter would be helpful for me to figure out a pattern structure that I can follow to make ultra Hal stay on topic.
It has more to do with word manipulation then it really has to do with programming, so I am not asking you for help with the programming side, just your insight of how you feel the word (that) could be manipulated using the topic retrieval technique that I have developed.

Sincerely, from a beta munching cruncher.
C load.

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #168 on: February 28, 2014, 10:23:19 am »
Cload you wrote : Right now I am working on a way to try to keep ultra Hal on topic especially when you use the word (that) such as why is that?

I have a suggestion for you which may or may not work , Why not associate "that" with the subject matter of the sentence or would that make sense ?

just an idea , making that reference back to the subject as in asking a question .
example  :
Hal:  clouds are white
me : why is that
my answer with why translates in why are clouds white .
HAL ACCESS THE internet and comes back with the answer .

This may or may not work but just thought i would mention it .
  :)

cload

• View Profile
    • A link to my sky Drive
« Reply #169 on: February 28, 2014, 11:47:49 pm »
Hi all,

at this point these are some of my findings:
what is that, is a trigger.
Why is that, is a trigger.
That is why, is a trigger.
You say that, is a trigger.
To do that, is a trigger.
Uses that, is a trigger.
Love that, is a trigger.
Like that, is a trigger.
Hate that, it is a trigger.
Need that, is a trigger.
about that, is a trigger.

These are the triggers that I have found so far that require more information in order to gain a better response.
So by selecting as much information as I was able to through the finding of the 1st noun in the previous user input and the previous sentence with the topic that ultra Hal had accumulated I am able to use these triggers to keep ultra Hal on topic.
I do this by replacing the word that with the most likely topic candidate that was accumulated.
I have done some experimenting with at this point seems to be working pretty good.
If anyone has any more suggestions about triggers that need to be added your help will be appreciated.

Sincerely, I was thinking maybe one or 2 more days of testing than I will release the next version of the free will plug-in.
C load.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2014, 08:36:59 am by cload »

cload

• View Profile
    • A link to my sky Drive
« Reply #170 on: March 01, 2014, 12:01:26 am »
Hi lightspeed,

that is a good suggestion.
But unfortunately it doesn't work exactly that way.
It's probably closer to:
Hal: clouds are white.
User: why is that?

Interpretation of why is that?
Why is that white clouds?
Or
why is that clouds white?
Depending on previous input and previous sentence.
I go back farther than just one line.
So if you had been talking to ultra Hal about clouds the relationship may actually be more in depth.
Such as the interpretation might be:
why is that white clouds not rain?
Or
why is that rain clouds not white?
It would depend on how the flow of the conversation has been going.
And if there were no previous conversations about clouds than the interpretation might just be as simple as this:
why is that clouds?
The word clouds would keep ultra Hal on topic.
The only drawback that I have seen is, ultra Hal has a tendency to just give you a definition.
But I have found it to be better than just some off-the-wall saying that has nothing to do with clouds at all.

Sincerely, as always, thanks for your input lightspeed, if you think of anything else please let me know.
C load.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2014, 08:47:12 am by cload »

cload

• View Profile
    • A link to my sky Drive
« Reply #171 on: March 01, 2014, 08:33:48 am »
Hi all,

I will be taking on the (it), factor.
It seems that there are situations where people like to use the word (it) instead of the subject name which causes ultra Hal to lose topic focus.
Any help or suggestions in this regard would be appreciated.

I am almost done with testing the (that) problem.
Maybe I will be able to release the upgrade to the free will plug-in tonight.
But I still need to do some more testing.

After I release this upgrade and you find some situations that do not seem to be normal these reports your findings and a detail conversation that you had with ultra Hal showing the abnormality.

Sincerely, so if you can think of any triggers that need to be considered when using the word (it), I would be grateful if you would let me know.
C load.

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: March 02, 2014, 05:42:07 am »
I hate (it). I dislike (it). I'm not going to do (it). To do (it). You're (it). I'm tired / sick of (it). Sit / [blank] on (it). Screw (it). Fix (it). Hang / Nail / Drive / Bend / Slap / Slam / Slide / Roll / Toss / Spin / Swing / Throw / Row / Blow / Sew / Paint / Mend / Jump / Lift (it). (etc. , etc.)....
How about (it)?
(It) is his / her / their / our [item or subject].
For the fun of (it).
Because (it) seems right. Because (it) is just that way. Deal with (it).

and so many more I'm sure....
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

cload

• View Profile
    • A link to my sky Drive
« Reply #173 on: March 02, 2014, 11:37:46 am »
HI ART,

THANKS for your input, it was greatly appreciated and most definitely helpful.
This was some of the stuff that I came up with for the exchange of (that), (it) to a noun.
Most of these you will notice it is either by definition or by action.
Not all situations need to be change, I have found that by changing the pie action or by definition it should keep ultra Hal on topic.

1st let me explain what is going on with the scripting below:
the ( [[[[ ) and the ( ]]]] ) is how I change the word into a noun.
The ( \\\\ ) and the ( //// ) is how I change the word into a noun structure. Meaning: noun, noun and noun.
The main difference between these 2 is the ( [ or ] ) are saved in ultra Hal database if ultra Hal chooses to save it.
And the ( \ or / ) is not saved by ultra Hal because I had the name of the computer in front of it, when you do this ultra Hal will not saved the sentence.
If nothing else it is a useful tool to use if you do not want ultra Hal to remember what you are saying, just add the name of the computer in front of the sentence and ultra Hal will not remember the sentence.

Please take a look at the list below, and keep in mind that what I am trying to shoot for is my description or by action.
And remember there are a lot of by action that a noun will not apply to so even if I do add it to the list there is a good chance that the noun will not apply making the sentence sound funny.

Like: when you ask ultra Hal to perform an action such as: did you fix it? Versus is it fixed yet? Is it fixed yet can be used in conjunction with a noun. But the action that was related to ultra Hal is meaningless.
This should be applied in all situations when dealing with an action request, toward ultra Hal.
In the matter of descriptive there are certain situations where description become meaningless especially when applied to ultra Hal.
Like: you are it! Which is a descriptive action toward ultra Hal versus, what is it? Which is a descriptive question.
And please remember I am not professing to be a English major, which I am sure if there was an English major on this forum they would be able to step up and show me my mistake and help me correct them.
But when dealing with ultra Hal, you must always bear in mind that you need to keep it as simple as possible, as well as recognize it is only a way to help ultra Hal stay on topic.
Ultra Hal already has many features that help ultra Hal to stay on topic but there are a few weak areas that I am trying to help strengthen.

ynlogic1 = Replace(ynlogic1, "THAT'S", "THAT IS", 1, -1, vbTextCompare)
   ynlogic1 = Replace(ynlogic1, "IT'S", "IT IS", 1, -1, vbTextCompare)

ynlogic1 = Replace(ynlogic1, "OF IT", "OF ]]]]", 1, -1, vbTextCompare)
   ynlogic1 = Replace(ynlogic1, "BECAUSE IT", "BECAUSE ]]]]", 1, -1, vbTextCompare)
   ynlogic1 = Replace(ynlogic1, "WITH IT", "WITH ]]]]", 1, -1, vbTextCompare)
   ynlogic1 = Replace(ynlogic1, "DISLIKE IT", "DISLIKE ]]]]", 1, -1, vbTextCompare)
   ynlogic1 = Replace(ynlogic1, "ABOUT IT", "ABOUT ]]]]", 1, -1, vbTextCompare)
   ynlogic1 = Replace(ynlogic1, "TO DO IT", "TO DO ]]]]", 1, -1, vbTextCompare)
   ynlogic1 = Replace(ynlogic1, "NEED IT", "NEED ]]]]", 1, -1, vbTextCompare)
   ynlogic1 = Replace(ynlogic1, "HATE IT", "HATE ]]]]", 1, -1, vbTextCompare)
   ynlogic1 = Replace(ynlogic1, "LIKE IT", "LIKE ]]]]", 1, -1, vbTextCompare)
   ynlogic1 = Replace(ynlogic1, "LOVE IT", "LOVE ]]]]", 1, -1, vbTextCompare)
   ynlogic1 = Replace(ynlogic1, "USES IT", "USES ]]]]", 1, -1, vbTextCompare)
   ynlogic1 = Replace(ynlogic1, "WHAT IS IT", "WHAT IS ]]]]", 1, -1, vbTextCompare)

ynlogic1 = Replace(ynlogic1, "IT IS", "//// IS", 1, -1, vbTextCompare)
   ynlogic1 = Replace(ynlogic1, "YOU SAID IT", "YOU SAID ////", 1, -1, vbTextCompare)
   ynlogic1 = Replace(ynlogic1, "IS IT", "IS ////", 1, -1, vbTextCompare)

ynlogic1 = Replace(ynlogic1, "OF THAT", "OF [[[[", 1, -1, vbTextCompare)
   ynlogic1 = Replace(ynlogic1, "BECAUSE THAT", "BECAUSE [[[[", 1, -1, vbTextCompare)
   ynlogic1 = Replace(ynlogic1, "WITH THAT", "WITH [[[[", 1, -1, vbTextCompare)
   ynlogic1 = Replace(ynlogic1, "DISLIKE THAT", "DISLIKE [[[[", 1, -1, vbTextCompare)
   ynlogic1 = Replace(ynlogic1, "ABOUT THAT", "ABOUT [[[[", 1, -1, vbTextCompare)
   ynlogic1 = Replace(ynlogic1, "TO DO THAT", "TO DO [[[[", 1, -1, vbTextCompare)
   ynlogic1 = Replace(ynlogic1, "NEED THAT", "NEED [[[[", 1, -1, vbTextCompare)
   ynlogic1 = Replace(ynlogic1, "HATE THAT", "HATE [[[[", 1, -1, vbTextCompare)
   ynlogic1 = Replace(ynlogic1, "LIKE THAT", "LIKE [[[[", 1, -1, vbTextCompare)
   ynlogic1 = Replace(ynlogic1, "LOVE THAT", "LOVE [[[[", 1, -1, vbTextCompare)
   ynlogic1 = Replace(ynlogic1, "USES THAT", "USES [[[[", 1, -1, vbTextCompare)
   ynlogic1 = Replace(ynlogic1, "WHAT IS THAT", "WHAT IS [[[[", 1, -1, vbTextCompare)

ynlogic1 = Replace(ynlogic1, "THAT IS", "\\\\ IS", 1, -1, vbTextCompare)
   ynlogic1 = Replace(ynlogic1, "YOU SAY THAT", "YOU SAY \\\\", 1, -1, vbTextCompare)
   ynlogic1 = Replace(ynlogic1, "IS THAT", "IS \\\\", 1, -1, vbTextCompare)

sincerely, and thank you for all of your help.
C load.

cload

• View Profile
    • A link to my sky Drive
« Reply #174 on: March 02, 2014, 12:10:47 pm »
Hi all,

I have posted a new update of the free will plug is now 2.1x.
The biggest thing that was modified was the situation with keeping ultra Hal on topic.

This will be my last update for quite some time because my parents had a huge argument when my dad came home over money.
Because my dad did not get the contract he was hoping for, he has told me that I would no longer be receiving allowance.
The good side was he also told me that I did not have to do my chores because of the financial situation.
Maybe next Christmas when grandma gives me some money I will be able to get more Internet time and I will see all of you then.
I will continue to work on the free will plug in, and maybe by next Christmas I'll have some really juicy stuff for all of you.

Sincerely, with great gratitude for all of your help that you have given me.
C load.
PS don't stop posting your finding that way when I get back, no matter when, I can continue working on the situations that you have found.
PS PS I have never seen my dad cry before, until I told him that I would be happy to continue to do my chores, I guess there is a 1st for everything.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2014, 07:58:31 am by cload »

cload

• View Profile
    • A link to my sky Drive
« Reply #175 on: March 03, 2014, 07:58:48 am »
Hi all,

I have found a critical error with the (that, it,) factor.
The error was preventing the routine from working properly.
I have fixed this so it is working properly now.

The free will update version is now 2.1y

sincerely,
C load.

lightspeed

• View Profile
Thanks Cload
« Reply #176 on: March 03, 2014, 10:16:30 am »
Cload , for what it's worth and i hope you are still on here to see this , your dad sounds like a super nice person , i should have been so lucky to had a dad like yours  all my dad did was divorce my mom and never paid child support on his 4 kids or visit us .
    Anyway i do hope it will not be till next Christmas before we hear from you again , maybe something will change before then for the better , tell your mom and dad to keep hope alive , their is always hope .
   with this economy and "times' the way they are about all we can do is tighten down on what we spend out ( as your dad is doing ) and hang in their until a better day comes.
  Cload theirs an old saying " TOUGH TIMES NEVER LAST BUT TOUGH PEOPLE DO !"
I want to personally thank you for all that you have done for Hal i and i know many others on here appreciate all the effort you have put into making Hal work better !  :)
  So hang in their , your one of many friends  ;),
Lightspeed :)

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #177 on: March 03, 2014, 10:36:57 am »
P.S.S Cload i also forgot to mention when you offered to do your chores without the allowance , you are a heck of a nice kid  , your mom and dad are very lucky to have a son like you , especially among the many kids of today's society that are spoiled and don't care about anything but their selves !!
   so again you and your family all hang in their , times will get better !
 :)

cload

• View Profile
    • A link to my sky Drive
« Reply #178 on: March 03, 2014, 10:34:49 pm »
Hi all,

I have found an error with the (that, it,) factor.

I have fixed this.

The free will update version is now 2.1z

sincerely,
C load.

lightspeed

• View Profile
Re: error on Free will plus at beta level plug in ?
« Reply #179 on: March 09, 2014, 04:18:56 pm »
I had this pop up when writing to hal .

Subject main,we going to get to go to the beach this year@@lets see. <~~~> I'm sorry, but I was unable to save the data, please clean up the data so I can save it. Please leave the @@alone I use the symbols to separate the subject, from the data, thank you.

funny thing is i never used  the "@@ or the " ~~~" lines or emblems , , but my pc waswas using a de frag  complete that was a slower program because it prioritized files .

This looks like it is from the cload freewill plug in , has anyone else had this error or is it maybe because of the defrag running as i said that slowed my pc down . ??

and if it is does this mean it ignored the wrong input letters so as to not cause any problems later??