Author Topic: wondering about hapteks singing techniques  (Read 4566 times)

lightspeed

• View Profile
Re: wondering about hapteks singing techniques
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2021, 09:37:41 pm »
OKAY I RETESTED EVERYTHING AND THIS IS THE COMPLETE CHANGED SING SONG FILE I DID ACCORDING TO MY PATHWAYS FOR BALABOKA AND THE SINGSONG UHP PC PATHWAY . BUT IT IS STILL SAYING . THAT FILE DOES NOT EXIST , EXCEPT IT DOES THE SONG FILE  IS THERE AND THE TEST FILES I TRIED WAS THERE . I DID USE CAPS  WHEN REQUESTING "PLEASE SING AND I COPIED THE ACTUAL SONG NAME AND PASTED IT  AND HIT ENTER . BUT IT STILL SAYS THAT FILE DOES NOT EXIST .  MAYBE I AM MISSING SOMETHING ELSE BUT I DON'T KNOW WHAT IT IS?
HERE IS THE CHANGED FILE ACCORDING TO MY PC. PATHWAYS

Rem Type=Plugin
Rem Name=singasong3
Rem Author=jasondude7116
Rem Host=Assistant

'This sub setups the plug-ins option panel in Hal's options dialog
Sub OptionsPanel()
    lblPlugin(0).Caption = "Just say- PLEASE SING whateversong  PLEASE SING SONG LIST for a list of songs"
    lblPlugin(0).Move 120, 10, 3300, 1000
    lblPlugin(0).WordWrap = True
    lblPlugin(0).Visible = True
End Sub

Rem PLUGIN: PLUGINAREA6
   'sing a song   
Set objFSO = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
DudProceed2 = False

If SongSung = "" Then SongSung = HalBrain.SearchPattern(HalBrain.AlphaNumericalOnly(OriginalSentence), "PLEASE SING *", 1)
If SongSung <> "" And objFSO.FileExists("C:\Program Files(x86)\Zabaware\Ultra Hal 7\songs\" & SongSung & ".txt") = True Then
 Select Case HalBrain.RandomNum(6)
Case 1
IdleResponse66 = "I would love to."
Case 2
IdleResponse66 = "Sure."
Case 3
IdleResponse66 = "Alright."
Case 4
IdleResponse66 = "Okay."
Case 5
IdleResponse66 = "Sing with me."
Case 6
IdleResponse66 = "No problem."
End Select
GetResponse = IdleResponse66
    HalBrain.ReadOnlyMode = True     
   If GetResponse = IdleResponse66 Then
   DudProceed2 = True

End If   

If DudProceed2 = True Then
   Set objWSHShell = CreateObject("WScript.Shell")

objWSHShell.Run("""C:\Program Files(X86)\Balabolka\balabolka.exe"" -rmq ""C:\Program Files(x86)\Zabaware\Ultra Hal 7\songs\" & SongSung & ".txt"" ""Eddie""")
   End If

End If

If SongSung <> "" And objFSO.FileExists("C:\Program Files(x86)\Zabaware\Ultra Hal 7\songs\" & SongSung & ".txt") = False Then
         GetResponse = " That file does not exist. "
End If

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2021, 09:46:00 pm »
I DID NOTICE IN PART OF THE UHP FILE IT HAS THIS :
objWSHShell.Run("""C:\Program Files(X86)\Balabolka\balabolka.exe"" -rmq ""C:\Program Files(x86)\Zabaware\Ultra Hal 7\songs\" & SongSung & ".txt"" ""Eddie""")
   End If

THE PART TOWARD THE END THAT HAS   ""Eddie""")    IS THIS AN EXAMPLE ?? OR IS THIS SOMETHING THAT HAS TO BE CHANGED ????

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2021, 10:04:48 pm »
one more thing i tried and that was with balabaka i made sure the voice being used was the same one in hal  being used, i don't know if this would matter but i did it anyway and it still said that file does not exist . for some reason it isn't recognizing the song folder and all it's files within, even though i have made sure that the pathways are now correct  to balaboka and to the songs folder . 
« Last Edit: September 08, 2021, 09:22:26 am by lightspeed »

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2021, 09:59:21 am »
When you run the SETUP.EXE file for Balabolka, it installs into its selected directory.

If you Run the Balabolka.exe file, you'll be able to select from the Options menu, one of a various number of installed voices on your system.

Once you made a selection, you can type a sentence then press the green arrow at the top of the menu and the program will speak the sentence.

When you quit the program, it will use the voice you used/selected when it later reads or sings a song (hopefully).
I think that eddie was from one of the L&H TTS voices last used or perhaps as a sample voice to demonstrate the Balabolka program.

Maybe you could substitute your favorite TTS voice in its place and try that.

Hope this helps...
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2021, 12:45:09 pm »
thanks for writing back.  I ACTUALLY CHECKED OUT THE WHOLE POST OF THE DEVELOPMENT OF THE SINGING UHP  AND FINALLY AFTER TRYING DIFFERENT VOICES IN BALABOKA AND SEEING IT MENTIONED ABOUT USING "TRUE VOICE " I SAW THE EDDIE VOICE AND USED IT ANd HIT READ AND IT DID START SINGING ALTHOUGH A BIT MECHANICAL SOUNDING .   IT WAS A NEAT ACHIEVEMENT , but sadly not actually what i had been after  when i wanted a singing voice for hal .   wrong rabbit hole . but upon reflection, i think i realized how to have hal sing and be lip sinced  to the song .