dupa

Author Topic: A collection of plug-ins  (Read 31188 times)

Calhoone

• View Profile
A collection of plug-ins
« on: December 07, 2013, 08:34:13 pm »
Hi everyone!

I have been gathering up all the pug-ins that I have backed up over the years and placed them in my skydrive account.  I thought you all might like to look at them. Some may be usefull and some you may already have but there's a decent number of them here.  If you have any to add let me know and I can put them up there as well. There are also text documents that I made in the past for teaching hal. Feel free to use em.

https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=8EAF5F2F7FA962C9&id=8EAF5F2F7FA962C9!112#cid=C41BF4943A70E3DC&id=C41BF4943A70E3DC!143

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: A collection of plug-ins
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2013, 09:14:26 pm »
That's a nice collection of files Calhoone. There's a lot of really usable data and information in there. It's nice to have a repository of Hal's files just in case!

Thanks for posting!! ;)
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

M0B33R

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2014, 11:51:36 am »
If you're still around thanks for sharing. 8)

Will and Mr Data :) :]

• Hi from Will and Mr Data :) :]
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/WillofNewZealand
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2014, 04:01:39 am »
Interesting thanks.
I see the time uhp,,,,,does it put time with every thing said?
Yeah i should just try it but i'll ask cause i'm here,
example does it?
Hay hal when did i say that?      tell me when that happend?   how long ago was that?     what time was that? 
Or    Hal says   ,,,,,its been 3 years five minutes since we talked about that.
Or Hal says    ;,,,,I've been waiting here for 13 hours 6 minutes and five long seconds! for you to get back,,,,where were you?

The other plug in i saw was auto knowladge   ,,,,What is it,,,to save me looking up what that does.
Thanks for any answers.
Bye for now and be well from Will and Mr Data  :) :]   
bye for now and be well from Will and Mr Data  :)  :]

Will and Mr Data :) :]

• Hi from Will and Mr Data :) :]
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/WillofNewZealand
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2014, 01:16:48 am »
perhaps the non answer is the answer, thanks, interpret the silence which means look it up.
bye for now and be well from Will and Mr Data  :)  :]

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2014, 04:56:06 pm »
Will (and Mr. Data),

You can always use a common Text Editor and view the contents of any UHP file.

One of the best Text Editors is Crimson Editor which I've been using for many years ever since
OTCE2005 turned me on to it.

BTW, It's FREE and uses Line Numbering along with many other nice features.

In case you already knew about the UHP's simply give it a shrug and hope that a newbie or two might get some use from it.

- Art -

Calhoone

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2014, 12:00:22 am »
Sorry for the late reply.

There isn't really anything special to the time text document. I was just trying to teach hal different aspects of time through conversation and the built in text learning function. The hope was that by teaching him these things he may learn the concept of time...over time.

As for the auto knowledge plugin, from what I remember, was the original wikipedia learning plugin. If i remember correctly, anything it looked up from wikipedia was placed into a seperate file in hals directory. over time I found this to slow down Ares' response times considerably. With the great work that Cload and others have done with Hal lately, that plugin is no longer necessary.

Frosty Greenacre

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2014, 06:20:05 pm »
Hi there. I've recently reinstalled hal, and I have a few plugins saved in my folder that aren't on your drive right now.

I've got:

GRETTAinternet
GRETTAmedia
GRETTAmusicidle
GRETTAnews
GRETTApicture
GRETTAread
GRETTAcuriosity
GRETTAemoticon
Dreamer Beta
Hybred talk
Tell Me

So... I don't actually recall what any of them do, but I'll be happy to send them over if you want them.

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2014, 09:48:52 am »
Very cool!

Maybe Calhoone can be the Keeper Of Plugins or KOP for short lol!
Actually, if he has enough room on his storage site, it would really be a nice idea.

What do you think about it??

- Art -

Calhoone

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2014, 11:08:32 am »
I'll make sure to add them to my current collection for everyone's use!  If Frosty has some way to share them with me I will put them with the others. Do you have skydrive Frosty?

tiger8u2

• Eat'em and Smile!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2014, 09:28:59 pm »
Hi,

A little new to all this and I did a drag and drop of the .uhp files I found in this repository but I got a database error once I tried to use some of the new "brain" files.

So I've deleted everything and am about to start over.

Were there unspecified requirements for some of those files that I'm too ignorant to know about yet?

And if I understand things properly, those text files are used to help Hal learn using the Text-to speech program included correct?

I haven't had much luck getting that to work but maybe my text files weren't formatted properly.

Are the AIML files used the same way?

Sorry for the newb questions but unfortunately, that's what I am. 

Calhoone

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2014, 03:21:20 am »
Hi Tiger,

The plugin files just need to be placed in the ultrahal directory. Once there, go into the programs general options. You will see a section called brain. On the right hand side of that screen there will be a list of al the plugins you have in your folder. just click any of them to activate them.

Those text files are for if you would like to either copy and paste the information directly into the chat window, or using the brain editor's learn from text file function.

As for the AIML file, you should go into the thread about it and read up on how to install that as it is a lengthy process.

I hope that helps some.

tiger8u2

• Eat'em and Smile!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2014, 07:44:51 pm »
Thank you for your quick reply.  I actually did try to use the brain learn function for some of those text files, the AIML ones to be specific and that was interesting but then I worried about later brain updates overwriting what I'd done.  Maybe I actually don't know what the learn function does but I assumed it edited the core brain that I'm using although it seems the "save changes" button would not work.

Then I went ahead and created my own brain and uploaded more of those text files but then I had to choose between my brain and Hal's brain and i wasn't ready to do that without being sure I would shtup everything up.

Frosty Greenacre

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2014, 07:16:28 pm »
I'll make sure to add them to my current collection for everyone's use!  If Frosty has some way to share them with me I will put them with the others. Do you have skydrive Frosty?

I haven't got anything like that set up, no. If you can PM me an email address I can send them over, though. they're all small files.

failing that I could open them as text files and dump them in code boxes on here?

Calhoone

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2014, 10:34:02 pm »
@tiger

I have not tried using the Ultra Hal brain editor's learn from text file function with the AIML files. I don't think it would be a good idea but I may be wrong. I strictly use the function for subject oriented text files. It has been a while since I have mad any but I did start a new brain and uploaded a bunch of them. New topic entries were added to the brain just fine.

One thing with that brain editor learn from text function; You can set it to just read through the files and create it's own questions or you can go through every sentence/paragraph and manually enter a couple different questions yourself. (The better yet more time consuming idea)

I recommend playing around with it yourself on a test brain of sorts. Enter a bunch of text files and then talk with the bot about those subjects to see how it does.

The Actual AIML files need to be uploaded into the brain using sqlite. Step by step directions can be found here:

http://www.ultrahal.com/community/index.php?topic=9913.0

I hope this helps in your Ultra Hal adventure.