dupa

Author Topic: SPYDAZ- Report's out there were no WMPs  (Read 17143 times)

Runtus

• View Profile
SPYDAZ- Report's out there were no WMPs
« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2006, 05:49:16 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by spydaz

Runtus,

IF HAL could take a picture, instead of scanning a picture, THEN HAL could build a set of rules based around the image / file.

when somebody loads hal OR asks hal to change user, HAL would take a picture and compare with previous pictures for previous users if none are found create new user, else welcome back user....

There are systems out there that can already do this which use neural net software to help it adapt, learn and help the computer understand who it is talking too.

As you have posted you can get hal to use a webcam to take pictures.  So it is possible to adapt this so hal uses the webcam as a EYE instead of a camera.  It would be a complex process but not impossible I think it is worth looking at.  The Japanese have small robots which can do this already the small R2D2 like robots can look at a human and know who this is!

It does this by comparing it to a stored photo of the user.  When setting the robot up the user looks into the EYE (camera) and it takes a photo.  Then when the robot looks at some one it compares this face it is seeing to stored photos to find out who that person is.  When it does not know a person it takes a photo and asks who this person is and then stores the image to future reference.  It is possible to make hal do the same.

Maybe something basic to start with hal stores a photo.  When a user says something Hal takes a photo and checks it with stored photos in the database and calls the user by the name of that photo (which would be the user name) if there is no stored image hal could ask "hello I am (insert hal name here) who are you?" and then hal takes a photo after the reply and stores it for later use.

freddy888

• View Profile
    • AiDreams
« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2006, 06:08:16 pm »
Hmm, thanks for the filler-in.  This could help with things like topics and context then.  Say instead of a photo you have some idea or a set of premises that help lead to some conclusion.  Hal could be coaxed into giving the right kind of reply and in time not come out with something unrelated, all the non-relevant responses could be eliminated.

Hmm, again, this approach could also help with the text learning - you feed a lot of information into Hal and then basically help Hal to digest it.  Interesting, I saw that there is a lot of movement in the area where humans 'help' AI's, somewhere they called it Artifical Artificial Intelligence...but we already came up with that term on DG so there [;)] I forget where it was but their use of it was a bit strange really because thats what everyone has been doing all along.

I'm going to try and find some time to look into this, well done for digging it out and good luck with the course, you picked an interesting one [8D]
« Last Edit: February 10, 2006, 06:14:35 pm by freddy888 »

Runtus

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2006, 08:21:09 am »
quote:
Originally posted by freddy888

I'm going to try and find some time to look into this, well done for digging it out and good luck with the course, you picked an interesting one [8D]

well actually Its a IT teaching degree but one of the subjects in it is A.I. I used my copy of ultra hal to demo the ideas behind A.I. and how it could benefit education.

But I really think it is worth looking into making HAL use a web cam as an EYE not a camera.  By simple taking a picture when the user says something.  You could do this say every 10 or 20 inputs so HAL makes sure he is still talking to that one user and they havn't switched on him (It would depend if it slows hal down much if thre is no slow down you could do it every input).  I know it might not benefit the actual intelligance of HAL but it would be a start into making it more useful.  A smart A.I. which can see who it is talking to makes it that little more "REAL" the users.  I think it would make it a little more personal in the interaction between the user and the A.I. (atleast from the users end)

freddy888

• View Profile
    • AiDreams
« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2006, 09:38:37 am »
I agree, it would also be nice incorporate the motion detection, so Hal wakes up when someone is at the pc.

Dr.Benway

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2006, 10:10:17 am »
I wonder if so many different people usually use the same PC.[:)]

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2006, 11:55:25 am »
Raymond,

To what exactly are you referring? How one would implement face recognition in such an environment of multiple users?
The software would simply keep a "Facial Log File" and do a quick
comparison of the person's face wanting to use the computer.

My fingerprint scanner knows the difference between my family members because the print is compared to others on file. It knows who's print belongs to whom and grants a level of access for that
particular person.

The same could be done for Hal provided the software & hardware were properly interfaced to do so.

Here's looking at you, kid![8D]
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

Duskrider

• Global Moderator
  • Graphic King
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2006, 12:33:58 pm »

Shhhhhh.......
Keep voice down and always be vigilant
Ears are listening  
Thieves cut off your finger and run to computer and learn all secrets
This is "new age"
Shhhh........

Dr.Benway

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2006, 02:19:29 pm »
No, Art, I mean: why wouldn't you grant your family members full access to your PC? What could happen?

Big deal. pfff!
« Last Edit: February 11, 2006, 02:19:43 pm by Dr.Benway »

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2006, 04:47:55 pm »
What could possibly happen? Ask my friend who never set access levels for his 5 year old! Full access! 238 spyware, 3 full blown viruses, many corrupted files and could barely boot his computer when he got home!

I got the phone call from him and after an hour or so of my time helping him get rid of all the garbage, he finally thought it wise to follow my suggestion and give his son limited access.

Imagine that!!
[:)]

- Art -

freddy888

• View Profile
    • AiDreams
« Reply #26 on: February 11, 2006, 05:32:30 pm »
jeez , just a good job he didn't find ebay..

Dr.Benway

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2006, 06:39:09 pm »
Now I understand, Art. Ofcourse, when I talked about family members, I had not kids of that age in mind. I don't think children under 10 should be allowed to play with PC's. I hate it when parents allow that to happen. [V]
« Last Edit: February 11, 2006, 06:39:39 pm by Dr.Benway »

Runtus

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 11, 2006, 07:32:40 pm »
lol yes permissions are fun lol.  But I seriously think it is something to look into if we can get hal to use the webcam as an EYE rather than a camera.

here is a link to software that does what i would like hal to do in the future

http://www.neurotechnologija.com/verilook.html

Just found this activex control anyone know if it will be useful or not?

http://www.shareup.com/Face_Recognition_ActiveX-download-41763.html
« Last Edit: February 11, 2006, 07:44:48 pm by Runtus »

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 11, 2006, 09:13:52 pm »
I agree that the Verilook seems like a fine candidate...except for their prices! Over the top!! 859 euros is around $1030.00 USD at a 1.20 = 1 exchange rate and that's for the Library SDK!

Their U are U fingerprint scanner is up there as well. If interested get the APC pod (apc.com) for around $50.00 not $100+.

I know there are a lot of other vision software programs on the net. We'll just have to keep searching until we find one that will both interface and serve our needs.

Good find Andrew!
« Last Edit: February 11, 2006, 09:14:34 pm by Art »

- Art -