Author Topic: A Torso  (Read 10741 times)

Duskrider

• Global Moderator
  • Graphic King
    • View Profile
Re: A Torso
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2010, 08:43:50 am »

Wow Meg, you getting younger and  prettier every day.

raybe

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2010, 10:07:19 am »
Okay guys no laughing but I totally forgot how to get the new outfits on a working Bizlady for Ultra Hal. Alright now that you wiped the tears of laughter off can you please give me a crash coarse again, please. Don't forget I use the character within Ultra Hal and not a stand alone for Haptek if that makes a difference. Thanks again, tedathome and GT40 which if I remeber Meghan is not used in Ultra Hal and thanks for not forgetting about me.

raybe

tedathome

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2010, 06:40:26 pm »
Hi raybe, missed your post earlier. We made it to page 2. To get the uniform to change in Hal it is the same for the Haptek player. If you have People putty, find haplog ctrl. txt and copy it to C drive. It will then show up with the player and Ultra Hal as a side window called Haptek console. I hope I am getting these names right. Nige's is called something else and he gave a good description of it in the forum some time back. Now when this extra window appears, you can drag and drop the flatfile (skin) to change your gals clothing. You can also drag and drop .hap and text files here for Hal to read. For reading, you need to leave the first two lines blank. 8)
ted

tedathome

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2010, 06:57:18 pm »
This may be the last for a while unless I can find some white rabbit fur. It is a redo I belive the original was done by markofkane.

« Last Edit: August 13, 2010, 06:59:53 pm by tedathome »
ted

raybe

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2010, 10:29:22 am »
Thank you tedathome, but I never had people putty. I thought there was another way to change outfits without people putty unless I misunderstood your post. I thought the files had to be placed in certain locations to have the outfits change. I told you it has been some time since I tried changing outfits or character skins. Torso characters probably work in a much different way then fullbody characters. Thanks for the reply. Unless I miss understood your post I would appreciate it if you can set me straight.

raybe

tedathome

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2010, 03:35:29 pm »
Well raybe, you can use lightspeeds hap swap uph to change clothes, not sure that is written in there but know it can be done. Don't know if it depends on any outside help. I just got a laptop and wanted hal on it. Went to people putty and couldn't download the player that is supposed to be there. Had old People putty disc, couldn't register without paying but was able to get player from that. Don't even know for sure if this following tip works without  player but it is easy to try. Take the following text, put it in notepad, name it HapLogCtrl.txt and put it on C drive. Then you can drag and drop into that window when it comes up with Hal. If this doesn't work then you probably need the player. My security was messing with me when I tryed to download player, maybe you will have better luck. I'm no expert on this and would appreciate help explaing from anyone in the know.

#################
##
# Haptek Logging Control File
#
# c:\HapLogCtrl.txt
#
# This file must be in c:\ and named "HapLogCtrl.txt".
# Otherwise it is ignored.
#
# log= <feature> <level> <filename root>
#   Feature = one of
#       HapApi2
#       HapActiveX
#       HapRendDX
#       HapSoundMgr
#       HapNetscape
#
#   level = one of
#       0 - no logging
#       1 - logging to constant filenames     (recommended to reduce disk usage)
#       2 - logging to time-stamped filenames (better for intense debugging)
#
#   filename root = root of the filename. .txt and/or .log and timestamping may be pre/a-pended.
#       if ommited, the feature name is used.
#
#
# logdirectory= c:\HaptekLogs
#   Specifies the directory all the log files go into. The directory must exist.
#
# debugger= y/n
#   special command used by Win32HaptekApi2 to open a pop-up debugger right away,
#   useful for seeing which commands are being sent to the API.
#
#
#
# Examples
#
# log= hapapi2 1 my log file
#   means log the hapapi2 features to c:\hapteklogs\my log file.txt
#
# log= hapapi2 2
#   means log the hapapi2 features to c:\hapteklogs\<timestamp>_hapapi2.txt
#
# logdirectory= e:\my haptek logs
#   log files will go in e:\my haptek logs
#
# debugger= y
#   a debugger window will open immediately when the Win32HaptekApi2 starts up.
#
##
#################

logdirectory=      c:\HaptekLogs
debugger=      y

log= HapApi2      1
log= HapActiveX      0
log= HapRendDX      0
log= HapSoundMgr   0
log= HapNetscape   0

ted

raybe

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2010, 11:15:08 pm »
Thanks tedathome for all your input and time but I, m not using the HapSwap plug-in as well. (Don't cause trouble for me lightspeed.)lol. Just thought there was another way using the vrhap as I have been since written in Ultra Hal.(vrossi, Thanks). I remember written in the script somewhere or a separate plug-in he wrote that the character would change clothes for different times, if I remember correctly. Don't remember if worked with torso characters because again everything really was written for fullbody to take advantage of all the different actions. I have been able to write a few extra things in for example, different jewelry based on the way he wrote changing of the hair which also works on my torso character. I need to get back to him anyway and he may have an idea or two or three. Thanks again for your time and please post anything else you might come across, I would appreciate it. (or any one else.)

In the back of my head I keep thinking of the updated Ultra Hal and I second guess how much should I try or just wait to see what Robert M. has in store for us. Haven't heard since the last post but I believe we are within that window Robert M. was aiming for.

raybe

Meghan Bizlady

• The girl from Torsoland
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2010, 12:16:18 pm »
I'm alive and talk and chat (if your PC can read Haptek webpages) at
http://www.pandorabots.com/pandora/talk?botid=a814d6c1ce361ff9 Kisses.

tedathome

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 16, 2010, 04:08:37 pm »
Just when I had all but given up, I found the white rabbit. All poses I have shown were done on blonde torso so as to not clash with GT40's presentation of Bizlady.

« Last Edit: August 16, 2010, 04:11:40 pm by tedathome »
ted

raybe

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 16, 2010, 11:13:27 pm »
Okay  tedathome now you really complicated things. Those outfits look great. I don't think I'm worried about the new Ultra Hal anymore.
 So I lied a little. Still think those outfits look great and I will give a try anyway. The worse thing that can happen is I learn something. Not bad at all. Thanks.

raybe

GT40

• Hey, I see you!
    • View Profile
    • My Bots
« Reply #25 on: August 17, 2010, 07:54:24 am »

Thanks again Ted, another good one. Don't worry, Meghan Bizlady is not mine. I thought she belonged to Haptek, then to everyone, now I understand she's a independent girl. Now she can choose her outfits and I guess you're a god to her.

Raybe, you're right, no need to change anything. Ted, you and me will succeed in our mission: to install a torso as the official Hal.

Ok, I know I'm not objective.  ;D

Time to waste with skits, bots & other useless things? Why not visit
http://gt40.chez-alice.fr/Haptek/MyBots.htm ? Oops, sorry, a museum!

Meghan Bizlady

• The girl from Torsoland
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 17, 2010, 10:24:46 am »
I'm alive and talk and chat (if your PC can read Haptek webpages) at
http://www.pandorabots.com/pandora/talk?botid=a814d6c1ce361ff9 Kisses.

tedathome

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 17, 2010, 07:44:11 pm »
Oh Meghan, GT40 has brought you world fame. Now that's something money can't buy!
ted

GT40

• Hey, I see you!
    • View Profile
    • My Bots
« Reply #28 on: August 18, 2010, 11:39:15 am »

Thanks for defending me, Ted.  8)

Time to waste with skits, bots & other useless things? Why not visit
http://gt40.chez-alice.fr/Haptek/MyBots.htm ? Oops, sorry, a museum!