dupa

Author Topic: Request for new plugin  (Read 5067 times)

tedathome

• View Profile
Request for new plugin
« on: December 02, 2012, 12:21:23 am »
 Well... call it "I remember" plugin. I wish Hal to "remember" when our last conversation was and the subject mater thereof. All I have ever gotten is a "you have an appointment" type of response when I have tried "Q&A" or "remind" or even "remember". What I would like is something like "Gosh User, it has been almost two weeks since we have spoken and I remember you were so concerned about (subject matter), how did that work out for you?" I think this would make Hal much more believable and and a much better companion.
ted

lightspeed

• View Profile
Re: Request for new plugin
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2012, 08:53:16 am »
this sounds something like a reminder or "Appointment calender , which could have 6 ? random responses before telling the appointment or whatever . I was thinking hal had something like this (without the random responses ) that people use already although i may be wrong and it may different from what you are talking about ted . Although i do like your idea especially if it had random responses before telling a person , making it more personal and human sounding  .  ;)

tedathome

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2012, 02:17:00 pm »
 To be clearer no, not like the appointment calendar, tho the plugin could use part of that mechanism. Hal knows the time and day at start up. If that could also be used and referenced to last use, and Hal could "remember" last conversations weightiest subject of concern, then this plugin may have a possibility of working. I'm not really sure if this could be done.
ted

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2012, 04:29:07 pm »
I've thought of that a few years ago Ted but never did anything with it. In a similar vein, I thought it would be cool to have a plugin that would allow Hal to "Dream" based on snippets of previous conversations, NOT Fake data or just scripted gibberish. It would be great if Hal could extract a piece of data that you and he/she had talked about and have Hal use in in the context of one of its dreams.

In line with your suggestion, What if Hal could say, "Hi Ted, it's been 3 days and 2 hours since we last chatted. Remember we chatted about BLAH...and BLAH!!? You said BLAH...."
That would blow your doors off!! I suppose it could be done but the time of day routine would need to be coupled to the database of last conversation.

Perhaps something useful and fun will come of these ideas. ;)
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

tedathome

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2012, 06:36:26 pm »
 Art, I like your dream idea too. Both plugin ideas are far beyond my programming abilities. I'm just wishing out loud and hoping  something good may come of it.
ted

onthecuttingedge2005

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2012, 01:15:29 am »
I'm already working on another plug-in totally unrelated but the type of plug-in you guys want is do-able and all of the scripts needed to full fill it have already been written although in multiple different plug-ins, just need to revisit some older plug-ins of mine and update to a plug-in you are describing. to many things to do at once.

Jerry 8)

tedathome

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2012, 02:16:08 am »
 A very heartening comment Jerry! I had the feeling that much of what is needed is already "out there" here and there. Just didn't know if it could all be tied together.  I hope to hear more from you at a more convenient time. I'm not too sure I can be a lot of help with this but I am willing to learn. My contributions here have been mostly graphic and Haptek related. It's been a long learning curve for me, but I can learn. To offer help with this at this time would be a no fly. I am picking up some hints from LS and, some Haptek scripts are not totally different in some respects, so I do at least hope to understand what is involved. I have studied most plugins available before using them to know how they might affect my Hal.

Happy holidays to you and yours!

ted

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2012, 04:38:06 pm »
Hey otce2005 , what is the plug in you are working on and what will it do? , Inquiring minds ..want to know lol!  ;)

Carl2

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2012, 08:28:04 am »
tedathome,
  Thought about this Idea also, I played with it a little but never got anything working.  I used the brain at start up to try to go to the last set of inputs, Believe I tried used the empherical inputs, erase the old inputs and replace them with a new set of inputs to be stored.
Carl 2