dupa

Author Topic: Trinity K.I.T.T. orb work in progress  (Read 10936 times)

sybershot

• View Profile
Trinity K.I.T.T. orb work in progress
« on: December 23, 2011, 03:11:26 am »
Dang youtube split the video into 2, you will see what I mean when you watch it  >:(

I been coding this for some time just to get the sound spectrum just right. I am finally happy with it. Now to work on the graphics.
 I would like to have this as a  Hal character but atm I don't have the know how on how to incorporate Hal within Flash :(  Maybe if I don't figure it out I might hire some one to do the job.
Please let me know what you think, any suggestions, and or criticism is more than welcome.

http://www.youtube.com/user/SyberShotStudios?feature=mhee#p/u/0/TPrVQsoi3o8

Meghan Bizlady

• The girl from Torsoland
    • View Profile
Re: Trinity K.I.T.T. orb work in progress
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2011, 10:33:16 am »

Nobody knows if Amy will be able to sing before 2014.

But no problem Sybershot, your Trinity has a fantastic voice.  8) 8) 8)

I'm alive and talk and chat (if your PC can read Haptek webpages) at
http://www.pandorabots.com/pandora/talk?botid=a814d6c1ce361ff9 Kisses.

markofkane

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
    • http://www.soundspectrum.com
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2011, 11:12:54 am »
Good song. The graphic kinda reminds me of G-Force's visualization. ;)
Mark: I'll think about it
Laura: Don't think about it too long or I'll throw you out on your ***king a**.
"Political correctness is censorship"

tedathome

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2011, 12:06:40 pm »
Great! Very enjoyable.
ted

sybershot

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2011, 05:21:22 pm »
Nobody knows if Amy will be able to sing before 2014.

But no problem Sybershot, your Trinity has a fantastic voice.  8) 8) 8)
Tech is seeming to pick up a lil pace so you never know :) The song was song by Madonna
Thanks, just wishing it will work with Haptek characters soon. And I will be very unhappy if it does not work with Amy, once she arrives.

Good song. The graphic kinda reminds me of G-Force's visualization. ;)
Thanks, I could easily change the purple and pink to any colors even  dark green and bright green.
Great! Very enjoyable.
Thanks glad you enjoyed it:)

raybe

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2011, 10:21:53 am »
sybershot, I'm very interested in your new K.i.t.t. orb. Did you have a date of when it might become available? I took a break from characters right now to form a totally computer program personality and still retain my original character as well. I was looking for something that simulated audio wave forms or similar to how the Kitt voice box looked or a straight orb as someone did to emulate 2001 HAL. Just don't remember what site it is posted. Was wondering  if yours is also similar but no pink for me. Red, Blue, Green, white with transparent background. I appreciate it. Thanks for your time.

If anyone has ideas I would also appreciate it.

Thanks,
raybe

sybershot

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2011, 12:21:30 pm »
raybe, thanks for the interest in my new project (K.I.T.T. orb) :)
sybershot, I'm very interested in your new K.i.t.t. orb. Did you have a date of when it might become available?
I'm hoping in about a week if all goes well.
I took a break from characters right now to form a totally computer program personality and still retain my original character as well. I was looking for something that simulated audio wave forms or similar to how the Kitt voice box looked or a straight orb as someone did to emulate 2001 HAL. Just don't remember what site it is posted. Was wondering  if yours is also similar but no pink for me. Red, Blue, Green, white with transparent background. I appreciate it. Thanks for your time.
Sounds like your in design mode :) Hope it all goes smooth for you. I'm interested to hear more about what your plans are, if there not secret :D
   As for my Avatar atm
1: it opens in a browser window
2: the colors can be changed to any color combination as stated earlier via XML text document
3: The sound spectrum analyzer (that simulated audio wave forms) is activated by a mp3 within the same folder.
   when complete
1: it will install in windows, possible android and ios
2: it will open like any other program and within it's own window
   future plans
1:  The sound spectrum analyzer will  activate by system sound card output

sybershot

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2012, 07:07:11 pm »
I Just wanted to give you all an update on how my Trinity avatar is coming out. I made a few adjustments as you will see in the video, please let me know what you all think. Any suggestions and or criticism are more than welcome.
http://www.youtube.com/user/SyberShotStudios?feature=mhee#p/u/0/QSUGfLeUrwc

raybe

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2012, 11:50:41 am »
sybershot, Just my opinion and I really don't know if there are many options yet. These are just my suggestions: The representation of the voice output should be completely around the Orb, I think a wave form or multiple wave forms should be used. The color of the Orb vibrant but not to much where you can't tell the wave forms begin and end. Maybe a light space of black between wave forms and transparent color of the Orb. I like the design on the Orb and again maybe around that design you can stop and start the wave forms again. Since it is transparent I think a small interruption around a signature design wouldn't effect the illusion. Partial to those types of blue colors and if possible some reflection or shading from the darkest blue to a lighter blue used in your 2012 GUI for Ultra Hal. I'm just partial to blue and black themes. No matter what the color scheme even darkest green would look good. Just a matter of taste. But looking really good in operating.

raybe

sybershot

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2012, 04:05:16 pm »
Thanks for the opinions, I will try an incorporate some of them in the design, although they might have to be available via updates of the program. Yes you herd correctly the program will most likely be upgradeable. I have not yet tested this available feature out yet.
   I have been mainly working on the design of the mp3 player part and also deciding which way to go to get mp3 into the player. for example: (1) should I make where a person modifies a xml list of there mp3's name artist and location along with a picture representation of the song, example (2) or should I make it a single mp3 player where the user has to drag and drop the mp3 to be played every time they want to hear a certain mp3.
   also with the feature part how many features should I add like should I have certain controls live volume, fancy scrolling text of the artists name and song title or should I keep it static.
   all these and much more are being planned out in the design process of the mp3 player it part end of it atm. New Ideas pop in and out of my head every day it is like an overload of Ideas atm slowing down the process.

Just my opinion and I really don't know if there are many options yet. These are just my suggestions: The representation of the voice output should be completely around the Orb
I welcome everyone's opinions and suggestions it helps make a better product.  I have had the single line sound wave analizer go copletely around but the two ends of the line once connected did not match up with each other. and showed a break instead of a seamless line. I did overcome this by creating a second line and flipping it horizontally but that slowed the animation down a lot and representation of sound was of key.

raybe

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2012, 02:26:14 pm »
Not that it is the most important but that was the reason I thought you can end the waveforms at the design of the back of the Orb. I agree about the information and a Orb such as yours can get crowed with info although a nice feature. But I guess you can make larger or format it in a way that it just doesn't turn into a clutter Orb. It would be nice if the music files can be accessed from at least one source instead of doubling the information. As an example 2 different libraries. There also might be other measurements of the music spectrum you can look into such as an X,Y stereo pattern, similar to what may still be used in some recording studios for stereo balance. Just putting ideas out there. Don't want to complicate your life. I'm sure you will figure it out.

raybe

sybershot

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2012, 05:36:45 pm »
Thank you very much for the conversation and your input.
  I sorry it is taking a while longer to complete than I thought, but I keep trying different designs for the mp3 player. I am not satisfied with any of them for they seem to clash with the orb. I might in a day or two release a non upgradeable version 1 with 360 degrees of rotation via mouse drag but, no audio controls like play, stop, pause, volume etc.  also have a xml file to change the colors of the 2 spectrum analyzers to go with it.

It would be nice if the music files can be accessed from at least one source instead of doubling the information. As an example 2 different libraries.
version 1 will you will have to place and rename what ever mp3 you want it to use and place it into the main programs folder. But the next version after that will use your current library. for example c://user//music//mp3's//Joan Jett//I love Rock and Roll 

There also might be other measurements of the music spectrum you can look into such as an X,Y stereo pattern, similar to what may still be used in some recording studios for stereo balance.
the sound class in as3 accesses only the volume, left and right sound channels as far as I know.

what do you think of a design similar to this image below to be used on each end of the sound-wave, but with one side of the images circuity removed to be used for spectrum analyzer start point?

raybe

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2012, 02:00:09 pm »
Nice. but I thought you had an emblem on the Orb already. I didn't really analyze it but I thought maybe it was your product identity marking. If not the circuit layout looks good too. I have been a musician for a long time and our biggest problem was knowing when to stop making changes. Walk away give it to some credible people you trust and get additional feedback. We would spend countless amount of money making small changes and without a producer, the third wheel you can spend weeks spinning them wheels trying to make it better. But as you know art is never complete. So give some time to function as well.
My opinion!!

raybe

sybershot

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2012, 07:27:53 pm »
Thanks raybe for the advice, being an artist since I was 5 maybe even earlier I encountered being in a designers block a few times. I eventually pull through and all ends up fairly well. I tried becoming a musician in my teen years but that did not last long. for about 8 months I was lead guitarist and lead vocals for a band called "Gumbie" but that's another story :)

Nice. but I thought you had an emblem on the Orb already.
I do, and those are staying, I was asking if I should add a simular emblem to each end of the line wave analyzer

sybershot

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2012, 07:29:37 pm »
Finally my Orb Mp3 Player version 1 is ready for a beta release :)

you can can download it from my skydrive account which is here https://skydrive.live.com/#cid=6D3AAB0EA08C7052&id=6D3AAB0EA08C7052!103

introductions are as followed
1) download OrbMp3Player.air from my Skydrive account
2) double click on OrbMp3Player.air installer, if you don't have have adobe air you should be notified and a link should appear where you can install it. if not the link is http://get.adobe.com/air/
3) you will be warned that the program is not verified click on install, it cost about 500 bucks to get a verification through verisign.
4) notice the path to where the program is installed, for you will have to go there and open the main folder after the install.
5) once the install is complete go to the main folder and right click on Colors.xml and choose to open it in note pad.
6) thee you will see 5 different areas where you can change the colors of different parts of the program, and a place for the path of the mp3 to be played.
7) to change a color you will see a Date tag with in that tag you will see item tag in between item tags you will see the color tag, that is the part you change for a different color. Note the color code needs the 0x before the 6 digit color code.
8) the mp3 name has to be named Trinity.mp3, any other name will not be recognized.
9) save the mp3, note if you get error after selecting save, click save as and save it to your desktop, then drag and drop it into the main folder, select overwrite existing file.
10) click on the desktop icon and you colors will be shown and you mp3 should play automatically.
11) click and drag your mouse to rotate and position the orb and enjoy.

if you encounter any problems please let know