Author Topic: Character generation tools  (Read 617 times)

Y2kdancr

• View Profile
Character generation tools
« on: September 10, 2023, 05:03:19 am »
Hello All,

I have use ACE in the past to make MSAgent characters. It has been years since I did this. The graphics program (long Gone and name forgot) I used allowed me to save screen caps in BMP 256 bitmap. In addition the 256 bit color palette of each capture matched. Thus when they were placed into ACE there were no issues. With todays programs (Coral Paint) (AVS video editor), I capture the frame, edit and save to GIF 256 bitmap (program will not allow me to save to BMP 256 bitmap). When I import the frames into ACE the palette for each frame is different and thus the character is all messed up.

I purchased people putty years ago, can't find my license key and the website to purchase again seems to be down. But if memory serves me right it really is no help in building your own character from a video file.

Now retired with plenty of time on my hands, I would like to update/add to the my character. Unfortunately, I have not found a way to overcome the palette concern.

Just wondering if the group is aware of any newer tools that can be used to take screencaps from a video and use these to make an ACS or HTR file much like what was previously done with ACE.

Thanks for reading an any feed back!