dupa

Author Topic: Windows 7 & Haptek  (Read 11917 times)

NIGE

• Bringing things to life
    • View Profile
Windows 7 & Haptek
« on: November 20, 2009, 03:29:36 am »
I have just up-dated to Windows 7.
Nearly all my programs work ok except for Haptek.
Heads operate not too bad but a bit slow & jerky.
Full bodies no hope????
It seems that win 7 forces all programs to use all cpu's where as i think xp didn't???
I can run full bodies if I go to the task manager & set it to use only 1 cpu,  but you have to do it everytime you run the program.

Now Haptek:::::
I loaded people putty & it seems to work ok but I can't save anything because I can't un-lock it???
What do you do???   You write to the brains???   HAPTEK.
You tell them that you can't un-lock the program & here is the reply that you get.
Hi Neil,
We've not complied the product for widows 7 but I'll check with our CEO to see if this is in our schedule.
Thanks,
Jack.
I was left speechless!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

spydaz

• View Profile
    • http://www.spydazweb.co.uk/
Windows 7 & Haptek
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2009, 04:45:00 am »
I activated my people putty on XPMODE - Virtual PC .

So now if i want to work on people putty then i open xpmode....

PS: this way i can re-install my main machine multiple times.... and always reconnect my VHD. to a new machine.... works fine.... in virtual pc 2009 / 2007. and the system ID stays the same too.. so vhds are transferable. to friends

Carl2

• View Profile
Windows 7 & Haptek
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2009, 09:38:59 am »
I got a computer with Vista 64, changed it to Vista 32 to get Dragon to work, I have to have dragon to use with Hal. I and a few others had problems with Haptek in vista.  Now I have win 7 64 in two computers and want to get dragon going frist.  Really gotten use to Haptek fullbody characters but Haptek isn't up to speed, Robert ran into problems changing graphics which seems to leave MS agents or XP.
  In the past I used a dual boot with both XP and vista. Now if I use XP 32 as a second boot I'll lose half my memory since 32 bit limits memory to about 3G.
 Haptek is not supporting Vista and I'm pretty sure Win 7 is aways off for them.
Carl2

freddy888

• View Profile
    • AiDreams
Windows 7 & Haptek
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2009, 10:29:28 am »
Well if Haptek doesn't even support Vista, then frankly they have signed their own death warrant.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2009, 11:20:35 am by freddy888 »

spydaz

• View Profile
    • http://www.spydazweb.co.uk/
Windows 7 & Haptek
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2009, 11:44:33 am »
If you have purchased Haptek people putty, you can send JACK your serial code, and he will send you and activation code. this will work after you give him you NEW system ID.....

type in the activation code and press unlock!...

I had major problems with this!... i solved it by activating People putty on a VirtualXP...on a virtual pc... now i can carry that VHD anywhere and it always activates!.... no loads of friends also have it! lol... NOT CRACKED but Shared!

snowman

• Ai + Feelings + Supercompter = End of World
    • View Profile
    • http://www.MinervaAi.com
Windows 7 & Haptek
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2009, 02:07:41 pm »
I installed UltraHal and PeoplePutty about two months ago.(on Window 7). I haven't had any problems at all with there operations. I tested everything.

Although I haven't installed the latest version of Hal; The one that modified which core to use. So Im still using the previous update.

I installed Windows 7 Ultimate x86 32bit on my PC.

My PC has an Intel Core 2 duo E8400 @ 3.00Gz 3.00Gz,
2 Gigs of Ram, NVIDIA GeForce8600 GT with 1Gig memory,
1200 Gig harddrive memory, and some cool looking fans [:)].

The only problem I've been having with Haptek is with the Haptek ActiveX component. Whenever I used it in Visual Studio 2008 it seemed to be difficult to re-size. I also noticed when using Visual Studio 2010 Beta 1 that Haptek will not work at all, but when I used the Beta 2 version I could use the component, although it is still giving some very odd errors. I'm having to make an individual UserControl that will deal specifically with the Haptek component and maybe that will solve my problems. I hope in the final release Visual Studio will make it work [:)].

Oh and Maybe (fingures crossed) Haptek will make an even better product... OR Robert will make a totally awesome Orge Engine... hmmmm.

I think Visual Studio 2010 is due to be released in March 2010.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2009, 02:11:34 pm by snowman »
Live long and prosper or die trying.

raybe

• View Profile
Windows 7 & Haptek
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2009, 09:36:46 pm »
Hi every one,
I just received an Alien-Ware desktop with Win 7 pro 64bit. The cpu is an Intel I7 with 8 gigs ram and all is working just fine. I posted in another thread about the computer but I haven't had too much time to follow up. I can tell you my biggest problems have been getting certain plugins to work together. I was able to load most but now it is hit and miss. I did download and Iam using the updated vers. of Hal. Win 7 just took over and made everything compatable because I really didn't change any settings to get Hal and Haptek characters functioning without that jerky motion. Don't know how Win 7 Pro interprets the Haptek program when plugins are involved. Just haven't figured out a rational combo of plugins and sorry to say but the new Hapswap plugin has also been hit or miss depending on the plugins that I am using. But Haptek including the older vers.of TTS are working. Still using the Kate voice. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful just trying to pass information that someone can use for comparison.
2 1/2 hrs to go and all problems get a fresh start.
Have a Great New Year!
raybe

NIGE

• Bringing things to life
    • View Profile
Windows 7 & Haptek
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2009, 10:36:46 pm »
Hi all, I have win7 pro 64, Haptek will not operate properly with dual or quad cpu.
Latest Hal works ok.
From the little I've used hal the plugins that I have seem to all be working.

Putty works in virtual pc but sometimes a bit slow.

Carl2

• View Profile
Windows 7 & Haptek
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2010, 08:42:29 am »
Just did a search and found this:

A small update to Ultra Hal Assistant has been released today taking the version from 6.2.24 to 6.2.28. The main change in this version is a workaround to keep the Haptek engine working in multi-core systems under Windows Vista and Windows 7 32-bit and 64-bit. The workaround is that in multi-core systems Hal will choose a single core to run on and stick with that core in order to prevent issues with the Haptek player.

I'll probably buy the latest version since we have to keep Zabaware up and running.  I do like Hapteks full bodies been playing around with them for years.  
Carl2

raybe

• View Profile
Windows 7 & Haptek
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2010, 09:53:59 am »
Thanks Carl2, I will give it a try. But again I have to mention that Haptek has been working with Hal based on the previous update of 6.2.24 for me. Nige does have the same setup of OS as I do. So there is no miss understanding I do not own a copy of People Putty. I am only referring to straight clean installs of the Hal program, older vers. of Hal TTS and updated Character expansion pack. The only thing seems that I don't have in common with Nige are having the plugins working in harmony. As I mentioned I haven't found a pattern yet of all the plugins and combination's that would get them to work together. Other then that every thing just worked fine. Maybe I'm asking for trouble with this latest update since the program is stable outside the fact of all my plugins but I'm curious to see what effect it will have or not. A great way to start the year.
raybe

raybe

• View Profile
Windows 7 & Haptek
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2010, 10:46:18 am »
Sorry Carl2 but that update has been available for maybe a few months. Not really sure but I checked my vers. of Hal after downloading 6.2.28. That has been the vers. I have been using during my posts. Sorry about that.But I just noticed. That would explain why my version was working with little adjustments made and Haptek is working. I wonder if anyone is using this version and do not encounter plugin compatibility issues?
Thanks,
raybe

Carl2

• View Profile
Windows 7 & Haptek
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2010, 10:05:04 am »
Raybe,
  Reread your post at Ultra Hal assistant, Plugins installing at different lines: are you doing one at a time? I think I remember the plugin's are told to install in a special section of the brain depending on function. You'd have to install the same number in the same sequence each time for the lines no. to remain the same. I remember checking plugin's to see if thay were causing blank responses.  Anyways your input will be helping me in the future.
  A note on plugin's for Haptek fullbody, I'd stayed with fullbody girl rather than jiggly fullbody because fullbody girl was capable of more movements until I found the haps have headers (haps open with notepad) which determine which characters thay work with, so a simple change of name.  Don't think this is you'r problem but the info may help in the future.  I like VR's work wish he would continue working with Haptek.
Carl2

raybe

• View Profile
Windows 7 & Haptek
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2010, 08:32:15 pm »
Carl2 Thanks for reminding me of my own advice. Sometimes it's easier to give then receive. But I tracked down a few things that seem to follow what you are telling me especially the loading sequence of some plugins. I get errors that can't find the path to for example,the user's surprise burn file and the file location seems to match but still looking deeper into it and that is a constant location in the dbg file. Just as another example though the HapSwap plugin which I do need to ask Snowman and lightspeed about I believe it was designed to set up in a particular area of the brain so as not to cause conflicts but I still can't get it to work.
 As far the full bodies right now I am working more on getting the emotional hap files to work as apposed to the character movement. Again this may be more character related issues. Some characters like the torso or head characters may need a different script to have them activate haps and of coarse depending on the hap file itself. I would hate to try to get a torso or head character to try and dance. But thanks for your time as always. Any further input appreciated.
raybe

Carl2

• View Profile
Windows 7 & Haptek
« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2010, 08:32:53 am »
I just did a search on Hapswap, latest version is 12-25-09 Hapswap 2.0. Looks likes it's meant to be used with fullbody and torsos since thay used breathing as an example.  The heading has to be changed to work with torsos.
  Try the search, I used "Hapswap" and "14" days and came up with 4 results.
Carl2

raybe

• View Profile
Windows 7 & Haptek
« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2010, 01:12:16 pm »
Thanks Carl2 for the update. I also posted to snowman and lightspeed to see if the Hapswap file is going to be the right direction to go considering the torso character. If it is a matter of just re directing the plugin for torso character then I guess getting all the other functions such as the emotion haps, ogg sound files and maybe accessories would be helpful. The only reason I don't mention the hand movement is Haptek really didn't focus on the look of the hands of the bizlady torso character. Reminds me of an old 'Seinfeld' episode. MAN HANDS. All I can say is thanks again and I am hoping that the heading change is something that will help to utilize the control of these haps since I'm sure we all have collected so many over the years.
raybe