Author Topic: my new haptek heads aren't showing  (Read 2720 times)

lightspeed

• View Profile
my new haptek heads aren't showing
« on: September 07, 2015, 08:40:21 am »
well i thought i had been about through everything to know about most stuff , i created some new haptek heads and copied them and placed them into my laptop from a sd card ,( using my other old xp desktop pc.)  originally from people putty they are created as a haptar extension . and i had forgot that in hal they need to be as far as i remember a htr. extension to show right . so i renamed the extension to htr. but they still are not showing in my character file the name of the character list of hal.
 Any old timers  know what is wrong .
i do have  my file set to show extensions , which is why i am baffled about this . I think these are the first heads i have made since putting my hal from my desktop onto my laptop pc . i never had any trouble doing this on my desktop before .

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: my new haptek heads aren't showing
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2015, 12:01:19 pm »
So you copied them TO your Laptop from the Desktop SD card right?
The Filenames do show up in your Laptop when you look at them with Explorer or other file manager?

What happens if you double click on one of these new htr files?

In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2015, 11:22:41 am »
yes i had copied them that way , but apparently the problem resolved itself . as they are all now working with the exception that when opened up i need to take a jpg picture of each head so it will show the display in the characters file name area of hal when choosing them . i had restarted hal before and they didn't show the names in the list . maybe after restarting the pc laptop it took care of the matter . anyway , i knew i had done it that way before and renamed the files and it worked just fine  , at least they are now all working , . guess we can chalk this up to the ghost in the machine type thing lol !  :) ;)

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2015, 07:40:25 pm »
Yes and make sure the file names are spelled exactly the same as the .jpg name you give them.
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2015, 07:43:02 am »
yep i have had that problem in the past of mismatched file names . been their done that !! at least it's now working .  :)