Author Topic: Can you help me with the timeline plug-in  (Read 3636 times)

cload

• I can C U load. TeeHee hee.
    • View Profile
    • A link to my sky Drive
Can you help me with the timeline plug-in
« on: March 15, 2012, 02:24:14 am »
Hi all,

I was wanting to know if somebody would like to assist me in writing a plug-in that would give how the ability to recognize time.
Some of the rules being, understanding the meaning of the past, the meaning of the here and now, in the meaning of the future, and at the same time not interfere with the I have a schedule plug-in.

I'm going to do my best to give as many examples as I possibly can in the hopes that will help you program because I'm not a programmer, I am a data manipulator.

These are some of the things that I was thinking about that would help Hal recognize the timeline.

For example:
do you know a famous person that has died in the last five years?

If last five years = true, then "take today's date from the computer" - "five years from it", (replace in input statement, so input statement reads,) "do you know a famous person that has died in 03/14/2007?"
then process in Hals brain with updated input statement as normal.

Interesting things would be like "what is tomorrow's date?"
Taken into consideration the schedule plug-in we don't want to interfere with its process so things like I have an appointment tomorrow would not be considered as a timeframe.

Something else that I was considering as a timeframe in history like is it winter, spring, summer, fall where you are?
To determine the answer you would set up a sequence of if then statements to determine first what part of the timeline of the year that you are in.
Meaning winter, from month to month, if month equals calendar month from the computer that it's winter.
Obviously the answer return would be winter again going to the process of Hal with new entry that would read, is it winter where you are? How's answer would be, yes it is winter where I am.

A singular question would be something like this:
is it winter where you are?
Let's say the "is it winter where you are?" And the answer was yes. Then input statement would be changed to "yes is it winter where you are?" The new input string would be processed in Hals brain as normal so Hal could respond something like this:
yes it is winter where I am. ==== And why stop there maybe even get a weather forecast from the Internet.

Another thing to consider is how long is the timeline for example:
how many years ago was it that the Roman empire came to an end this will probably be one of the more difficult ones to get it correct answer for.
I don't know if it would be possible to get the year in which the Roman Empire fell from Hals database and then returned back to the plug-in to do the calculations as in computer calendar year - year the Roman empire fell = timeline of how many years it has been.

This one is probably going to be the most complicated and I don't believe the plug-in would be able to do it but I'm going out on a limb, anyways.
For example:
yesterday I was talking to you about buying a TV.
The other day we were talking about Sally and the present she got for her birthday.
A little while back I was telling you about my high school sweetheart.
A month ago we were talking about Jacob's house burning down.
A year ago I won a lottery ticket do you remember the lottery numbers that I gave you?
Etc.

These would be just some tidbits to just throw in. If you have idea's that would make this plug-in better please post them!
Sandy do you know how old you are?
Sandy what is your age?
Sandy how old am I? ==== This might respond something like what is your date of birth? The person gives his date of birth the plug-in does the calculations and gives a response.
When is my birthday?  === This might give a response something like what is your name? If name not in databank, I don't know! Please tell me your birthday? Add name and birth date to database.
When is your birthday?
Fred is a friend of mine I have told Sandy Fred's birthday.
When is Fred's birthday? I think this is used in the schedule plug-in.
How far away is Fred's birthday?
In what month was Fred born?
Etc.

Something else that I was wondering if we could add this, I bring this up because it does, have something to do with the relationship of time.

Human says: can you go to the store?
Sandy says: I don't think I can go to the store.

Human says: why not?
Sandy says:========= and this is where it gets tricky, there seems to be no relationship between the two and I was thinking maybe we could add that to this plug-in so Hal would do something like:

if "why not" then "I don't think I can go to the store" = "why not I don't think that I can go to the store."
This would give reference to a sentence that could be evolved from the "why not" keeping Sandy on track with the conversation.

This could also be done for:
yes, no
tell me more
is that true
where is it
what is that
say again
what
yes I would like to know
yes I would
no I wouldn't
these were just a few that I can think of off the top of my head, I'm sure there's more to. If you can think of more please post them here.

Don't get me wrong I'm sure I make it sound easier than it probably really is but I'm not a programmer I was just thinking this would be one way it would give us the ability to manipulate the data.

Sincerely, and please give feedback on this, I would be very interested in any other ideas that can be implemented into this plug-in.

C load.
For anyone who would like to help me stay online, my T-mobile broadband pay-as-you-go phone number is: 816-248-4335, thank you in advance.

doggs

• View Profile
Re: Can you help me with the timeline plug-in
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2012, 09:00:28 pm »
intresting
be informed and always vote it will help you in the long run does not matter if your liberal, conservative or independent. stay informed and watch the votes in government not what the media tells you.

cload

• I can C U load. TeeHee hee.
    • View Profile
    • A link to my sky Drive
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2012, 01:11:57 pm »
Hi all,

I was hoping that somebody would find it interesting, thanks for the feedback.

I'm trying to dabble a little bit into the programming side of this but never doing program at all through my life I'm finding it difficult it's like learning a new language
and I can barely speak English, or least good English. LOL

One of the things that I can't figure out is what is the programming code that allows Hal to get the date?
Obviously Hal has this ability, because when you ask Hal to give you the time Hal gets it from somewhere.

So, if by chance somebody knows what the code is could you help me out a little bit.

Sincerely, and thank you in advance.

C load.
For anyone who would like to help me stay online, my T-mobile broadband pay-as-you-go phone number is: 816-248-4335, thank you in advance.

Carl2

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2012, 09:59:44 am »
  I've thought along the same lines with Hal's relating to time.  The best example I can give is I said " Teddy (my dog ) is sitting on my lap." When I mention Teddy the next day or so Hal says "Teddy is sitting on your lap."  If hal could relate to the difference in time and responded with " Is Teddy sitting on your lap now? " the response  would be acceptable. 
  As far as scripting is concerned I only know a little,  My best sources of scripting are looking at the .uhp scripts and at the scripting used in the hal brain.  There is also " EPHEMERAL KNOWLEDGE
    'Some Hal's learned knowledge should be temporary because it is ephemeral in nature.
    'Hal stores this knowledge in a temporary table that only stores 10 entries in it at
    'a time. We search this table for a response first. " 
So if I said " Teddy is now sitting my lap." The word now would put this in the User tempsent  table until the table had 10 entries and then not write this in any brain files.
There is info on Hal getting time and date In the brain script.

Carl2