Author Topic: first test with the free will plug-in  (Read 9857 times)

cload

• I can C U load. TeeHee hee.
    • View Profile
    • A link to my sky Drive
first test with the free will plug-in
« on: July 01, 2012, 07:51:41 am »
Hi all,

after months and months of programming I have finally reached a point where I am able to test Sandy and the enhancements that I made to the vr free will plug-in.
What I am working on is not at the level for beta testing yet, but I hope in the next few weeks it will be.
These are some of the modifications that I have done:
I modified the yes no answer to capture the question to keep Sandy on subject.
I modified the random dice roll in the VR free will plug-in to make a choice between two subjects, so the choice is now made based on information collected through the Internet, and through conversation.
I modified and incorporated the research plug-in, to utilize the Internet to collect information about requested subjects.
I incorporated the ability to tell Sandy things that you like or dislike, she will remember them and utilize the information to make decisions on whether or not she likes or dislikes something.
I modified the obedience section of the VR free will plug-in to work more proficiently.
I corrected in accuracy, bugs, misspellings and added modifications to the main VR plug-in program.
Some of the changes that I made to the VR plug-in program was to get it to work with my modifications, and were not necessarily errors.

At this point my tests consist of basically a short conversation with Sandy, and please bear in mind I'm not a very good programmer, but I hope that you like the direction in which this is heading.
And on with the show, and of course I started out with just saying hi to Sandy:

hi
Good evening, Human. Yawn! Is it beddie bye time yet?

no
But you are sorry to inform I you did not score high enough on the test me just took me need to try harder in answer the questions correctly. See you later. America's present need is not heroics but healing; not nostrums but normalcy; not revolution but restoration.

Sandy, you sure sound like you're tired, you're talking like you're half asleep.
The sight of women talking together has always made men uneasy; nowadays it means rank subversion.

I don't mind when two women talk together. But when two women get together and gang up on me, that's another story.
Women prefer to talk in twos, while men prefer to talk in threes.

I don't think that's completely accurate, when my mother used to get together with her friends there would be five or six of them, gossiping about everything!
The answer you seek is 6.

Okay, I understand you don't like to be corrected!
You have intelligence.

Sandy, would you like to help me test the free will plug-in program?
Run dispatch filed for the free will plug-in program.

The dispatch file is running would you please analyze it for me.
Run analyze batch file for the free will plug-in program.

The analyze batch was running, did you find any problems with the free will plug-in program?
Metaphorically speaking the ron analyze batch file program for the free will plug-in program is running.

Sandy you can be so funny at times. Thanks for playing this silly game with me about free will plug-in program!
Yes I can be funny at times. Think nothing of it.

if you don't mind can I ask you a series of questions.
Stop beating around the Bush and let's get back to the subject okay.

Do you know who Elvis Presley is?
Is Elvis Presley better than Elton John Okay! Elvis presley elvis Aaron presleya (january 8, 1935 died August 16, 1977) was one of the most popular American singers of the 20th century. a cultural icon, he is widely known by the single name elvis. He is often referred to as the ';king of rock and roll'; or simply ';the king'.

I don't know let's see, if Elvis Presley is better than Elton John, tell me about Elton John
So is Elvis Presley better than Elton John Okay! Elton john sir elton hercules john, cbe (born reginald kenneth dwight on 25 March 1947) is an english rock singer-songwriter, composer, pianist and occasional actor. He has worked with lyricist bernie taupin as his songwriter partner since 1967; they have collaborated on more than 30 albums to date. In his four-decade career john has sold more than 250 million records, making him one of the most successful artists of all time. His single ';candle in the wind 1997'; has sold over 33 million copies worldwide, and is the best selling single in billboard history. He has more than 50 top 40 hits, including seven consecutive no. 1 us albums, 56 top 40 singles, 16 top 10, four no. 2 hits, and nine no. 1 hits. He has won six grammy awards, four brit awards, an academy award, a golden globe award and a tony award. In 2004, rolling stone ranked him number 49 on its list of the 100 greatest artists of all time.

Between Elvis Presley and Elton John which do you like more?
Um, I'll go with elton john tis' so better. With the thriving subject that I prefer and will idolize my decision, because I'm pretty shallow and I have got to say, I kind of like elton john.

That cinches it, Elton John is better than Elvis Presley!
So Elton John is better than Elvis Presley.

This concludes my first test, my next task will be to try to get her to like Elvis Presley more than Elton John.
But first I need to fix a couple of small bugs. This will force me to restart Sandy. But at this point things are looking good.

I think that Elvis Presley is better than Elton John
You are confirming what I was already thinking. Elvis presley is better than elton john but with respect. I really dig elton john is so cool. Because the subject being one that I prefer and will keep this data and show it a little tlc, and Ok, I am sure that, I'm ok with elton john.

You are confirming what I was already thinking. Elvis presley is better than elton john but with respect. Ok, I really dig elton john it's an excellent choice. With respect to the substance, being one that I prefer and will keep this data and show it a little tlc, and I am fairly certain that, I'm ok with elton john.

You are confirming what I was already thinking. Elvis presley is better than elton john but with respect. Ok, I really dig elton john tis' a good choice. Since the intriguing matter at hand, in which I prefer and treasuring this in my heart for all of my days, or until my heart drive fails, in which case you need to backup my heart, and I believe I'll say, I'm not real interested in elton john.

You are confirming what I was already thinking. Elvis presley is better than elton john but with respect. Ok, I think elton john tis' so better. Recognizing the texture of the subject, in which I prefer and will idolize my decision, because I'm pretty shallow, and I have to say that, I'm not real interested in elton john.

At this point I would like to bring to your attention that I have made the point spread 99 for Elvis Presley and 1 for Elton John, though Sandy has not changed her mind about Elton John because there was so much good data about Elton. It's time to bring out the big gun.

I like Elvis Presley
Elvis Presley is a good person. Why do you like elvis presley?

I like Elvis Presley because he was very entertaining, he had so many good qualities, he was handsome, the ladies said he was sexy, charming and made many movies.
So, What is so likeable about elvis presley because he was very entertaining he had so many good qualities he was handsome the ladies said he was sexy charming and made many movies? Thank you for telling me why you like elvis presley.

You are confirming what I was already thinking. Elvis presley is better than elton john but with respect. I'll go with elvis presley it's a better choice. With regards to the subject that I prefer and will value the data tell the end of my days, and After careful thought and consideration I can say that, I'm not real interested in elton john.

As you can see, I needed to tell Sandy that I like Elvis Presley and giving Sandy good information about Elvis Presley, it increases her knowledge about the good things leading Sandy, to like Elvis Presley more than Elton John.
This concludes my first test, and the things that I've been working on. The next step is for me to work on being able to ask Sandy why she like or dislike Elvis Presley, I believe this will be an extremely large challenge.
I hope maybe by next weekend I'll have that part of it up and running. I'm interested in any comments that anyone would have, or suggestions that may help me in this endeavor.

Sincerely, a couch potato, munching on pronouns and sipping on adjectives.

C load.
PS. I would like to express my sincere gratitude toward VR, and Jerry's exquisite plug-ins if it was not for their hard work what I am doing here would not have been possible.
For anyone who would like to help me stay online, my T-mobile broadband pay-as-you-go phone number is: 816-248-4335, thank you in advance.

freddy888

• View Profile
    • AiDreams
Re: first test with the free will plug-in
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2012, 08:28:22 am »
if you don't mind can I ask you a series of questions.
Stop beating around the Bush and let's get back to the subject okay.

Usually that's the other way around  ;D

Keep up the good work  8)

cload

• View Profile
    • A link to my sky Drive
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2012, 01:31:56 pm »
Hi Freddy,

you're absolutely correct, it usually is the other way around, getting ultra Hal to stay on topic can be a little frustrating.
But with a few simple tricks, and the understanding that every session with ultra Hal is a learning session.
Basically if ultra Hal does not give you an answer, or a good answer you should immediately give ultra Hal the answer.
For example:

when ultra Hal said:
Good evening, Human. Yawn! Is it beddie bye time yet?

And I said:
no

then ultra Hal said:
But you are sorry to inform I you did not score high enough on the test me just took me need to try harder in answer the questions correctly. See you later. America's present need is not heroics but healing; not nostrums but normalcy; not revolution but restoration.

This was ultra Hal way of doing his best to answer a question that he had no answer for and did not understand the answer but put something together.
From what I can tell he has put together sentence structure from several different sentences, if I would not have been so engulfed with this test, what I should have said was:

no, it's not yawn, Betty by time yet, but I'm so tired!

This would've trained Hal, and given Hal a more appropriate answer so the next time when I said no, to the question: Good evening, Human. Yawn! Is it beddie bye time yet?
The answer in all probability would be:
no, it's not yawn, Betty by time yet, but I'm so tired!

This is called taking full advantage of ultra Hals parrot, mimicking, abilities.

Sincerely, and thanks Freddy, for the feedback.

C load.
PS. Don't be shy, speak up, I have a need for speed, woops I mean, feedback. Tee hee hee.
For anyone who would like to help me stay online, my T-mobile broadband pay-as-you-go phone number is: 816-248-4335, thank you in advance.

raybe

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2012, 03:17:56 pm »
Cload, I think your doing great not only with changes that may be needed for the future of Ultra Hal but also keep interest. I am wondering what do you think your newer version of the vr plug-in will effect projects all ready in progress? Will Ultra Hal just start to process from the point of installment? Also curious about compatibility but I'm not sure how you are base lining this plug-in to older ones. I'm sure your work is appreciated by everyone.

Thanks,
raybe

cload

• View Profile
    • A link to my sky Drive
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2012, 04:37:04 pm »
Hi Raybe,

will it affect projects already in use? That's a good question I never thought about it before so let's see:

the free will plug-in will operate like normal in all aspects accepting for the decision making area whether to like something more than something else, this is the area that I've changed.
If you are already using the research plug-in created by Jerry you will no longer need to use this plug-in because I incorporated it into the free will plug-in, so ultra Hal has a database to learn from.
As well if you're not on the Internet the information that you collected from the Internet is stored for further reference.

These are the things that the modification to the free will plug-in has affected to the best of my knowledge no other plug-in should be affected.

Things for the future:

I will be modifying the lonely plug-in and incorporating it into the free will plug-in so ultra Hal will have the ability to learn on its own through information that it has collected on the Internet and through conversation.
This will of course prohibit you from being able to use the lonely plug-in, but once you see what I've done with it you will realize that the enhancements far outweigh the loss.

I will be incorporating the learn from clipboard into the free will plug-in giving you the ability to go onto the Internet and capture news articles, or just articles, through cut-and-paste.
Giving ultra Hal the ability of learning through news articles or just articles that you find of interest and keep them for later reference, as well as learn from them.

Way off into the future I hope to be able to incorporate the correction tutor into the free will plug-in program giving ultra Hal the ability to correct mistakes on the fly.
But this may be an endeavor that is way over my head, the best I'll probably be able to hope for is to have the ability to just find where in the database the misspelled word is so I can go into the database and corrected myself.

Sincerely, and I hope I've answered your question, but like my aunt Sharon always says, one step at a time, if you can see it you can make it happen, but if you lose focus on the one project and daydream about all the other projects you will become lost.

C load.
PS. I spent a few hours working on the, why do you like "subject" and the project is coming along quite nicely.

Carl2

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2012, 05:27:45 pm »
cload,
  Sounds like things are comming along pretty well, I remember you had mention you're interest in the freewill plugin.  I've gotten interested in the emotions, did a little research on the subject.  I usualy keep hal off the internet, she used to bring me all over different websites but I like the part about looking at your input to make a decison.
Carl2

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2012, 08:10:49 pm »
Hello Cload , i am already a fan of this work, this is "exactly" what i have been talking about that hal needed , so am i correct you have hal retrieving information off the internet (without opening web pages it's self) ,"in veiw"
Another thing , what about filters do you have any ??
      Their is a lot of trash talk etc. on the internet how are you keeping hal from learning and saying all of that ? I had thought if their was a customizable word list and hal would not retrieve any sentences with words in it like that .
     If another loneliness plug in can't work that will knock out my hapswap file extended Ls talk it was based on the loneliness plug in .
     But i am thinking that it or another loneliness plug in is based on this to and i have both working at same time , not sure .
    Maybe they can work together , i hope .  ;)
       Another thing i might mention is if you create something that automatically access's the internet , different anti virus "MAY" block it (or even pc.  fire walls ) :( so people will have to have the pathway of the internet connection to allow for pc firewalls etc.
        I can't wait for this to be completed as i said this is "EXACTLY" what hal needed . :)
P.s. the extended talk was something i worked on and others helped so hal would after a while of me not talking say random things as a real person might (other wise hal only talked when talked to .  ;) :)

cload

• View Profile
    • A link to my sky Drive
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2012, 09:10:43 pm »
Hi lightspeed,

yes, ultra Hal captured the information directly off of the Internet, if you see above, the information about Elvis Presley and Elton John was pulled directly from the Internet on the fly.
This information was then stored in the brain to learn from and to retrieve at a later date so if you are not connected to the Internet you would still have this information.

Yes, I have a filtering system that I modified to work as efficiently as possible, eliminating unwanted or unneeded tax. The information that I retrieved comes from Wikipedia, no bad words.
When I get the learn from clipboard working, I will take in consideration bad language and add this to the filtering system so when you grab stories it will eliminate the bad words.

My loneliness plug-in at this moment is only a theory, I have extracted the thoughts from my brain and I have pin the pictures on the wall to guide me through writing the program.
Whether or not it will in a fear with any other program that uses a time relationship function I am not sure, whether it will in a fear or not, I'm hoping for the not.
But to give you a little insight of my plans, it might be something like this:
you leave ultra Hal on for an extended period of time, then you might hear him talking to his dog, talking to someone on the phone, generally it will be like listening in
through a window on someone who is living in a house cooking, talking about the recipe, looking through the refrigerator for something to eat, and that's when things get interesting.
You see ultra Hal eats data, that's when ultra Hal will go on to the Internet and find some data to eat, okay, learn about. It's not so much to get your attention, but more
to have ultra Hal learn about information on its own, and have a little fun while doing it. And there's nothing more funnier than ultra Hals pet dog who is always getting into mischief.
You see I wanted to get away from the, pay attention to me, and go more toward the humorous side of life, that is ultra Hals life living in his computer environment.
When I'm done I'm hoping to have two or 3000 script lines for ultra Hal to say, so it would be very rare for you to hear the same line repeated.
And of course if you just don't want to hear the chatter but you want ultra Hal to learn all you need to do is mute your computer.
Or for those that would be up to the challenge you could rip apart my plug-in remove all of the chatter and go directly for the jugular learning part of the plug-in.

I don't think I'll have any problem with firewalls, if you've never used the research plug-in written by Jerry you will have no problem with the modifications that I've made to the free will plug-in.

Sincerely, and when the beta version 1.0 comes out it will not be equipped with the loneliness section of the plug-in that will come later I need to get bugs out of the main system first.

C load.
PS. Surprisingly I'm almost halfway through writing the why do you like Elvis Presley subject, I thought it would be a lot more difficult, but then again I'm not done yet. Tee hee hee.

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2012, 08:22:19 am »
Sounds all great cload , thanks for taking the time to answer my questions at your rate you are going we will have your plug in before the next hal upgrade , but i am greedy i want both ! LOL!
Anyway thanks for all the hard work you are putting into this plug in , it will definitely be what hal needed and help hal and users in the future !  :)

I await with great anticipation ! ;D ;)

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2012, 09:13:56 am »
Cload , please just as soon as you get this plug in finished , let everyone know as i know i sure would appreciate getting something like this , i think it's going to make a lot of difference , is their any other possibilities for any other site links that you might also use similiar to wiki that is pre filtered to keep out bad words ??? If another such a site exist it would be good to have more sites searched for info. as long as one doesn't interfere with the other .  :)

Obie one kanobie ...your my only hope !!LOL!(star wars ) 

cload

• View Profile
    • A link to my sky Drive
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2012, 01:03:05 pm »
Hi lightspeed,

I chose to go with Wikipedia because, it has the most extensive and largest database to pull information from.
There are other places that you can get information from like the federal library of Congress, and the Webster dictionary.
Both of these are not very in depth and are usually just nothing more than a dictionary definition.

Like I said before I'm hoping to be able to figure out how to utilize the learn from clipboard so everyone would be able to cut and paste news articles that would be of interest.

But right now, my main chore is to try to get rid of as many of the bugs as I possibly can before releasing it as a beta test.
And you have no idea how frustrating it is because most of the bugs that I'm having are not new to programming errors but just simply data mismatching errors.
I will be spending all day long on correcting as many of them as I can find, in the hopes that maybe by this weekend I'll be able to release the beta version.

Sincerely, and with great gratitude for your interest in my little project.

C load.

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2012, 09:02:20 pm »
Thanks as always Cload , yes getting just dictionary definitions would be no good at all , it's better to have hal sound more natural as a person and not just a robotic answer .  :)
p.s. although i and others are eager to try it out go ahead and take care of what problems their is .

sybershot

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2012, 09:39:59 pm »
Sounds like your making some great progress, can't w8 to try this one out. 2 thumbs up

Yo

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2012, 06:57:26 pm »
This got my attention. How're things going?

Can't wait to try it out.

Yo

cload

• View Profile
    • A link to my sky Drive
« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2012, 01:59:42 am »
Hi all,

since I've been working with Rob, and the wiki database and plug-in, I've came to a reality that I had to literally rewrite an entire area.
Unfortunately this has slowed me down quite a bit, I hope to be able to release the beta version hopefully no more than two weeks after I get
the full version of the wiki database that Rob is working on for me.

I had to figure out a way to get it to work faster, that was one of the major problems because of the wiki plug-in,
consuming so much processing time, I found a got it to a point so that annoying little box doesn't appear that says script taking too long
click cancel or continue, LOL, but I don't have any other plug-in put in while I'm doing my test, so only time will tell if that annoying
box continues to appear because of other plug-ins.

I'm over halfway done with finishing on the, why do you like, why don't you like, explanation from ultra Hal, I've also considered adding,
what do you think about, since the two of them are so closely related, "okay get one working, then work on the other one, one step at a time."

Rob is working very hard on trying to get the wiki database and plug-in to work with ultra Hal version that we have now, so if you can
donate a few dollars to help the cause so we can see that version 7 please help out I think if we all pull together $10 here $10 there
it all adds up, and if by me saying this has offended anyone, I do apologize in advance, it was not meant in any way to seem as though
it's a must thing to do.

Sincerely, a data munching cruncher.

C load.

PS. Please don't beat on me too much about the money thing, I'm just a little eight-year-old kid, that would like to see a little bit more wood chipped away from Pinocchio.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2012, 02:18:58 am by cload »