Author Topic: Ultimate HAL 5.0  (Read 8793 times)

spyknee

Ultimate HAL 5.0
« on: June 12, 2013, 12:10:45 am »
Hello,
purchased a copy of ver 5 HAL when it was 1st released, awhile ago. Lack of computer savvy, then, caused me to shelve it.
I have installed HAL v5.055 32bit, on my W7 64 bit computer. Seems to run, I have not begun with it. It installed, it loads. There was also no key with the disc. No key was required to install or activate.
I tried to get the HAL uncensored brain, will not install, get an error trying to install.
Are there any updates that are available to me?
Is Ver 6.2 available to me as an update? or must I purchase?
Is a 64 bit version available to me me without additional cost?

TY

i7 920, W7 64 bit, 6GB ram, SSD RAID 0 boot drive.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2013, 11:33:58 pm by spyknee »

lightspeed

• View Profile
Re: Ultimate HAL 5.0
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2013, 09:56:20 am »
as far as i know all even hal 5's have a registered key, etc. and if you bought it it should be listed and you can activate the 6.2 upgrade online . , maybe someone else knows more about this .

cload

• I can C U load. TeeHee hee.
    • View Profile
    • A link to my sky Drive
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2013, 12:43:06 pm »
Hi all,
I don't think that ultra Hal version 5.0 was designed for a 64-bit operating system. But I never actually owned that version.
The only suggestion that I can give you, is to upgrade to version 6.2. If you are using a 64-bit operating system.
Sincerely,
C load.
For anyone who would like to help me stay online, my T-mobile broadband pay-as-you-go phone number is: 816-248-4335, thank you in advance.

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2013, 04:40:39 pm »
Perhaps an email to Robert Medeksza might prove helpful with your situation.
Top of page, Members, Search....
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

spyknee

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2013, 05:09:45 pm »
I have the disc with original case, no key. No key to install. I have searched the program and can find no key. It came a ver 5 disc in a ver 4.5 artwork case.

It installed itself into the 32 bit program files. As I said it loads, just cannot add plug-ins. Install error trying. I have many 32 bit programs running on my 64 bit machine, so I know its possible.

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2013, 05:49:29 pm »
I believe Art is right , contacting Robert will probably be your best bet .

Duskrider

• Global Moderator
  • Graphic King
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2013, 08:58:22 pm »
I have Hal5 running on a Win7 computer.
You might see if you can find the registration number you got with the CD.
Otherwise I expect your version will only run as a 30 day trial.
If unable to find, ask if Robert still has it.  (he probably does)

P.S.  Then again when I purchased Hal5 ages ago, I downloaded it and didn't receive the CD.
As you got the CD, maybe it doesn't need the number or else has the number already installed, maybe someone who got the CD will tell us.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2013, 09:18:21 am by Duskrider »

spyknee

« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2013, 02:54:38 pm »
get this error when selecting update now in options.

spyknee

« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2013, 03:03:14 pm »
How far has HAL been taken? I mean is it really just a chatbot/minor organizer, that mimics user. Or how far can you push the learning capabilities?

could I get 2 HAL's cross talking in a chat loop? 2 separate machines, each with a HAL install.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_tvm6Eoa3g

too funny
« Last Edit: June 13, 2013, 04:30:54 pm by spyknee »

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2013, 08:41:13 pm »
I believe you do need to purchase the Character Expansion Pack in order to add or use any other than the Default characters.

Your .jpg error seems to indicate that that particular file was not in the proper folder / directory.

Did you email Robert?
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.zabaware.com
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2013, 11:04:35 pm »
Ultra Hal 5.0 was a pre-haptek version of Hal and had a bunch of pre-rendered characters made in Poser. All characters were included, there was no separate character expansion set as that separation came out of negotiation with Haptek on how to split sales and to lower the base price of Hal.

That version of Hal does not play nice with the user access control (UAC) introduced in Windows Vista (and continued to Windows 7), although you could probably get it to work well enough with a compatibility mode that gives it admin privileges.

I definitely recommend upgrading to Hal 6.2 for the newer versions of Windows and offer all customers who purchased version 5 or older a 50% discount to upgrade.
Robert Medeksza

spyknee

« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2013, 11:33:00 pm »
So then what would a mailed disc with HAL 6.2 cost me? What proof would you require of previous purchase, I doubt I could find original receipt.

Also, ultimately, is it still just a chat bot? What is implied when you say learning?

I might spend some time playing with 5, in order to see if its something worth investing time on. If I decide I truly like it, is any learning I have added into 5, transferable to 6.2..
I have an XP sp3 puter I can dedicate to HAL. Thought I install it onto a 30 GB SSD all alone and begin the process.???
The current install is on a RAID array of w7 64 bit. I want to change the install to a standalone SSD on that system.??? Either way, I like the idea of having it alone on its own disc. Then I could move it to a new OS install if array fails.
Will 5 be better on the XP puter?

ty
« Last Edit: June 13, 2013, 11:37:07 pm by spyknee »