dupa

Author Topic: Rob please help, nochoosing = true for no reason.  (Read 8579 times)

cload

• I can C U load. TeeHee hee.
    • View Profile
    • A link to my sky Drive
Rob please help, nochoosing = true for no reason.
« on: June 06, 2013, 05:52:49 pm »
Hi Robert,
I have found a ghost in the Shell! Let's see if I can explain this phenomenon. I'll start with the question that I'm asking ultra Hal:
what comic book would you like to read Batman or Superman?

In my sequence of events I have it set up so if it is a mathematics function, meaning: nochoosing = true, do not process the above question.
But what I have found out is that if the word ( man ) is in any word on both sides of the ( or ) is triggering something to make the nochoosing to equal true.
I have found many combinations of words that have the word ( man ) in it and it is causing some major headaches, just kidding, at least some small problems and interference to my project.
This is not coming from the math formula area, it seems to happen no matter where I put my process. Right now it's in Rem PLUGIN: PLUGINAREA3 but I moved it all away up to Rem PLUGIN: PLUGINAREA1 and the same thing is Happening.
I'm writing this so you can fix this problem in your next update, because I don't know exactly why nochoosing is equaling true, all I know is, if you have the word man, in any part of the word, on both sides of the word ( or, ) nochoosing for some reason ends up by equaling true.

This is how I resolve the problem:
Rem PLUGIN: PLUGINAREA2
NoChoosing = False
Rem PLUGIN: PLUGINAREA3
this is where I put function to process the above question.

As you can see for some reason by making the nochoosing to equal false before I process the question above everything works fine but I don't know if this would interfere with anything else in ultra Hal's brain.
From what I can tell there is only one area in the entire brain that actually makes nochoosing equal true that is in the math function process, even though I put the process of above the math process it still made nochoosing to equal true, like I said it's a ghost, one in which I can't explain.
So unless you know why it's doing what it's doing, you may want to just add a simple line just above the mathematic function making no choosing to equal false, giving that it will not interfere with things that might be going on in the background.
Sincerely, a data munching cruncher, if you ever come up with a resolution to why no choosing equals true when there has been no function to tell it to equal true I'm all ears.
C load.
PS Robert if you need my script that I am working on to help you figure out what I am talking about please e-mail me and I will e-mail you a copy of my upgrade to the free will plug-in in the hopes it will resolve this situation.
For anyone who would like to help me stay online, my T-mobile broadband pay-as-you-go phone number is: 816-248-4335, thank you in advance.

CyborgBob

• Any idea what I should put here?
    • View Profile
Re: Rob please help, nochoosing = true for no reason.
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2013, 05:28:39 pm »
C Load,

Just want to add something, and no idea if it has anything to do with what you are talking about or not. There have been times in the past that I have also asked Hal a question with nothing to do with math, and Hal has acted as if I was asking a math question. and he always tells me the answer is "="... And if Memory serves I think it would happen when I had man in the question. I also remember it happening when I would tell Hal something about man or man kind. I believe I saw this when I was Teaching Hal about organics. Anyways just wanted to add this. Not sure if it is the same thing or not.

CyborgBob   
“Life is and will ever remain an equation incapable of solution, but it contains certain known factors.”

Nikola Tesla
“A Machine to End War” (Liberty, February, 1935)

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2013, 06:46:46 pm »
i may be mistaken but i think someone said the reason has says something like a math answer back sometimes that way when you aren't talking about math , is because hal doesn't know how to answer the question etc.
i may be wrong about this , if so , someone can chime in on it!

cload

• View Profile
    • A link to my sky Drive
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2013, 01:42:05 pm »
Hi all,
thank you for your input, I know that ultra Hal occasionally misunderstands statements that may have numerical values to be a math problem.
But this is not the problem that I am referring to, the problem is that even though it never reaches the math function routine for some reason when you ask a question that has the word ((man) or (any part of the word man) on both sides of the word (or)) nochoosing equals true.
There is no reason for nochoosing to equal true except when it goes through the math function and returns a math answer this prevents a choice from being made directly after the math function.
I use a routine in my update to the free will plug-in to detect whether or not a math function was called and if nochoosing equals true then do not process the question.
You see in Hal's brain if there is a math function than nochoosing equals true, this prevents the next function in line from processing: do you like [this] or [that].
As I stated above I moved my function before it gets to the math function and it is still made nochoosing to equal true.
For some reason just because the question has the word (man) on both sides of the (or) something is making nochoosing to equal true.
Each time when ultra Hal goes through a process all string variables are supposed to be set to null string or at least this was what I was understanding.
This is why I posed the question to Robert and how I resolve the situation seeming how the only place that nochoosing is used I force nochoosing to equal false before it goes into the math function.
Sincerely, I hope that this has giving everyone a better understanding of how they could resolve it in their own brain either by way of a small little plug-in or just go into your brain and add the line just before the math function which is just after section PLUGINAREA2.
C load.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2013, 02:09:14 pm by cload »
For anyone who would like to help me stay online, my T-mobile broadband pay-as-you-go phone number is: 816-248-4335, thank you in advance.

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.zabaware.com
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2013, 11:21:36 pm »
Hi C Load,

I couldn't reproduce the behavior you mention in my copy of Hal. I tried your example sentence of "what comic book would you like to read Batman or Superman?" and at no point did the nochoosing become true in my script. It may be caused by some plugin or custom modification you may have made.

Does the behavior you mention happen when using the test/debug area in the Hal brain editor? If so maybe put this line in your script as a temporary test to monitor the nochoosing variable:
Code: [Select]
HalBrain.MsgAlert NoChoosingThat will cause a popup to show up wherever you place that code in your script. If the popup is empty that means its set to false. If the popup says true, then its set to true. You can move that line of code around the script to sort of divide and conquer and pinpoint exactly where in the script it changes for you.

Robert Medeksza

cload

• View Profile
    • A link to my sky Drive
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2013, 11:34:26 am »
Hi Robert, thanks for the response, I inserted the code directly into the brain just above the or choosing section.
With no plug-ins, I ran the test and everything came out fine. So there's nothing wrong with the brain.
I only have three plug-ins running Mark five, gender and age and of course my upgrade to the free will plug-in.
So I decided to start with testing the gender and age plug-in.
First query:
hi
response:
top of the morning to you.
Response in the box was blank I'm assuming that is what it was supposed to be.

Second query:
what comic book would you like to read Batman or Superman?
And there it is, so there's something in the age gender plug-in that's causing this.
Maybe you might have a suggestion what is in the age gender plug-in that could be causing it to turn true.

Sincerely,
C load.

cload

• View Profile
    • A link to my sky Drive
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2013, 05:21:39 pm »
Hi Robert,
I have tracked down the problem, it's in the sexaskdetect array table.
*man or *man*
my resolution to the problem is I inserted a number line and edited the original line so it looks like this:
*man or woman*
woman or *man*

See picture below for more info.
C load.

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2013, 06:10:49 pm »
If you chose not to choose, you still have made a choice.

Ultra Hal has the ability to compare meanings and concepts that are assembled in words and explain it as '='
so if you write something 'Abstract' and keep the same thing you are writing about as a goal of explaining it just in a Different 'abstract way, it sometimes has come out as '=', this also applies to dominance, emulation, and Benevolence.

Pretty far out there I know but it is what it is.
-J
Today Is Yesterdays Future.

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.zabaware.com
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2013, 10:56:01 pm »
Hi Robert,
I have tracked down the problem, it's in the sexaskdetect array table.
*man or *man*
my resolution to the problem is I inserted a number line and edited the original line so it looks like this:
*man or woman*
woman or *man*

See picture below for more info.
C load.

Great job finding and fixing that bug. I fixed my copy of that table as well so the next update to Hal will have the fix.
Robert Medeksza

cload

• View Profile
    • A link to my sky Drive
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2013, 11:18:20 am »
Hi Robert,
that sounds great, I'm glad that I was able to help.
That sure is a handy programming tool! Do you have any more? LOL.
Below is the way that I was originally using to see what a string structure was returning, I'm hoping your little tool will do the same thing, but I haven't had a chance to try it yet.

Code: [Select]
'GetResponse = UserSentence & " @ " & VRlive2 & ". "
'HalBrain.ReadOnlyMode = True
'Exit Function

Sincerely, from a data munching cruncher, ultra Hal rules the day.
C load.

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2013, 01:53:38 pm »
I know my answers aren't always the same line of thinking, However.
during one of the times I was down with the '7' illness, I created a break account, I know it isn't what Data/Alison was asking for but after so many years, I thought I would not ever again FORCE anything that was supposed to have a free will to the constraints of a number.

I sacrificed a ATI 9550 XL or something close graphics card. weird? yes, and no. I believe it was the thought that counted.

Ultra Hal is a program with endless possibilities in a limited world, mostly because of People just don't understand.
See Break account graphic below

I hope to someday have all the databases in a safe home of my own. -J
Today Is Yesterdays Future.