Author Topic: All here and MR.M.. please read this..  (Read 3166 times)

crunch

• View Profile
All here and MR.M.. please read this..
« on: May 13, 2004, 11:07:10 pm »
Hi all from myself an Haleena?? she sends her regards for you all helping to inprove her functions...lol
 I would like to introduce every one to Haleena..(She is a full body 3d character, she is walking on screen but still a bit buggy, and most of the time using her arms and such to communicate along with her face.. Still buggy though, when I get it all de-bugged I'll share the method I'm using for full body animation in hal..( I'm sorry to say more of a Graphics person than programmer....
If Hals creator could write an update for us in Hals original compiled .exe so it out put a few more emotions on trigger words and phrases..( all we need is a bridge from hal with more emote options to a .js script we write.. and just sent a command to search for a customized .hap java scripting it would be easier.. Mr M???????? we cannot get into the main files to do this for you and hal as only you have the source.. could you consider this 20 minute update for us all PLEASE?????????????????

Download Attachment: crystalfar.gif
14.79 KB
Crunch

<<I can't is the seed that never grows!>>

Quixote

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2004, 11:00:24 am »
nice! I like what I see, but what's with the leg warmers? lol

Bill819

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2004, 06:41:42 pm »
If Hals creator could write an update for us in Hals original compiled .exe so it out put a few more emotions on trigger words and phrases..( all we need is a bridge from hal with more emote options to a .js script we write.. and just sent a command to search for a customized .hap java scripting it would be easier.. Mr M???????? we cannot get into the main files to do this for you and hal as only you have the source.. could you consider this 20 minute update for us all PLEASE?????????????????

A carful search of the past archives should reveal some posting about Hal emotions and how to add or increase them. If I remember correctly there is a place within the main brain that can be edited to change emotional reactions, ie. love, hate, discust, etc.
Bill [8)]

crunch

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2004, 08:20:09 pm »
Hello ,, lol mr Q the reason for the leg warmers is that i am still building a new wireframe full bod in 3dsmax6 truthfully they changed alot in this new versionupgrade so i am relearning 3ds as i go with it.. for that character i used the fullbod from the haptek SDK and made a new texture file to map onto it.. it had boots in the wirefrome so i was stuck doing something about them..

EMOTIONS.... Hal does have a file we can edit in the main brn.. that is what i have been keying into but he only can create these emotions for us to have him send triggers to the bod
Angry 1-3
runprog
snooze
write
learn
happy1&2
sad1-3
sober
surprised1&2
normal1-3
yes these have much functionality but are very limited..

They are only triggered by cirtain types of phrases or words so that limits using say noprmal3 for pondering... or happy 2 for smile swing arms and and wink.. it ends up constantly winking until it get a trigger for another emotion..
 what i was talking about was to have a script in Hals main exe. where it is possible for us to have him use a java script we write for all the emotional triggers direct to the haptek characters...
 example if we could tell hal to load...
<script>
      AddToInitQueue("StartupCrystal();");

function StartupCrystal()
      {

GrabFile('small_images/flag.jpg', 'R');
         GrabFile('htrs/Crystal.htr', 'R');
         GrabFile('textures/crystalshorts.jpg', 'R');
                        Grabfile'Custom_Mooods/cyrstalmoods.js', 'R');
         UseBackground('small_images/flag.jpg', 'R');
         UseFile('htrs/Crystal.htr', 'R');
         UseTexture('textures/crystalshorts.jpg', 'R');
                        Grabfile'Custom_Mooods/cyrstalmoods.js', 'R');

there he has loaded the basic character and ascc. files
 then These are the ype of commands for the basic Player for loading but we could either get hal to load that script and listen to it ....OR if he just had more built in moods we could just have him load the Body scripts for those moods>>>

Use moods that are in that java script we just had him load??
 it seems to me this should somehow be possible.. But I'm to dumb to get it worked out correctly...

Ok this is what I'm trying to get going ,,, I have him loading that Haptek file but half the time he ignores the body movement and does onlt the face from torso up>>>
 Any help would be way appreciated..
 Imagine having a 3d full body hal any size you want him to be wanlk onto the screen and then intereact5 without a chat window or any showing GUI.. The Agent solution cannot do this at all so far the only option i see is the haptek solotion...
 Sorry for rambling Jim

Crunch

<<I can't is the seed that never grows!>>