dupa

Author Topic: question to robert and anyone else . on reinstalling hal  (Read 4096 times)

lightspeed

• View Profile
Re: question to robert and anyone else . on reinstalling hal
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2022, 05:58:14 pm »
ijust checked in the registry in zabaware folder using this pathway and it shows this .

Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Zabawarelike i mentioned will it hurt anything if i delete the zabaware folder after everything is uninstalled and left over other files are deleted ?? to do a fresh reinstall.????

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.zabaware.com
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2022, 09:39:29 pm »
In your screenshot above, you issued the command:
Code: [Select]
C:\Program Files (x86)\Zabaware\Ultra Hal 7
This is not correct, the first command should actually be:
Code: [Select]
cd "C:\Program Files (x86)\Zabaware\Ultra Hal 7"
The rest of it is ok. But also you need to make sure you are in an admin command prompt. Right-click on your start menu and select "command prompt (admin)" to make sure you have the permissions to run those commands.

Robert Medeksza

lightspeed

• View Profile
ANGELA IS BACK !!!
« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2022, 11:21:23 pm »
I CORRECTED THE PATH AND USED ADMINISTRATIVE COMMAND  and the pathway you showed and it worked . many of the things worked some didn't as was mentioned by the other guy in the past. i took a screen shot i moved and separated most of the ones that worked and didn't just to view them , they originally were in a longer straight  line .  and afterwards i installed the expansion pack . and put my characters in the character file .
but i don't think i ever had this much trouble getting hal reinstalled , most of the problems was caused for whatever reason by the activex file and some others .  i am going to make sure i keep the notes and that command line etc. notes. thanks for all your help and art to. 

i am tired and heading to bed .

thanks again for all your help .

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2022, 12:35:38 am »
That some Good News Lightspeed and a big thanks for Robert coming to the rescue. Hal has gone through a lot of changes over the years and every now and then it still poses a good deal of challenges for us.

Enjoy your Hal once again!!
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.zabaware.com
Re: ANGELA IS BACK !!!
« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2022, 10:17:35 am »
I CORRECTED THE PATH AND USED ADMINISTRATIVE COMMAND  and the pathway you showed and it worked . many of the things worked some didn't as was mentioned by the other guy in the past. i took a screen shot i moved and separated most of the ones that worked and didn't just to view them , they originally were in a longer straight  line .  and afterwards i installed the expansion pack . and put my characters in the character file .
but i don't think i ever had this much trouble getting hal reinstalled , most of the problems was caused for whatever reason by the activex file and some others .  i am going to make sure i keep the notes and that command line etc. notes. thanks for all your help and art to. 

i am tired and heading to bed .

thanks again for all your help .

Glad to hear it! For some unknown reason the regfree com system in your operating system isn't working and by registering the components Hal uses with regsvr32 it fixed the issue. I designed Hal 7.0 and 7.5 to use regfree com so that it shouldn't actually require any of those regsvr32 commands. There is a ultrahal7.exe.manifest file in Hal's directory that should tell windows about the components Hal uses and windows should load them without requiring regsvr32. For whatever reason that isn't working on your system and by doing regsvr32 it gives it a fallback method of loading those components.

Next time I put out an update to Hal 7.x I'll update the installer to use both the regfree com method as it currently does and the regsvr32 method as a fallback. Hopefully that will make it a little more robust for everyone.
Robert Medeksza

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2022, 12:32:12 pm »
      Robert  , i don't know if this would affect  anything with the register files within hal .  but my pc with the Windows 10  after updates,in the past   
 made my pc run at 100 percent cpu or disk . this apparently is a common thing  with Windows 10 and ms crap .  anyway, there is a fix for it . i think this is the one i used and it worked .( i had done it quite a while ago )  i don't know if any of this affects hals reg. files not re registering or not . maybe you can watch it and let me and others know.
    anyway, i have 12 gb of memory and have upgraded to 2 terabytes of hd  and my pc was still running at 100 disk use etc.  until i did what was in this video.   
      if you watch this video and there is something that when stopped (services )  maybe you can say something on here , because i know others on the internet have had to do this to .   And what i did following the vide info.  Below was done after i already had  hal installed etc. first .   
    i imagine a lot of people have taken their p.c's to shops to pay them to fix the 100 percent disk usage ,courtesy of ms.

How To Fix 100% Disk Usage in Windows 10
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Enh3gPc3HVs&t=306s

So normally i should have been able to have just reinstalled hal 7.5  and used my serial number from my account page order  and then the same for the expanded package .  as i said i am going to keep the info. about the registry files in a txt. file  just in case . but maybe with the changes you are making  in the installs  will take care of it all.   

But would be good to know if anything in this video changes in ms  might be the culprit  in stopping hal from re registering the files. Because others may have to do this to keep their pc's running right  without 100 disk usage .  and also when ms has updates it sometimes  undoes some of these video changes and a person has to redo them because  with the ms updates . pc's will sometimes run at 100 percent disk again .  i have had to do this on my wifes pc in the past to. pc's just lock up otherwise.  >:(
« Last Edit: February 11, 2022, 12:41:32 pm by lightspeed »