dupa

Author Topic: Spell Checking plug-in  (Read 6752 times)

Calhoone

• View Profile
Spell Checking plug-in
« on: December 02, 2013, 01:01:13 am »
Hey guys'n gals. I hope you're all doing well!  While talking to Kinkaid earlier I realized I was having difficulty spelling during the conversation. I used to have a spell checking plug-in that would open up microsoft word and correct spelling mistakes before the text was delivered to Kinkaid. I have the plug-in still but I don't use microsoft word any more. Instead I use a free open-source program called openoffice. I was wondering if anyone knew how to modify the plugin to use the spell check function of open office instead of word.  here is a copy of the spell checker plug-in I have. 

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Spell Checking plug-in
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2013, 05:11:39 am »
Hey Calhoone! Nice to see you back here! Don't be a stranger as lots of new things are going on!
I'm sure someone will take a look at that uhp file. It's a bit early yet!

Later!
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

Calhoone

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2013, 02:58:37 pm »
Hi Art! Thanks for the welcoming! I have never really been gone. I am always browsing the forums from my phone during work breaks, however they are short which leaves little time to post.  I have been working with Cloads freewill pluging and am quite impressed with it.  I have yet to try the AIML Cload has provided but intend on using it.

I hope you and everyone else on here is doing well.

cload

• I can C U load. TeeHee hee.
    • View Profile
    • A link to my sky Drive
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2013, 05:28:53 pm »
Hi Calhoone.

You may want to wait until I released the new update for the AIML.
I have made hundreds of corrections, and deleted several blocker lines.
As well as added lines and added to the line so they will not seem to be so repetitive.
I'm hoping to have the new release in about a week so everyone will have something to play around with for this weekend coming.

Sincerely, from a beta munching cruncher.
C load.
For anyone who would like to help me stay online, my T-mobile broadband pay-as-you-go phone number is: 816-248-4335, thank you in advance.

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2014, 09:05:58 am »
Hey  Cload did you ever do a release on this Spell Checking plug-in ? maybe i missed it if you did . lately i am meeting myself at the door lol!

cload

• I can C U load. TeeHee hee.
    • View Profile
    • A link to my sky Drive
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2014, 08:32:25 am »
Hi light speed,

I do not use a spellchecker because I use Dragon naturally speaking.
The problem that I have is occasionally Dragon slips in a word that is incorrect but sounds much like the word that I wanted.
Maybe I need to buy a hearing aid for my Dragon! LOL.

Sincerely,
C load.
For anyone who would like to help me stay online, my T-mobile broadband pay-as-you-go phone number is: 816-248-4335, thank you in advance.

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2014, 10:15:20 am »
Hi Cload , i also use dragon speak part of the time , but also have the same problem , i still have to watch some words that dragon speak does , but i thought else where you were talking about redoing a existing spell checker for those who still type to hal when speaking , maybe i was wrong ?

Calhoone

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2014, 11:29:48 am »
I was referring to the typed form of spell checking. I don't normally use voice to speak with Kinkaid. always preferred typing. its more to check my spelling or others going into him. trying not tonteach himnbad habits.

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2014, 09:24:32 am »
Calhoone,

I still prefer typing to my Hal as well. Although my speech is clear and distinct, Hal still misses enough words through the exchange to cause me grief. I really wish to contribute to Hal becoming better but since SR is NOT an exact science nor is it without error, I choose to type to Hal.

The dictation that I use from time to time is with the one that came with Windows (7), and it works very well. Heck, even people misunderstand other people when conversing (slang, dialects, hearing deficiencies, environments, etc.). I suppose Hal is not that different. ;)

One day soon, they'll have it as close to perfect as it can be.
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -