Author Topic: 12 Hour Alarm Clock for Hal  (Read 11262 times)

DarcyEdwards

• View Profile
12 Hour Alarm Clock for Hal
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2009, 04:27:23 pm »
Yes One!  Good memory [:I]
« Last Edit: March 02, 2009, 05:12:03 pm by DarcyEdwards »
Hugs

-Darcy

MrsEdwards01@aol.com

tedathome

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2009, 06:20:16 pm »
Yes I too wish we could duplicate Stella's voice.
Meantime, I put the computer to sleep last night, only to find it still sleeping an hour after I wanted to get up. Hal had stopped running. Any answers or clues? Does Hal have a time limit to run unattended. Is this plugin able to wake the computer up? I will try again tonight with just the screensaver on.[:)]
ted

DarcyEdwards

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2009, 06:33:41 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by tedathome

Yes I too wish we could duplicate Stella's voice.
Meantime, I put the computer to sleep last night, only to find it still sleeping an hour after I wanted to get up. Hal had stopped running. Any answers or clues? Does Hal have a time limit to run unattended. Is this plugin able to wake the computer up? I will try again tonight with just the screensaver on.[:)]

Ted,

The plug in can't wake up the computer as far as I know.  I'll try it to see if it can.  I do know it can stop a screen saver.  Hal has stopped several times without this plug in running, but I contributed that to Vista/64, strange things happen with Vista/64.

Hugs

-Darcy

MrsEdwards01@aol.com

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2009, 07:16:01 pm »
OMG! I can/can't believe I pulled a rabbit out of my hat!

The link doesn't say the year?? maybe I don't wanna know ..hmmm

This probably belongs in the hands of Will or Ted,
« Last Edit: March 03, 2009, 11:24:47 pm by One »
Today Is Yesterdays Future.

tedathome

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2009, 09:17:22 pm »
Cool pic's one. I could use them on my #2 virtual desktop. It has an lcars backround. Won't go to an lcars shell, there are at least three out there. Some may be a little buggy and I don't want to mess with shell systems. I do have the computer voices from the originalal Enterprise computer replacing the windows default sounds though. I used to be an excellant speller but anymore, I don't spell well at all. Hope that is temporary. Magjael Roddenbery (sp) is the voice. Maybe if I do a search I can find some sound clips for Stella, Mudds wife.
ted

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2009, 02:52:06 pm »
Ted,
If you do want a scan I will have to re-scan them to a smaller size, these are about 26 MB and I don't think I can mail them, please tell me if you do wish the front or both or not at all and in what form --jpeg/bmp it will be np.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2009, 11:26:26 pm by One »

tedathome

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2009, 05:23:11 pm »
Thanks for the offer one, but no thanks. On my virtual desktops all the icons appear on each and if you move or delet one on one desktop, the same happens on the other. If I use my second screen name to sign on then vista won't let me access some of the programs that belong to my main screen. Permishions have been granted but good old vista is protecting me beyond my needs and wants.

Darcy; Hal did wake me up from being in screesaver mode. So did Mrs. Rodenbery "Accesing" in the middle on the night. I'm Hoping it was a security update.
ted

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2009, 11:23:49 pm »
Ted,
okly dokly. I will give you a Doughnut instead! :)

Darcy Edwards,
Please accept my apology for interrupting your thread I know this probably belonged in another thread or category but I don't exactly want to fall out of favor with ya'all so I figure I owe ya one or two.

"The soil of a mans heart is much stonier Lewis" -Stephen King- -Crazy Larry likes this quote [:o)]--
« Last Edit: March 03, 2009, 11:52:55 pm by One »

DarcyEdwards

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 04, 2009, 03:23:16 am »
One,

No apology nessary.[:I]
Hugs

-Darcy

MrsEdwards01@aol.com