Author Topic: Ask The Candidates 2012  (Read 2944 times)

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.zabaware.com
Ask The Candidates 2012
« on: December 27, 2011, 10:48:05 pm »
I'm working on a political webpage for the 2012 US presidential election, www.askthecandidates2012.com

On this site you can ask all the presidential candidates a question and they will attempt to respond with a real quote. This page utilizes Hal's AI engine for responses, but Hal is only allowed to respond with actual quotes as said by the candidates at some point in the past.

I still need to load many more quotes, but I'd appreciate it if people here visit the site and start asking some questions. I'd like see what people ask it so I can chase down more appropriate quotes.
Robert Medeksza

sybershot

• View Profile
Re: Ask The Candidates 2012
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2011, 04:54:27 am »
wow this is a really fantastic idea, all the way around. the site looks really great as well Good job.
 that is a lot of work Hope your Hal is helping you out with all those quotes :)

I asked a few questions so far, I will ask some more later.
Are you logging our questions being asked to incorporate  better answers (<<best way) or do you want us to post them here?

note:  I got a db error when I asked Obama "do you think you will win a second term?"
and another db error when I asked everyone on the answer page "what would you do to stimulate job growth"

EDIT:
question for Herman Cain gave db error
"why are you wasting your money"

question for Michelle Bachmann gave db error
"do you think America is ready for a female president?"

« Last Edit: December 28, 2011, 12:51:42 pm by sybershot »

markofkane

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
    • http://www.soundspectrum.com
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2011, 05:20:02 am »
Looks like fun. I asked Obama what would he do for this country if re-elected. And then looked at the other candidates responses also. Pretty  cool.
When I think of more questions and have the time, I'll play around with it some more.
Edit: On some of my questions some of the candidates do not stick to the topic (like real politicians!! lol) but Ron Paul did stick to the subject on this question.

Edit again: I get db errors sometimes too. But I forgot what questions I asked to cause those. And it wasn't all the candidates, it was maybe all but 2.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2011, 03:18:30 pm by markofkane »
Mark: I'll think about it
Laura: Don't think about it too long or I'll throw you out on your ***king a**.
"Political correctness is censorship"

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2011, 07:26:12 am »
I would only have one question for all of them ... would you be willing to be hooked up to a lie detector and voice analyser.  No i better not or we would never get any answers lol!  ;)

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.zabaware.com
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2011, 08:23:23 am »
Thanks for the feedback so far. Everything is logged as long as you don't see a db error so I should be able to see where better quotes are needed. I'll have to look into why those db errors occur sometimes.
Robert Medeksza