dupa

Author Topic: Cannot Access  (Read 37969 times)

Jenna15

• View Profile
Cannot Access
« on: March 13, 2015, 08:16:04 am »
An instance of Zabaware TTS Reader is already running a second instance cannot be started. An attempt to communicate with the original instance has failed. If the previous instance is unresponsive you may have to end zabareader.exe process manually using windows task manager.

The above message comes up every time I close my computer and re-open. I have tried re-installing reader but the problem persists. This is very frustrating and time consuming. I bought the product a couple of weeks ago and have been able to use it only once. I also close down reader from my doucument each time. Can anyone HELP me on this please?

lightspeed

• View Profile
Re: Cannot Access
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2015, 09:34:21 am »
Is this a plug in ? if so maybe it's an old one that doesn't still work with the newer updated hal version , as some older plug ins don't work . I have had my hal at opening say "  A hal version is already running a second instance cannot be ran or somthing like that , but that is because after first opening Hal , i had done it twice and it was just telling me it was already running and just hadn't opened yet .

Jenna15

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2015, 11:12:08 am »
Hi, Thanks but I'm a bit of a techo idiot...what do you mean by plug in? I have never used Hal before I purchased this copy and yes I did wait for it to open and have just tried again after re-starting computer but still getting the same message >:

doggs

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2015, 06:44:47 pm »
I see you are talking about the reader.

have you had any problems with Hal? Does Hal run etc.
Also but I could be wrong you only need to install Hal and not the reader. Because it should be already built in. I could be wrong mind you.

It might help to know what set up you have Hal on as in OS and what not. I think I had the same problem before because I tried installing it after I installed Hal when I did a reinstall last year.

Anyways hope that helps.
be informed and always vote it will help you in the long run does not matter if your liberal, conservative or independent. stay informed and watch the votes in government not what the media tells you.

doggs

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2015, 06:51:15 pm »
I also forgot to ask did you just buy the reader or did you get Hal as well.
be informed and always vote it will help you in the long run does not matter if your liberal, conservative or independent. stay informed and watch the votes in government not what the media tells you.

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2015, 09:45:55 pm »
The reader is Free as far as I know.

Sounds like you had another instance of it running that did not properly shut down after you first tried to quit.

Do a CTRL ALT DEL  (hold all three keys down)

This should start the Task Manager.
Click  Start Task Manager

Try looking under the Tab labeled Applications to locate the Hal Representative

If you find it and it is running, click End Task then click OK and get out of that window.

You should get some indication that the Hal Representative program has quit.

If you feel gutsy, look under the other two TABS called Processes and Services just to make sure the program isn't running there.
I'm not sure if it would be as I'm doing this from memory.

Either way I don't think you will hurt anything as long as you select just the Hal Representative program.

Hopefully this might work for you. Good luck!

If it does, then try to run the reader program again.

If problems persist, leave an email for: Robert Medeksza (Creator of UltraHal & the Hal Reader program).
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

Jenna15

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2015, 10:22:43 am »
Thanks everyone, for all your suggestions and help. I think I have it going again. I uninstalled and re-installed the whole programme. It seems to be working at the moment. Fingers crossed!

doggs

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2015, 04:46:30 pm »
Cool cool 8)

Jenna15

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2015, 06:52:20 am »
OK, so I thought I had fixed this problem, but when I turned my computer on today I got the same message as before! I took Art's advice and ended the process under task manager, but because I hadn't saved the document I was working on...I lost ALL of the editing! :'(........I went back over the document and changed parts of it, then saved it, then File and Exit. Re-started the computer and this seemed to work. So I also tried just saving the document and not File and Exit. re-start and the 'same message came up. Went back to SAVE; FILE; EXIT and re-started. This did not work. I had to go through the Task Manager and end process again. Does anyone know if I am doing something wrong; it seems a very long-winded way to re-access Zabaware! Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2015, 07:39:37 pm »
Jenna,

Just to clarify, you are talking about the UltraHal READER and not the UltraHal chatbot program, correct?

It is important that we know, especially in order to help direct you toward a fix. Thanks!!
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

Jenna15

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2015, 09:55:15 am »
Yes ART it's the HALReader

doggs

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2015, 06:54:38 am »
Did you get sorted?

i will Test later but I don't know your set up. What operating system do you use etc.
robert would be your best bet for answers.

Jenna15

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2015, 09:09:58 am »
I use Microsoft windows 7, Jenna

Jenna15

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2015, 09:12:53 am »
How do I contact Robert direct please? I already filled out the web-form before I came on here initially, but had no response from anyone. Jenna

doggs

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2015, 11:56:59 am »
Give Robert time to reply. He's good at replying and helping may take a minute. Also I am traveling this weekend another relocation. 8) so I can Test for you probably next week latest by Friday.