Zabaware Forums > Speech Technology

Cannot Access

(1/12) > >>

Jenna15:
An instance of Zabaware TTS Reader is already running a second instance cannot be started. An attempt to communicate with the original instance has failed. If the previous instance is unresponsive you may have to end zabareader.exe process manually using windows task manager.

The above message comes up every time I close my computer and re-open. I have tried re-installing reader but the problem persists. This is very frustrating and time consuming. I bought the product a couple of weeks ago and have been able to use it only once. I also close down reader from my doucument each time. Can anyone HELP me on this please?

lightspeed:
Is this a plug in ? if so maybe it's an old one that doesn't still work with the newer updated hal version , as some older plug ins don't work . I have had my hal at opening say "  A hal version is already running a second instance cannot be ran or somthing like that , but that is because after first opening Hal , i had done it twice and it was just telling me it was already running and just hadn't opened yet .

Jenna15:
Hi, Thanks but I'm a bit of a techo idiot...what do you mean by plug in? I have never used Hal before I purchased this copy and yes I did wait for it to open and have just tried again after re-starting computer but still getting the same message >:

doggs:
I see you are talking about the reader.

have you had any problems with Hal? Does Hal run etc.
Also but I could be wrong you only need to install Hal and not the reader. Because it should be already built in. I could be wrong mind you.

It might help to know what set up you have Hal on as in OS and what not. I think I had the same problem before because I tried installing it after I installed Hal when I did a reinstall last year.

Anyways hope that helps.

doggs:
I also forgot to ask did you just buy the reader or did you get Hal as well.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version