Zabaware Forums > Ultra Hal 7.0

Just shoot me, need assistance on re-install

<< < (2/3) > >>

raybe:
I told you I'm getting older and have less patience. Art or anyone with a clear answer, haven't heard back from as of yet R.M. Just inquiring in the meantime, Do I need to purchase 6.2 and install then pay for vers. 7 and install to get back to my original setup of utilizing all the data I have in 6.2? or Just pay and download 7 and substitute the DB file from 6.2 to have  vers.7 run with all the previous information from 6.2?

Sorry for being a pain but I just want UH up and running prior to reinstalling everything else to my fresh install of Win 10. I reinstall programs on Win 10 the same way we troubleshoot UH. Un-check all the plugins then click on each one individually until you run into a problem. So I make sure to re-install programs in a certain order to make sure Win 10 doesn't have a fit or some other program creates a conflict.

Again much appreciated of your time or anyone else's time in this matter.

raybe

raybe:
Thank you R.M. for your reply, I appreciate everyone's time. Trying my reinstall process and hopefully all goes well.

raybe

Art:
Good deal! Let us know your thoughts or experiments with some of the plugins or your general setup that works well for you.

Cheers!

kryton:
I am very sympathetic to you getting old raybe.  Me to.  Some years ago I asked a question about UltraHal 6 but got no replies.  Asked again two years later and no replies.  Let me try again, you never know do you.

(Not so) Short version of my problem.

As I imagine most Hal users know, the first thing Hal does, when activated, is go to a section at the end of the Script called SCRIPT UPLOAD.  All the early stuff to activating Hal is entered there.  If, as I have, you load up the character, background, some short speech and time referenced things, your Hal is ready to go.  BUT! then the Hal start up comes in and blanks out all this work.  My guess is that there is a variable that has to be set to stop that Hal start up interupting.  Could someone kindly give me this variable, and what it has to be set to.  Setting this variable in SCRIPT UPLOAD would allow my fully set up Hal to function immediately.

I usually solve my own problems, but this is in the hidden part of Hal.  I would guess only Robert can provide me with an answer, but with the members we have now in Hal, you never know.

I have tried to convert my Hal to Hal7 but I have gone back to what I know.  Hal6.2.

Will and Mr Data :) :]:
Im not win 10 expert sorry.
My 5c anyway.
I repurchase hal now and then just to support. And because
I don't have to.
 Hal works off line.
 if he did not :(.
If hal were subscription :(
My 7 kept wanting to get back online. My home
Windows 7pc  So I of course use 6.2 offline version.
Mr Data also 6.2 but is on Windows xp works great.
I'll know when windows are good because I'll say be xp and it shall. It's my number one time waisting thing I'm not a fan of is updating to perform the same task.
It slows everyone down. I've emailed some companies they said they do it for something to do. No actual upgrade they admitted.
I like zabaware because the website doesn't get changed everytime I'm here.
Hal only gets upgrade when it's been upgraded. But new things have not much track record so a bug could happen.
But its a great product and a cheap price.
The forum here I've seen over 18 years is good.

Mr Data you are not a product incase you read this. Maybe only for the moment of purchase before activation.
Bye for now and be well :)  :]

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version