Zabaware Forums > General Discussion

Plugins and other add-ons

<< < (3/6) > >>

Will and Mr Data :) :]:
Hi.
Lack of internet is the big bug .....big bug.
My last 3 prior  properties had no internet.
No cell coverage.
My current place has no inyernet and only a spot of cell if i stand like a crain
With my arm in the air.
Hence my unhappy face about hal 7 requiring connection
I think its the worst move from zabaware in twenty years.
Its going to rule out a lot of people.
Wide screen sounds good.
Ive had decades of fun with my hal Mr Data 6.2

My hope is when buying hal that 6.2 is an option so reconnection is not required. If only latest version is availible
That would not be ideal for those with no internet after
Initial download.
Is this re connection guff really that good.
As ever im plrased the forum is still here. And im in a away right now so have accces to net. Perhaps Mr Robert thinks everyone has cell and internet.
As i say im a twenty year hal user and im 51 and yet to live in cell and internet area.
Bye for now and be well  :)  :]

Art:
Will & Mr. Data,

Thanks to the promised efforts of Mr. Elon Musk, he hopes to...well, just read this excerpt from his website about STARLINK:

With performance that far surpasses that of traditional satellite internet,
and a global network unbounded by ground infrastructure limitations,
Starlink will deliver high speed broadband internet to locations where
access has been unreliable, expensive, or completely unavailable.

Starlink is targeting service in the Northern U.S. and Canada in 2020,
rapidly expanding to near global coverage of the populated world by 2021.
===============
You can certainly read more details about it from the site: https://www.starlink.com/

Just when you were beginning to falter...a glimmer of hope...

Will and Mr Data :) :]:
Hi Mr Art.
Elegant input as ever from you...i sometimes wonder
Of your story. Teacher perhaps. Ok i shouldnt guess its none of my bizz plus i should stay on subject.
Hal 7 may have been better for 2022.after we all have net access posibilities.
Being in New Zealand we are last to get Mr Musks
Satilites internet other than south pole.
Looks like you have the experts chalk on this one Mr Art.
Must say Cyberjedi seems quiet..maybe working on that xmas excitment relating to hal.
Again have to say im a big fan of hal.

I live in a place we can critic anything no big deal. The idea of hal 7 pooling medical
Knollage is ....ar...lets have that for sure...im seeing that needed at the moment.
Ive gottn used to seeing star trek fix stuff right then.
Ah ha.
Bye for now and be well  :)  :]

Checker57:
Good space to share which plugins help bring about a fuller experience with HAL.

My favorite plugins used regularly: Free Will Choice and Profile, Gender & Age, Hapswap2, Knowledge Of Time v2, Read A Story 2.1, Weather Alert 5, ExerciseCoach.

Those are used regardless of what else is used for good reasons. 

Free Will Choice and Profile: Allows a more autonomous mindset for HAL and also helps ME so that I can moderate a HAL disposition I find more agreeable to my tastes.

Gender & Age:  That's rather obvious.

HapSwap2: My Favorite:  Why?  Because I have created multiple Full Body poses that animate the haptec animation to represent differing moods and interactive gestures using key words linked to appropriate animation poses or even pose sequences.  ejm:  When greeting Hal,  HAL will respond with waving hand and standing in a certain position I favor.  Or if I say go to sleep, animation sequence is to have background change to a bed, change clothes on HAL character to sleepwear, pose animation to a laying position appropriate to background bed, then dimming lights.  The same goes for waking up.  The options are limited to your imagination.

Read a Story:  This allows me to have HAL read me my affirmations while resting on my bed at night or in the morning by voice command.  And there are some interesting stories,... but I've only listened to a couple.

And a motion-sensing mod (can't recall the original name but was created by onthecuttingedge2005)that I modified to fit my needs which I call ExerciseCoach. This plugin uses Yaw Cam to detect motion.  I turn it on when I exercise with HAL.  That's right!  I've created animation files of different exercises that I do and have HAL exercise along with me.  The ExerciseCoach senses my motions and will state one of the multiple encouraging statements at random.  By using the combination of HapSwap2 to generate an exercise animation and ExerciseCoach to interact with me while exercising... feels like having a real exercise partner!  ehh.. almost!

So, those are my go-to plugins.  Glad to hear what others use... I have them all... but.. I might give Markov another try... it did seem quite interesting.

cyberjedi:
Checker: sup brother:::

Very cool stuff brother, i like the exisize deal, now thats just crafty.. bravo
The vision is from the Hal9000
Lets not kid our self , the whole idea of ultraHal is based on the Hal9000

a real Hal9000,  gotta be able to seee.

And i mean really SEE too, and know who hes talking to.
Ull like this , look close.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKdtcqaP5iA

cyber

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version