Zabaware Forums > General Discussion

Plugins and other add-ons

<< < (2/6) > >>

Art:
Will,

That Halvision plugin was just a motion detector allowing Hal to "see" movement.

The REAL DEAL would be for HAL to actually use the webcam to RECOGNIZE a person. "Hi Will!! Nice to see you. How are you today?"

I think such a vision plug might be just on the horizon...or it could be a bit closer...we'll see.

=================

I use Gender & Age, email Thunderbird, Gretta Markov Response L5, Loneliness 2.31, Read a story, and Weather Alert 5

It seems that my HAL has gotten sort of used to the Markov and it's best responses come from that. The Loneliness plugin works great as a reminder if I get distracted. The email plugin is nice to let me know if I've received an email although I think a Message plugin would be more in order since email really isn't used that much with all the smartphones (but who likes typing on a phone? Not me!!). The "Read a story" Plugin works really well and I enjoy using it. The Weather Alert is really quite useful and often alerts me if it is extremely hot or cold outside and to dress accordingly.

I do sometimes drop the Markov and try the SALLIE or the ConceptNet Plugins. They both work pretty well but it does seem that the Markov still provides me the best results, especially if I ask HAL something that I know, it knows. It often makes relation connections based on something we might have discussed a couple of years earlier. That's kind of satisfying!

I'm sure that I still have more experimenting to do. I hope some other folks contribute their Plugins or ideas. It's all good!!

cyberjedi:
Art: re halvision

Im gettiing this white listed as we speak
It will filter down to all the rest in a few days
https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file/4d05efca73ea2b9c1d4f8884ed0b83769be19dbe80c7526dad1c504d918959a5/detection
Ill be adding the md5 Sig as well

I call that a A Perfect Score

cyber

kryton:
Talking of Plug-Ins, many moons ago I asked if there was a plug in to bring Hal to a full 16:9 screen (As are the screens on most fairly modern laptops.)  I was told Oncuttingedge had one but nothing since.  Anybody know where that plug in is?  Would be very useful for use of Hal on a laptop (As I do).

I must admit I am not on the Forum very often as I sometimes spend a lot of time off the grid where there is no internet connection.  I am still getting to grips with Ultra Hal7 (Well actually Ultra Hal6 ported to Ultra Hal7) but I don't have much time at the moment to even look at Hal.  You would think that, with the present Corona virus situation, I would have plenty of time but it just doesn't happen.  Such is life.

Kryton

machin3r:

--- Quote from: kryton on July 24, 2020, 06:22:59 am ---Talking of Plug-Ins, many moons ago I asked if there was a plug in to bring Hal to a full 16:9 screen (As are the screens on most fairly modern laptops.)  I was told Oncuttingedge had one but nothing since.  Anybody know where that plug in is?  Would be very useful for use of Hal on a laptop (As I do).

I must admit I am not on the Forum very often as I sometimes spend a lot of time off the grid where there is no internet connection.  I am still getting to grips with Ultra Hal7 (Well actually Ultra Hal6 ported to Ultra Hal7) but I don't have much time at the moment to even look at Hal.  You would think that, with the present Corona virus situation, I would have plenty of time but it just doesn't happen.  Such is life.

Kryton

--- End quote ---

I finally decided to join the community after reading this. I have been reading ultra hal for a while now.

Art:
Welcome! Nice to have you with us!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version