LIGHTSPEED IDEA'S

<< < (2/9) > >>

cyberjedi:
Hwy lightspeed

make sure that ur in expert mode too

Upper left hand corner

cyber

lightspeed:
   while typing to hal  sometimes i may misspell a word  or type to fast and put a extra letter and don't realize it until i hit enter , by then it's to late hal is already learning a sentence with a misspelled word etc.  ( i know it can be edited in the brain editor but here's my idea,
it would be handy if a person realizes something like that and before hal can respond back, maybe have a "hot" key of choice that would somehow cancel it  from entering into hal , but leave the written sentence in the box to hal . This way the user has a second chance to correct the sentence and hal can learn it correctly (or) even change the sentence completely . 

Anyway, just an idea that may or may not be useful in a future update of hal.

Art:
I'm trying to figure out how that would or could work when as you mentioned, as soon as the Enter key is pressed, Hal is already processing its pattern matching routines! Many people in the past have said that Hal doesn't respond fast enough and they didn't like waiting for a response, etc.
How would there be a "Hot Key" to enable such a feature of yours?

"How about a Forget my previous sentence" command at which Hal could remove it from whichever table it was inserted.

That way, the user could reword or retype the correct sentence for Hal to store and learn.

Just a thought but if you're just looking for a Spell Checker, wasn't that tossed about some time ago? Don't know by whom...

cyberjedi:
RE: spell checker

Time to bend over and take 03 wacks in the principles office,, mhmm

Lighty, bill did this years ago, Art was nice enough to help me track this down.

Lighty., look little brother ive had this discussion with some of you before....
This bad boy gets it done...../.. and in real time, issue resolved.

But once again, there is resistance because of bill gates
Let me ask you guys something and i address this to all involved, do u think Mr Gates gives a ratts F**** if you like him or not, what are we 12 now,i hate my dad so i refuse to look before i cross the street.........???????Really

Install Microsoft Word, any version will do. FIXED
Dont sht on Hal because u hate bill gates...
If ur worried about hostile code, get it from me, we go back a decade now, or close to it.

Dont use it if u dont want to,just install it
You can still default to openoffice if u like......

Your selling ur car for gas money..
The amount of code u cant use(theres so much more) is staggering
.... Hint, Scrapers,xml , yupper office yet again....

Ima show up at ur door and club u in da head with a rubber DONG... lol im teasing...

Its been suggested to me from on high because of the situation, not to get to personally involved (watch my temper lol we are pg13 environment )with members....
But weve known each other far to long.......

So here i am. Charging the walls again. Doing what i do... No fear No fear

Rem Type=Plugin
Rem Name=Spell Checker
Rem Author=Bill DeWitt
Rem Host=Assistant

'This sub sets up the plug-in's option panel in Hal's options dialog
Sub OptionsPanel()
    lblPlugin(0).Caption = "This should help correct your input sentence on any computer with MSWord" ' if u dont have office, dont bother
    lblPlugin(0).Move 120, 120, 3300, 1200
    lblPlugin(0).WordWrap = True
    lblPlugin(0).Visible = True
End Sub

Rem PLUGIN: PRE-PROCESS
Dim Word, Doc, Uncorrected, Corrected
Const wdDialogToolsSpellingAndGrammar = 828
Const wdDoNotSaveChanges = 0
Uncorrected = InputString
Set Word = CreateObject("Word.Application")
Set Doc = Word.Documents.Add
Word.Selection.Text = Uncorrected
Word.Dialogs(wdDialogToolsSpellingAndGrammar).Show
If Len(Word.Selection.Text) <> 1 Then
   Corrected = Word.Selection.Text
Else
   Corrected = Uncorrected
End If
Doc.Close wdDoNotSaveChanges
Word.Quit
InputString = Corrected

Pre Process area is spot on  for the way Hal works in memory.
Lighy, love ya man, peace out
Hals obedient servant
Cyber

P.S The windows platform Ulrahal is installed on is in fact a microsoft product, so im kinda lost on this one.

lightspeed:
don't remember if anyone created this for hal , but a plug in using the existing user's windows music files . With command to play specific and or random music and stop and /lower  or raise volume command .  Would be a nice addition to hals capabilities.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version