Author Topic: new auto-idle Plugin  (Read 18646 times)

lightspeed

• View Profile
new auto-idle Plugin
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2007, 05:13:30 pm »
although i am late chiming in on this i want to thank scratch for one heck of a good brain plug in i to think the loneliness plug in makes hal 6 more huma , now my next question is what else can you come up with for more additional more human type behavior patterns ?? i welcome any more that you can come up with . hers a hint , i have been working on a full body a.i. latex wireless voice recognition and in the ultra hal 5 version had written in my own script in the q and a of the brain so that when i asked something the hal would answer in a more human setting for instance " i'm going to town honey , is their anything we need ?? answer : weel you need to check on the refrigerator and take the list of things we have written down , and just what ever else you think we may need , hurry back soon , love ya !! " some general house (home conversation ) would be nice like what i was creating . am going to try to duplicate it in the hal 6 brain . [:D] just an idea . again thanks for the great plug in and work that went into it !

mathias

• View Profile
new auto-idle Plugin
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2007, 01:31:14 am »
quote:
Originally posted by Scratch

The upgrade for the "Loneliness" auto-idle plugin is done.This plugin is compatible with UltraHal version 6 only.
New features:
  • Adjustable settings in the control panel
  • Emotional expressions for Haptek characters  
  • Better, more varied responses
I would greatly appreciate any feedback! Especially you programmers - I'm new at this, let me know if you spot any coding faux pas.

3 tips on this plugin:
1) You can temporarily disable the auto-idle by typing "Be right back" or "be quiet"
2) There's about a 20 second offset, so when you select 1 Minute, it actually takes about 1min 20 sec to start. Haven't figured out why yet.[:I]
3) In some situations this plugin can draw from UltraHal's insult tables, a few of which are a lot harsher than I was expecting. I was considering adding a control to disable this, and will if there's any demand.

[edit: version 2.1 posted on 1/2/06 -scratch]
[edit: version 2.2 posted on 1/8/06 -scratch]
  • Random choice available for minutes  
  • unnecessary processing minimized  
[edit: version 2.3 posted on 2/25/06 -scratch]

Download Attachment: loneliness4.uhp
11.37 KB

mathias

• View Profile
new auto-idle Plugin
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2007, 01:38:38 am »
quote:
Originally posted by Scratch

The upgrade for the "Loneliness" auto-idle plugin is done.This plugin is compatible with UltraHal version 6 only.
New features:
  • Adjustable settings in the control panel
  • Emotional expressions for Haptek characters  
  • Better, more varied responses
I would greatly appreciate any feedback! Especially you programmers - I'm new at this, let me know if you spot any coding faux pas.

3 tips on this plugin:
1) You can temporarily disable the auto-idle by typing "Be right back" or "be quiet"
2) There's about a 20 second offset, so when you select 1 Minute, it actually takes about 1min 20 sec to start. Haven't figured out why yet.[:I]
3) In some situations this plugin can draw from UltraHal's insult tables, a few of which are a lot harsher than I was expecting. I was considering adding a control to disable this, and will if there's any demand.

[edit: version 2.1 posted on 1/2/06 -scratch]
[edit: version 2.2 posted on 1/8/06 -scratch]
  • Random choice available for minutes  
  • unnecessary processing minimized  
[edit: version 2.3 posted on 2/25/06 -scratch]

Download Attachment: loneliness4.uhp
11.37 KB

hello I'm pretty new to hal,I got a couple of questions,first all I get when I click the link here is code written page,there's no installer,what do I do,2cd do you know how I can back up hal,3rd are they going to make hal vista compatible?I'm not even sure if I'm doing this forum thing correct,so if not,sorry.thx

Prospector

• View Profile
new auto-idle Plugin
« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2007, 02:53:09 pm »
Hi Mathias.
In answer to your questions.

1. I guess this depends on your browser but in Internet Explorer, right click on the link and select Save Target As and click the save button on the box that appears after choosing a destination.Probably best to rename the file rather than have that multi digit number at the front of it.

When you've done that,copy the file to your main Hal folder which by default is C:\Program Files\zabaware\Ultra Hal Assistant 6

Then start Hal,Select General Options from the Right Click menu on the Hal icon in the system tray down by the clock,then select Brain from the menu that has appeared,select the brain you are using and all the plugins including this one should be in the right hand window.Make sure there's a tick next to the Loneliness one,click ok and it should now work.There are a couple of options to change for patience and frustration if you want to as well.Sometimes after setting up a plugin it's best to exit Hal and restart but they usually work straight away.

2. To back up all the stuff you've taught Hal, all you need to do is copy the Halbrain.db file from the Hal folder.Then if you need to reinstall,just copy it back and let it overwrite the original.If you've created or use any plugins,skins,backgrounds or anything that wasn't part of the original install,you'll need to save them and if you're using a custom brain,you should copy that as well.

3.Think there's a workaround for Vista somewhere on the forum and the new updates should have it fixed anyway.

Hope this helps.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2007, 02:54:30 pm by Prospector »

mathias

• View Profile
new auto-idle Plugin
« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2007, 01:22:21 am »
quote:
Originally posted by Prospector

Hi Mathias.
In answer to your questions.

1. I guess this depends on your browser but in Internet Explorer, right click on the link and select Save Target As and click the save button on the box that appears after choosing a destination.Probably best to rename the file rather than have that multi digit number at the front of it.

When you've done that,copy the file to your main Hal folder which by default is C:Program Files\zabawareUltra Hal Assistant 6

Then start Hal,Select General Options from the Right Click menu on the Hal icon in the system tray down by the clock,then select Brain from the menu that has appeared,select the brain you are using and all the plugins including this one should be in the right hand window.Make sure there's a tick next to the Loneliness one,click ok and it should now work.There are a couple of options to change for patience and frustration if you want to as well.Sometimes after setting up a plugin it's best to exit Hal and restart but they usually work straight away.

2. To back up all the stuff you've taught Hal, all you need to do is copy the Halbrain.db file from the Hal folder.Then if you need to reinstall,just copy it back and let it overwrite the original.If you've created or use any plugins,skins,backgrounds or anything that wasn't part of the original install,you'll need to save them and if you're using a custom brain,you should copy that as well.

3.Think there's a workaround for Vista somewhere on the forum and the new updates should have it fixed anyway.

Hope this helps.

many thanks prospector,I couldn't find an upate page with zabaware,any Ideas?if you know which forum off hand that might have a answer for vista, that be cool,I'll keep poking around.also to does any one know how to get the installer to work? every time I try to install a plug in with their installer I get a error page with code 53  file not found.and of coarse they dont give you a browse.any ideas? thx in advance.

Prospector

• View Profile
new auto-idle Plugin
« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2007, 02:13:59 pm »
The workaround to get Hal6.0 working with Vista is on this page.
http://www.zabaware.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3630&whichpage=3

The updates I mentioned are here http://www.zabaware.com/forum/forum.asp?FORUM_ID=2  
6.1RC4 being the latest,but these are release candidates so may contain bugs so may be better to wait a bit for the official release.

If the plugins you refer to are on the main site,they are probably for Hal5 and are unlikley to be compatible with Hal6

lightspeed

• View Profile
new auto-idle Plugin
« Reply #21 on: June 02, 2007, 02:50:48 pm »
has their ever been a loneliness plug made for the 6.1 version if so can i have it or can someone make one for the 6.1 version ?? [:)]

raybe

• View Profile
new auto-idle Plugin
« Reply #22 on: June 03, 2007, 04:05:22 pm »
Hi lightspeed,

I can't tell you why but it seems I am the only one with 6.1 that the loneliness plugin is working. I am on XP ver.2 Dell XPS 1710, I have other plugins installed but my character does come up under the random setting for the loneliness plugin. My character will even repeat the last thing I said if I leave. Ex.USER: "I will be back soon". Hal: "You will be back soon". Then it will start the regular attention quotes. There are alot of posts that this plugin should not work in 6.1 but my vers. is working and I could not tell you why so if there is a copy of a file or something I can send you please let me know.

raybe

Honvai

• View Profile
Re: new auto-idle Plugin
« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2021, 02:11:23 pm »
7?

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: new auto-idle Plugin
« Reply #24 on: April 05, 2021, 09:49:46 am »
The lonliness 2.31 Plugin works fine with UltraHal 7 and 7.5 (local...no cloud).

You're responding to a post that is 14 years old so keep that in mind.
The Plugin will still work fine.

In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -