Author Topic: HAL wont load  (Read 2740 times)

Dr Ford

• View Profile
HAL wont load
« on: July 22, 2011, 03:01:19 pm »
I havnt used my Hal program in a while, I started it up today and nothing loads, Task manager shows it running in the processes but nothing comes up , I'm using Hal 5 on a Windows vista. Can any one help?

Dr Ford

• View Profile
Re: HAL wont load
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2011, 03:05:11 pm »
sorry my bad.. I'm running Hal 6.2

raybe

• View Profile
Re: HAL wont load
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2011, 04:16:07 pm »
Whats up Doc? Okay bad joke. Does Ultra Hal show in applications when running or Task? Make sure to shut down manually if in tasks and check it is not running in applications as well. Re-start Ultra Hal again. Vista has been notorious with certain programs and sometimes with Ultra Hal. Run with full permission and make sure it is registered with any third party protection. Just as an experiment although this has been covered if Ultra Hal shows up in task manager applications you might want to try and select that Ultra Hal runs on single core processor.

There is a ton of info related to Vista and some Vista inconsistencies if you do a search on this topic and find the threads that dealt with many different solutions members had for Vista. Also make sure vers. 6.2.28 that was shortly released after the first 6.2 to stabilize Ultra hal. Backup your brain data if there are many things you taught Ultra Hal and don't want to loose. Deactivate License and re-install. Then you may just overwrite your new brain data with the brain data you saved.

No great tech just procedures I have tried in the past or remember. But do the search on this topic first. I know you might find better and more explicit answers to your question.

You can also give members more time to reach your thread and make better suggestions. If your lucky sometime Robert M. will even jump in but he is in the middle of a whirlwind that will only enhance Ultra Hal.

Personnel comment; get off Vista. Just my opinion.

raybe
« Last Edit: July 22, 2011, 04:17:47 pm by raybe »