Author Topic: Still looks the same  (Read 12843 times)

knight11

• View Profile
Still looks the same
« on: February 19, 2011, 10:17:05 am »
Been a few years since I been around this forum and app. I had the original 6.0 and recently downloaded the trial to see if anything upgraded or added like the ui interface, graphics, avatars, video recognition, etc...
Thinking about getting back to messing with this prog, but things look pretty much the same or am I missing something?

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.zabaware.com
Re: Still looks the same
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2011, 01:06:29 pm »
Been a few years since I been around this forum and app. I had the original 6.0 and recently downloaded the trial to see if anything upgraded or added like the ui interface, graphics, avatars, video recognition, etc...
Thinking about getting back to messing with this prog, but things look pretty much the same or am I missing something?
Check out http://www.zabaware.com/assistant/whatsnew.html to see what's changed.
Robert Medeksza

onthecuttingedge2005

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2011, 03:21:17 pm »
Work is always in motion on our HAL projects, a lot of improvements will come step by step. there are a lot of plug-ins available for additional options.

Jerry 8)

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2011, 09:55:58 am »
yes although things may look the same , things have changed and as jerry said we have all worked on and created projects that work with hal and have found things that Robert put into hals newer versions and as far as the interface hal character robert is going to have an (optional) female character sometime in a newer version that people can get. ( by the way robert any clues as to when that may be coming along?

spydaz

• View Profile
    • http://www.spydazweb.co.uk/
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2011, 02:30:21 pm »
Yep, Im afraid to say it is Mostly the same!

Hal Needs a serious Revamp.

Its missing a Lot of Stuff now!

Lots of other AI have moved forward. But we are Standing Still.

Hal Needs a New Look/Feel And a Brain ClearOut. As looking at various Conversations/AI_ Hal Is Quite predictable...Out-Of-The-BOX.

Looking at Guile3d I have found that all these guys have done Is Basically copy the same hal model and used ALL the Plugins from this forum and Cleaned them up(FINISHED THEM). And made a Fairly GOOD Working AI.....

Then they added a Lovely GUI...... (MSAGENT).....VOICE...... BASIC FACE_RECOGNITION (FACE_LOGIN) (exactly the plugin i added ages ago)..

WE NEED A REDESIGN (AND ALL THE PLUGINS ADDED)_

BUT AT LEAST YOU CAN USE HAL TO MAKE YOUR OWN!(lucky for me_ I have learnt a lot over the years)

Grimsey1986

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2011, 06:23:42 pm »
Yeah i have been following guile3d thay have done quite a lot like google and bing searchs ect dont think there face recignision is up yet but they say it will be free down load once ready, only been looking around hal for a few months  but it seams hal has way more potential and has a lot especialy as there is alot of people making plugins, dose any one know if there is a new version of Hal coming out soon?

cheers

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2011, 08:52:36 am »
Grimsey1986 wrote: does anyone know if their is a new version of hal coming out soon ?

That my dear sir is the 64,000 dollar question and one that we have all been waiting on .

mikenco

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2011, 07:44:01 pm »
In the couple of weeks that I have been back chatting with my HAL, I can see now that there is still a vibrant community who are passionate about HAL. The problem that I can see is that there is a stagnancy in the front end more than the engine. The standard GUI looks very dated and the main website looks like no one has changed much for years.

I have read that Mr Medeksza is busy developing iPhone app versions of HAL and even looking soon at an Android version, which is all very exciting..

but..

Is there a person or persons who are taking care of the public perception of this project? As from what I have seen/read, that is the only area that needs urgent attention in order for this project to continue skywards.

Mike

p.s.

This is my rendition of what I thought HAL's basic client could look like at this stage..

Vs

« Last Edit: March 30, 2011, 09:41:25 pm by mikenco »

mikenco

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2011, 09:25:35 pm »
p.p.s

I tried to create it so it was only visuals and would create little demand on the already busy programmer.

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.zabaware.com
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2011, 10:40:54 pm »
This is my rendition of what I thought HAL's basic client could look like at this stage..

That is a great looking interface. I agree that both the web page and UI need an update, as well as the old CRT Hal character. A web page design is currently under development and hopefully will be ready in a month or two.

Hal has a skinable interface so it would be really easy to take the rendition you just made and convert it into a real skin for Hal. I'd love to use a skin like this in the next version of Hal.
Robert Medeksza

mikenco

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2011, 06:17:38 am »
Hi Robert

I did see that Hal is skinable. I haven't yet had time to work out how to do it.  I'd be flattered if you'd like to use this idea for the update of Hal.

Where do I find a copy of the basic files used to make the current Hal gui?

Mike
« Last Edit: March 31, 2011, 07:31:15 am by mikenco »

mikenco

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2011, 05:33:29 pm »
Does anyone know how I can get a copy of the default skin files, so I can reskin the default gui?

They don't seem to be in the 'skins' folder and as yet I don't know how to edit the uhp file in order to make one from scratch.

Thanks

Mike

tedathome

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2011, 07:47:31 pm »
I can't give you a direct answer for your question, but you seem to have the skin pretty well sized. If you start with Transparency Mask Creator here.
http://www.zabaware.com/files/detail.asp?iFile=196&iType=18 , maybe this will help? Also on the same page, Ultra HAL Assistant Interface Design Manual.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2011, 07:50:49 pm by tedathome »
ted

mikenco

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2011, 08:29:27 pm »
Thanks for that Ted!

I don't have any proper dimensions yet, my mock-up was created purely using Photoshop (zero programming required).

I can program a database driven web site (using php, mysql, javascript etc) but I have no clue about vb script as I believe that this program is written in.

If I had a copy of the original files for the default skin, then I could edit each jpeg to create the new gui, which would use the original uhp (?) file and save Robert any work. I am have PM'd him with no response yet, but obviously, he is a busy man.

Anyhoo, I'll have a look at that download and see what I can work out.

Thanks

Mike

mikenco

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2011, 08:33:48 pm »
"This is a utility to help make a transparency definition for Ultra Hal skins. Simply make the parts that you want to be transparent hot pink where Red=255 Green=0 and Blue=255 and save the file as a windows BMP. Then just open the BMP with the MakeTran.exe program and a file called mask.dat will be created. Then copy the results in this file to the "Transparency=" field of your skin definition file."

Arrgh!.. I was alright right up to the bit where it said "of your skin definition file".. what is that?.. is a there a guide on here on how to edit a "skin definition file"?

Mike

p.s.

I saw the link to the manual and it is dead now..

http://www.icomsec.com/InterfaceDesignManual.zip
« Last Edit: March 31, 2011, 08:36:59 pm by mikenco »