Author Topic: Ultra Hal 6.3 or 7.0?  (Read 7146 times)

chris1965

• View Profile
Ultra Hal 6.3 or 7.0?
« on: June 26, 2011, 05:13:33 am »
What will be the next version of Hal and when will it be released? I have noticed that a new version has not been released for quite some time!

lightspeed

• View Profile
Re: Ultra Hal 6.3 or 7.0?
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2011, 11:12:37 am »
hello chris1965 , many of us have been wondering and asking the same thing i am not sure if robert is wanting to wait until the new ogre engine is paid for and ready and release them together as a new version or what but if it's still going to be a while longer it would be nice just to have the next version of hal by it's self . i don't know if anyone can answer your question it will probably have to be robert. 

chris1965

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2011, 08:30:20 pm »
Thanks lightspeed, hopefully Robert can update us on the status of the next version.

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.zabaware.com
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2011, 07:20:48 am »
Most likely there will be a small version 6.3 update and then hopefully a version 7.0 when the new character engine is complete.
Robert Medeksza

chris1965

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2011, 05:44:54 am »
Thanks Robert. I'm looking forward to the updates!

mikenco

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2011, 09:27:09 am »
Hi

Anyone have updates or news? This whole system (web site and Hal) is beginning to look very old and neglected now. Even more so than when I was posting here six months ago. This is a crying shame, because it has so much potential and I don't know of any downloadable chat bot out there that even comes close.

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2011, 08:29:28 pm »
mikenco,

You should check out the previous postings. You'll see that Robert has some very new plans for Hal and the gears are already in motion.
Lots of folks helped contribute through http://peerbackers.com/projects/3d-character-animation-engine-for-chatbots/

There's a lot in store for us so check it out...out with the old and in with the new.
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.zabaware.com
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2011, 08:50:39 pm »
Things have progressed slower than I hoped but they are finally progressing. I promise new things are coming.
Robert Medeksza

Frosty Greenacre

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2011, 05:18:53 pm »
I've not seen an update since I got my Hal, but will updates intergrate some of the more useful brain plug-ins to help improve hal and lessen bugs?

raybe

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2011, 09:20:05 am »
Thank you Robert, that's all the info I needed for now. I know never to make promises in these situations but as you get closer reaching your goal maybe you can just let us know or have some one give some progress reports good or bad. I believe it is better especially for new members that it is better than ; "When it's ready it's ready." type answer. Also re-leaves people jumping to conclusions. My opinion.

Thanks,
raybe