dupa

Author Topic: no lip sync  (Read 4439 times)

Gooth

• View Profile
no lip sync
« on: July 17, 2011, 12:31:59 pm »
lips not syncing in hal is driving me crazy. I had a fully lip synced version of hal and i accidentally deleted the haptek player in the control panel, uninstall. ever since lip sync has stopped working. I downloaded the haptek player several times. it has created a Haptek file in C:/programe file (x86) [where it was before] but lip sync will not work now. I don't think it is installing properly as the Haptek player is no longer visible in the control panel/uninstall. I've tried all the usual things like running Haptek SAPI config but nothing seems to work.

can someone help as this is driving me nuts!!!!!

raybe

• View Profile
Re: no lip sync
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2011, 09:31:53 pm »
Sorry not always an opinion you want to hear but in my opinion best to complete a total clean re-install. Maybe something stayed corrupted in the Haptek player.

If you have data you want to save you can still save your project or brain files and re-install after everything is corrected which is just a backup of the brain file. A regular procedure most of us have learned especially while working on Ultra Hal unless there is no info you taught that you don't mind doing over again or maybe improve.

I am not a true tech of Ultra Hal but just over time my experience has lead me to get a point of reference unless you are very experienced in Ultra Hal programming or basic knowledge of how Ultra Hal incorporates these 2 different programs to give you a working lip syncing character.

I would also start with the basics of using the Ultra Hal characters and voices that are recommended and you can find more info searching this forum. I will assume that you did that because you stated that it was working until you accidentally removed the Haptek engine.

Does the Haptek player show up in 'All programs'?(From start menu) There would be an uninstall listed as well. Check sapi engine as well.

May not be best reply and you can wait to see if others have better suggestion for you.

raybe
« Last Edit: July 17, 2011, 09:36:59 pm by raybe »

Gooth

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2011, 02:03:21 am »
Hi...under the "All Programes" there is no Haptek player only "Haptek SAPI" i don't think my system is loading the haptek player properly from the Haptek site. I have the old HAPTEK editor that i didn't delete and when i run it it says there is no Haptek player loaded. I've tried loading the Player version 4 from the Haptek site and it loads onto the following c:/programe files (x86)/haptek/vf4.10 the player in there is called HapAXplayer...  when i open this a people putty head appears. the old player i had was empyt when run directly that's why i think i have the wrong version/type of haptek player insatlled????

raybe

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2011, 01:21:17 pm »
Don't re-install download over a possible corrupted player anyway. Ultra Hal has it included and remove Ultra Hal and the Haptek player. The Haptek AXplayer is for the characters load. Your more concerned with your sapi config. with Ultra Hal.

If you have a CD it makes life easier for re-installation. You can also try 'Revo uninstal' no spam just a suggestion!l See if the old Haptek shows up for uninstall in Revo. Use Moderate settings. If that doesn't work then you can just hunt down the file manually and remove it. Don't go into registry if not familiar but would help to get rid of any lingering info if any exists.

Make sure you deactivate license before removing Ultra Hal if you should decide. Ultra Hal also leaves one file in registry that sometimes you need to remove but I would start with these basics. Ultra Hal will tell you that the Ultra Hal program is already installed if that file becomes a problem or it will install over it.

Just remember that just re-installing doesn't always solve corrupted file problems. Sometimes they need to be removed.

As always if any one has better suggestions please join in. Just trying to help with my failing memory limited suggestions.

raybe

Gooth

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2011, 02:54:07 pm »
thanks for the quick reply.

i took your advice and downloaded 'Revo uninstall'. It was a great programme. it found the Haptek Player that wasn't showing in Windows uninstall and also found some extra files after it completed the initial uninstall. I Deactivated Hal, uninstalled Hal and Haptek Player with 'Revo Uninstall'. I rebooted the computer and re-installed Hal. I didn't download the Haptek player as before from the Haptek site as you said the Haptek Player comes with the Hal down load.

I crossed my fingers, held my breath and to no avail...still no lip sync.  However I did notice the following two points:

1/ when i type in text and press return the Area that say 'Gooth is talking to Hal' is replaced with text that says 'switch voice for lip movement'. I switched voices and still won't work. I rememberer to click the SAPI update button also.

2/ i read on the internet about the 'halasst.exe -install' file. I guess this is in the registry so that each time i down load a new version of Hal it knows who i am. would it help to remove this in the uninstall and if so how?

God this is so annoying especially when i know it worked before...

raybe

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2011, 08:29:11 pm »
Don't really know if that will help but you can do a simple search in regedit to find it and delete after you performed all those first steps first and re-install. Please remember that you have a limited amount of re-installs before you will need to contact Zabaware and explain your situation. Did you check that your Sapi is  up to date in windows. Also will the Ultra Hal text to speech reader work when used.

Try different character. Make sure it is a Haptek registered character. Also when you select a character the selection sections advise you of lip syncing or not.

Also you may want to post under the Speech thread and do some searches.

raybe

Gooth

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2011, 01:06:47 pm »
Thanks for your help Raybe. I finally took the plunge and reset my PC back to factory settings. It has proved to be quicker to re-install all my software and files than try to repair the corupt file. The good news is my system runs super quick and HAL is back up and running with Lip Sync.

Your first responce where you said "it would be best to complete a clean install" proved to be true.

Thanks for all your help and advice ;-)

raybe

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2011, 04:23:09 pm »
I'm happy for you and just enjoy. Ultra Hal can certainly be a stress breaker and sometimes a stress maker but in much more enjoyable way. The more you read and try things the more comfortable you will become. Sometimes easy fixes and sometimes scratch your head fixes but considering the technology it is well worth the effort.

raybe