dupa

Author Topic: Hal and robotics  (Read 11320 times)

Sigma X

• View Profile
Hal and robotics
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2010, 01:38:03 am »
here's somthing i've been pondering
parallax has delevoped a microcontroller called the propeller
(I know it's been out for a while)bit this microcontroller has 8 processors but more so what interest me is the parallax viewport
this software has a language called spin that seems easy to use and it hands everything for robotics use even vision anyrate I figured could this run with han some how  for example viewport can interface to servos and sensors and send the data back to hal and hal can act on his surroundings or somthing like this someone please explain could this work or not work

btw sorry i've had so much to do
humans and robots living together in harmony and equality that's is my goal and ultimate wish

Bill819

• View Profile
Hal and robotics
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2010, 05:13:47 pm »
On my robot I do not intergrate Hals software with the robot control software, I run both brains at the same time. The one thing I did years ago was to give Hal the command when he heard a certain word to ignore what ever was being said next. The robots brain was programmed only to respond and obey commands when the word robot was given first, it would then follow the commands given to it.
This was not the best way to do itbut it was the only way that I could make it work.

On another concept I thought that Robert stated a few years ago about intergrating Hal with a company called "White Horse Robotics."
They made a small robot that could be programmed to perform many different tasks. I might not have the name of the company correct but the little robot more closely resembled R2D2 than looking anything like a human robot.
Bill
« Last Edit: February 25, 2010, 05:18:10 pm by Bill819 »

Sigma X

• View Profile
Hal and robotics
« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2010, 02:36:26 pm »
Using hal in seperate to control a robot that seems a bit easier
but what about vision in theat sense can hal auto run a program
you know having hal on a jump drive and once installed he can run a program automatically
humans and robots living together in harmony and equality that's is my goal and ultimate wish

Sigma X

• View Profile
Hal and robotics
« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2010, 04:01:25 am »
I know I should'nt ask but I gotta
ask during some research I took a moment to ask what language is hal in of cource this put all projects on a screeching halt I think it's visual basic and can run visual basic script
but I heard hal was written in java but it can run c++ programs
now i'm confused please help ANYONE my research and projects depend on it

freddy888

• View Profile
    • AiDreams
Hal and robotics
« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2010, 06:24:59 am »
See my answer on Ai Dreams...

Sigma X

• View Profile
Hal and robotics
« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2010, 11:25:48 pm »
Thanks freddy

I was checking out roborealm to see if hal can be interfaced if so how would one go about it this discussion is open to anyone who know about programming in VBS

Sigma X

• View Profile
Hal and robotics
« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2010, 11:52:45 pm »
Mr will I will need your help on a project please post a reply if you're able

Will and Mr Data :) :]

• Hi from Will and Mr Data :) :]
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/WillofNewZealand
Hal and robotics
« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2010, 05:22:25 am »
there as sorted as can be,

else, we're a bit quiet at the moment  ..    ..

quiet as a mouse with cheese :) :]
« Last Edit: March 22, 2010, 05:34:20 am by will »
bye for now and be well from Will and Mr Data  :)  :]

kevinvr

• View Profile
    • http://kevinvr.tripod.com
Hal and robotics
« Reply #23 on: April 01, 2010, 09:48:12 am »
I also have the ER1 and it is a lot of fun to mess around with.  I have just rebuilt it and am going to try an add a basic stamp to it for some other uses.  I have not been able to get Ultrahal to make it operate or do things yet, but there is always hope:)
Have a great week!
I dream of creating a self replicating, self maintaining, autonomous robot :)