dupa

Author Topic: WHAT SOFTWARE sound system will lower music sound in music , etc ?  (Read 2577 times)

lightspeed

• View Profile
i am wondering from others who have made hal video's what software will lower music sound in a sound track that has singing ?
i just have right now audacity 1.3 free verson but i don't seem to be able to lower the music part so that singing is louder so i can use it to better sing in a video i want to make !
     I would be greatful to anyone who knows and is their a tutorial any where and if not it would be great if someone did make a tutorial on how to do it!

I would really like to know about this so i can know whats best or what i can maybe try to get to accomplish this . maybe theirs even a better freeware  software out their better then audacity ?
« Last Edit: December 10, 2011, 06:13:43 pm by lightspeed »

raybe

• View Profile
Re: WHAT SOFTWARE sound system will lower music sound in music , etc ?
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2011, 08:25:42 pm »
Sorry but I'm not really clear on what you need to do lightspeed. Not that I'm that familiar with all the newer digital processors that are available today, I'm old school trying to catch up again. But if it's to keep music at certain constant level, programs like Audacity I believe have some sort of limiter built in where if set correctly keeps the volume levels some what contained within a parameter and depending on the volume will compress the peaks and release them as set. So you want to keep a very fast release time as so not to get a breathing effect. But the members that do the uploaded videos probably know much more on what your trying to accomplish.

Just a quick thought but I apologize if I'm way off mark here. Thought I would try anyway.

raybe

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2011, 08:43:34 pm »
thanks raybe , with audacity i can raise the solo it makes voice louder but seems like misic in background gets just about as high to and what happens is that the mouth also moves with the music , it's on a sounds track of some music that i am doing or trying anyway. well maybe someone who knows for sure on here will let me know. thanks anyway .

tedathome

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2011, 11:54:42 pm »
Both WavePad Sound Editor and Audacity will silence selected portions of the track. You can then re-record from a saved copy with music turned down. This process is very slow and frustrating. Both softwares are free. After having processed a few tunes, I tried the "voice only" to make oggs in people putty. What I got was not ready for prime time, though not all that bad. They really needed to be fine tuned in the Ogg Factory were you can also put the two tracks back together using phoneme that was generated from voice and not music.   Unscrambling eggs is neither easy or cheap. Good luck to you!
ted

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2011, 07:26:39 pm »
well as i had told ted before , i used audacity and found a song with light music in the back ground then i copied the song and went part by part and amplified the part where the woman sang and did this all through the song , keeping the amplification the same (or tried to) the song cam out pretty well i used camtasia and video taped it and am as i speak uploading it to my youtube account , will send a link when it gets done (if their is no upload problems ) it's 1.11 gb in size . :)
when its available i'll post it in the share video's conversations area of this forum!