dupa

Author Topic: Focus##.brn  (Read 2647 times)

Smokey

• View Profile
Focus##.brn
« on: August 29, 2004, 11:48:26 am »
In the Gneius 8b brain there are several Focus brn files from test userers.  It seems logical that I should be able to take the data from those files and combine them into a larger Focus.brn.  Does this sound correct.  My purpose is to lower the number of files and perhaps help speed up the thniking process for Hal.  Comments?

Smokey
Smokey

Rich_A

• View Profile
Focus##.brn
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2004, 12:52:33 pm »
Hello Smokey,
That is a very interesting idea, however, in general, usually having multiple small files allows for a faster search time as opposed to one big file with all the same data, especially when searching for topics. This is one reason why Hal is designed the way that he is designed. I never worked with the Genius 8b brain, but I would also think that there are different focus brain files because they each contain different focus topics and they are being indexed as part of the search process, which in turn speeds up the whole thought process of Hal. You can of course try to do what you are suggesting just to see what happens. You can modify the entire focus brain setup to whatever way you want and you can also add in your own topic focus files as well. You can email me if you want to further explore your idea of consolidating the focus brain files.
Best Regards,
Rich_A
ricramo@netscape.com