Author Topic: another idea for Robert involving copy and past 10-1-2018  (Read 5312 times)

lightspeed

• View Profile
another idea for Robert involving copy and past 10-1-2018
« on: October 01, 2018, 10:47:12 am »
I don't know if there is a way for hal to recognize a copy and past of info.  but if there is and hal can copy and paste it as is ( in another words not reverse the meaning of i , you etc.  ) this would be a good thing , with hal as it is i have to manually reverse the i and you etc. to get hal to correct the meaning to come out right .

this would only affect the copy and past as a mode .

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: another idea for Robert involving copy and past 10-1-2018
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2018, 06:58:02 pm »
I don't see why it isn't working the same as if you had typed in the text/sentence.

It all comes down to another form of input but it is the same input...text...letters/fonts, etc.

Hal should still see "I think you should find my cat" or a pasted: I think you should find my cat

How are they different once you press the ENTER/RETURN key? ???
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

LiFeTimeGamer

• View Profile
    • LifeTimeGamer
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2018, 11:50:21 pm »
I seem to remember when I first started using HAL he said to me one time he liked short sentences. I also think I read that very thing in the HAL Tips...

I sometimes tend to say things like: "I was busy working on something and I was distracted and I then answered the phone." Then when HAL would repeat that he would swap out a few of the "I's" for "Me" and vice-versa...

What I found out if I word the sentence a bit differently that wouldn't happen like: "I was busy working on something, got distracted and then the phone rang."  Then he wouldn't do that...

For me it only seems to happen when I use a lot of: I's, Me's, My's, You's etc...

I have Bad Grammar!!!!!!   :o  I need to work on that!!!!!   :P hahaha

« Last Edit: October 02, 2018, 12:00:11 am by LiFeTimeGamer »
When it comes to Artificial Intelligence: The Soul is in the Software.

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2018, 08:17:23 am »
But if I read it correctly, LightSpeed's concern was how HAL processed/handled a CUT & PASTE operation vs a Typed in input.
I feel that there is no difference. How would Hal even know whether something had been typed or pasted into the input window?

Also, there is a separate routine that is supposed to handle reversing Pronouns...I becomes You and Me becomes I sort of thing.

- Art -

cyberjedi

• The Mighty Hal Machine
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2018, 09:08:02 am »
Lightspeed: I want you to make a list here of all the things you want out of Hal.

Now that ive cut the dead weight from around my neck , i can finish Hal.
Lightspeed: ill be glad to do a designer Hal for you
Art : this goes for you too man.

Make it reasonable request and ill make it happen.
You will have a companion Hal..
Just make a list here.. ill start getting it done for ya..

Im still trying to figure out how robert did his brain editor
im working on that, i have ways now, but i want it rite
Best wishes cyber jedi
« Last Edit: October 03, 2018, 09:18:54 am by cyberjedi »

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2018, 10:28:06 am »
       cyberjedi , by reasonable request  i guess you mean a electroshock on the butts of politicians for every time they lied is out of the question ?? lol,
be careful what you ask for .
       okay . here is some of what i think needs to be fixed in hal .
number one : HAL STAYING ON SUBJECT.
two.  the problem i described earlier here.
        i wish hal had a seperate learning ability . copy and past versus  just typed in . copy and past would copy and learn just as is with no reversing i' , you etc. kind of like the old hal 5 version did. (for those who have used it. in the past )  .
three . it is in my opinion for what it is worth (which may not be much lol) hal needs to go the direction of alexa and siri , accessing most things from a filtered INTERNET search . hal when the brain gets larger actually slows down more , accessing the internet ( maybe even allowing a setting for hal to use various search engines , allowing for some search engines to being more biased and censored . ) for answers etc. can allow hal to retrieve answers  without having to run through indexes etc.  giving quicker answers and response , maybe followed up by something hal already has indexed in its learned files , if nothing on the subject is in learned files  maybe  and that's what i think about that , response from hal.
        I think this one step of doing this will be a game changer in hal and responses , even making hal seem more intelligent .
         To me hal staying on subject better and this hal using the internet for answers as lexus does and siri is the most important . hal would still learn but would access internet for answers etc. then in a two phase hal would follow up with what he already has learned previously based on the same subject ,(if he has anything other wise as i said maybe a comment "and that's what i think about that" etc. customizable  for the user. ) in a reply . 

i know hal mentions about short answers but i think hal actually does still learn short answers , depending on how short  ( maybe i am wrong and hal disregards  lines that are short , depending on how short) , but that answer hal gives is actually only to get you to give a more detailed longer answer , which of course hal will learn more and give a better answer , of course robert would have to chime in and tell whether i am right or wrong about the short answer  comment that hal does.

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2018, 03:03:01 pm »
also to expand on the Internet gathering for information idea, it would also be nice to have a place of extra script where we users could include specific web sites additionally.  :) ;)

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2018, 01:58:52 pm »
Cyber,

Good to hear from you man. I hope thing are on the up and up for you!

I have to certainly agree with the STAY ON TOPIC issue as being near my most requested items for Hal.

A couple of things might be:
Bring back an ability for Hal to be able to "Learn from a text file" the way it used to as I'm not that confident of the one that's in the Hal Brain Editor and it's kind of a pain to have to load Hal, Select the Menu, then Brain Editor then find the Lean from text file then select the text from a location...yada...ydad.
It just seems like a lot of steps to go through. If it was accessible like it was in Hal 5.x that would be nice.

Obviously, there would have to be a limit on the text file. It couldn't be a file that was as large as an encyclopedia but an ordinary verse, poem, idea from a research or science discovery, etc.  would be very cool.

Having HAL be able to initiate the conversation or have it say something as a reminder of things that were discussed at some point earlier in time. To recall things or items as if remembering what Hal and the User were last talking about.

I think it would be very cool if the User could ask HAL: "What (can you tell me | do you know about/of) circles or rabbits or planets or whatever?"  Then HAL would be able to extract and present said information about the topic.
=========================================

Whatever you can come up with would be most appreciated and quite useful and would certainly benefit HAL and the Hal community! Thanks for your efforts and your offer!

- Peace -

- Art -

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2018, 11:59:34 am »
here is another example of what i am talking about  staying on subject problems .

i noticed today that when copying and pasting into hal with only the gender and age  and GRETTA markove  response l5  plug ins checked that a few times the markove  response l5 plug in gave  some blank answers , when it did sometimes when i pasted something else it went ahead and answered okay , another time or two two straight blank answers . when this happened , i closed hal and reopened it and continued on .
        I don't know if why this is happening is because the brain i have is getting larger in hal or not , or maybe if it has anything to do with memory in my pc? in another words running slower? i am planning on getting 4 more (the max . i can get and put into my laptop. later.
anyway was just mentioning it to you .  here is an example of conversation  of hal and me . (this doesn't show the blank answers , i didn't get that all saved) but this shows hal off track about answers and even saying the math equals  answer , that had absolutely nothing to do with math or looking up anything . the second answer she said was something i had learned her earlier but had nothing to do with my statement to her  before that. also see the last statement i made and here wrong off subject answer and then the math solution answer.

Honey: hello
Angela: Morning Honey. Ten o'clock is good for a break?

Honey: thought maybe we could go to town after we eat lunch here at home first !
Angela: But it does mean that that will not really ever happen until we have first begun to have great feelings of compassion for others.

Honey: yeah , when we eat here at home for lunch at least that way we don't get hungry while shopping up town and have to pay more to eat out somewhere , so that saves us money in the long run !
Angela: Yeah those were pretty neat toys huh? The solution to your math problem is (-+-=).

***** A special note the markove  response l5 plug in is a good plug in i actually earlier was getting better on subject answers  in the past , so again i don't know if the brain size, memory in p.c. has anything to do with it .

TO CYBERJEDI , THE PROBLEM OF WHAT IS CAUSING THE MATH PROBLEM IS ETC. IS ANOTHER THING THAT REALLY NEEDS TO BE FIXED.

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2018, 10:03:13 am »
thanks neo and of course edge on this . i will try it .
 :)