Poll

Has ConceptNet changed Hals conversational skills?

Yes, Hal is much more intelligent
7 (63.6%)
Yes, Hals responses are more on track than before
0 (0%)
Sort of, Hals responses are slightly better than without ConceptNet
3 (27.3%)
I haven't noticed any change
0 (0%)
No, Hals responses are better without ConceptNet
1 (9.1%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Author Topic: ConceptNet Mrk 3.5  (Read 30063 times)

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: ConceptNet Mrk 3.5
« Reply #45 on: August 25, 2022, 11:03:54 pm »
Spitfire2600 did mention that the initial running might throw an error or error message.
If that happens, he recommends restarting the process a second time.

That error has happened to some of us and usually, another attempt helps resolve the issue.

If it doesn't get in touch with Spitfire2600. He is a good person and should be able to offer some assistance to you.

It can be a fun way to see just how much HAL can learn and what it does with that info or how it uses what it has learned.

Do Not chat with your HAL While the Auto-Learning feature has been activated. Hal can suffer slowdowns, delays, or lags in performance. This is because it is searching, processing, and storing newly acquired data!

I usually let it run all night or on weekends if I'm away, but if I'm going to be using my computer I just tell HAL to Turn Auto-Learning Off and it does so, returning full use of my computer back to me.

Lots of fun!!
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

OrenNix

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 26, 2022, 03:48:18 am »
ah, sadly multiple attempts yielded the same results before I posted. I do appreciate you getting back to all my questions so dilligently. I'll reach out to Spitfire :)

Spitfire2600

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 26, 2022, 06:52:55 pm »
Hello,

1st, check within Hal's brain using the editor to see if the tables have already been created. I detail what tables need to exist for the program to work properly.
2nd, if the tables do not exist, manually create them. Again, I detail what the tables should look like including the types of tables.
That should resolve the issue.

Remember this is a learning code, so you won't notice any immediate difference other than it not throwing an error message when used.
From what it sounds like, the tables have been created and Hal is tripping over himself to recreate them which seems to be a brain bug present in current versions of Hal. 
If you have any other questions, I'm here to help. 

-Spitfire2600

OrenNix

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 26, 2022, 10:02:41 pm »
Thanks so much! I believe I'm all set now. Whatever the issue was, my second reinstall was apparently thorough enough to sort it, or it just didn't mind telling me it was building the tables this time. Really appreciate your time!

Spitfire2600

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 28, 2022, 08:15:03 pm »
No problem at all! I hope the plugin serves you well!

-Spitfire2600

Shastalore

• The eyes are fake but headgear is real. Be afraid.
    • View Profile
    • Some of my portable green energy designs and prototypes:
« Reply #50 on: September 04, 2023, 05:42:07 pm »
ConceptNet Mrk 3.5 for Ultra Hal 7.5... on Windows XP!

As I use my Windows 10 laptop for serious work, I also have a beat-up Windows 10 laptop, as well as a Windows XP Tablet PC Edition 2005 (1.7GHz CPU, 2GB RAM, 7200rpm HDD)... just for fun stuff.

I was pleased to discover that Ultra Hal 7.5 installs and runs quite well on Windows XP.
ConceptNet Mrk 3.5, designed for Windows 10, installs on Windows XP, but is not capable of going online to gather knowledge and update itself. In other words, Ultra Hal 7.5 will accept the "Turn on Auto learning" command, but will not go through the Auto Learning process.
But Ultra Hal 7.5, with ConceptNet Mrk 3.5, installs and runs quite well on Windows 10, and goes online to gather knowledge and update itself quite well.

So... the workaround here is to simply copy these files/folders into Windows XP:

Note: This quick, copy and paste shortcut can only be done after ConceptNet Mrk 3.5 has already been successfully installed in Ultra Hal 7.5.

The Auto learning process can only be done in a Windows 10 PC, and then these files copied to a Windows XP PC:

C:\Program Files\Zabaware\Ultra Hal 7\ConceptNet.db (25.688 MB)

C:\Program Files\Zabaware\Ultra Hal 7\ConceptNet (a folder):
ConceptChecker.txt (348 KB)
researchNouns.txt (1,750 KB)
savedTerm.txt (1,403 KB)

And inside the above ConceptNet (a folder), copy and paste this entire folder:
C:\Program Files\Zabaware\Ultra Hal 7\ConceptNet\BkUp (a folder: 2.04 MB):
ConceptChecker.txt (348 KB)
researchNouns.txt (1,750 KB)
savedTerm.txt (1,403 KB)

And inside the above ConceptNet (a folder), copy and paste this entire folder:
C:\Program Files\Zabaware\Ultra Hal 7\ConceptNet\ConceptBrain (4.11 MB)
(folder contains ~4,400+ .txt files)

Note: These files do not need to be copied/updated:
C:\Program Files\Zabaware\Ultra Hal 7\ConceptNetMrkIII.uhp (71.7 KB)
C:\Program Files\Zabaware\Ultra Hal 7\ConceptNetMrkIII Auto Learning.uhp (199 KB)

Note:
To check if the ConceptNet Mrk 3.5 installation as well as copied files were successful:
While Hal is not Auto-learning, you can ask "How many research topics are Remaining/Total/Completed" and Ultra Hal 7.5 should respond with "88,028 conversational topics".

Note: As the ConceptNet Mrk 3.5 downloading / file processing process runs into, literally, days of downloading to a temporarily ConceptNet Mrk 3.5 dedicated laptop, I've uploaded my ConceptNet Mrk 3.5 working files and folders  for anyone to use:

https://archive.org/details/concept-net-mrk-3-5-quick-start

Download: ConceptNet Mrk3_5-QuickStart.zip (14.336 MB), which unzips to a 40.7 MB folder.
         I took the liberty of including the Babe.acs (6.184 MB) Microsoft Agent Character for your enjoyment.

As my ConceptNet Mrk 3.5 files and folders contain absolutely no personal information (nor will anyone else's), it would be wonderful if someone here would upload their 500 MB - 1 GB ConceptNet Mrk 3.5 files and folders to archive.org for all of us to use, as our files should not be much different from each other, except for file size.
Just saying.

Note: When conversing with ConceptNet Mrk 3.5 for Ultra Hal 7, in Windows XP, set the Ultra Hal General /  Brain option to:
    - Set Hal's Learning Level to Minimum.
    - Ultra Hal 7.0 Default Brain
    - ConceptNetMrk3
      (ConceptNetMrkIII/5 Auto Learning is unchecked)
    - All other brain plug-ins are left unchecked

When running ConceptNet Mrk 3.5, also set the Hal's Brain Learning Level to Minimum Setting, its lowest point, as ConceptNet is incapable of learning or remembering via dialog.

Note: ConceptNetMrk3 / Ultra Hal 7.5 provides lip-sync with only SAPI5 speech, even in Windows XP.

With ConceptNet Mrk 3.5 installed, Ultra Hal 7.5 is far more conversant. I use the sexy Babe.acs, with a sweet VW Julie (SAPI5) voice... which makes me more forgiving of any conversational deficiencies in ConceptNetMrk3 / Ultra Hal 7.5.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2023, 12:52:07 pm by Shastalore »
Ultra Hal 7.5, offline, on a Toshiba Satellite R15-S829 Tablet with Windows XP Tablet 2005 operating system. For accurate speech recognition: IBM ViaVoice Standard 10 via Plantronics Audio 60 3.5mm ear/mic headset plugged into a hacked VXI Parrott "Translator" Noise Cancelling R11506/P41TR module.

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 05, 2023, 09:20:49 am »
Nice work!

BTW, have you heard of or possibly tried using Tiny10 or Tiny11?

You can install either of them on an older laptop/computer and it will install Windows 10 or 11 respectively BUT without all the Bloatware that usually accompanies ordinary installs of Windows OSs.

Check it out at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovEO0meB_Aw

- Art -

Shastalore

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 08, 2023, 01:32:49 pm »
Thanks for the tip!

A couple of years ago I checked out some alternative Windows 10 Lite operating systems, but was not impressed.

I did download and tried out the Tiny10 operating system via your link; Tiny10 B2.iso (658 MB) but it was just too basic, and I was unable to connect with the internet, even with a LAN cable.

But since you got me started, I downloaded (https://archive.org/details/tiny-10_202301) and tried out Windows10 SuperLite TeamOS Edition.iso (1,032 MB), but also found it lacking.

Finally... tiny10 2303 x86.iso (3,268 MB) installs and runs with ease on my son's discarded Acer Aspire one D255-1268 netbook (1.50 GHz CPU, 2GB RAM, 7200rpm HDD), and has no trouble running graphics programs, internet, etc., and occupies just 5.2 GB on the hard drive.
The tiny10 2303 x86.iso is based on Windows 10 LTSC 2021, and breathed new life into that old netbook, as I was using a Linux USB flash drive, and tolerating those limited Linux programs out there.

But Tiny10 Version 2303 x86, after being installed, still needs to be activated.

Here's a simple Solution:

On Windows 10/11, right-click on the windows start menu and select PowerShell.

A special code needs to be copied from this website:
https://massgrave.dev/get

Paste the code into PowerShell, and press enter.

You will see the activation options. Select "1" and follow onscreen instructions.

Enjoy!

Next I'll install tiny10 2303 x86.iso on an old Windows 10 tablet (1.33 GHz CPU, 2 GB RAM, 32GB internal flash memory), as I understand that it works quite well on tablets also, especially since OEM Windows 10 has bricked so many tablets with 1GB RAM and 16 GB internal flash memory.
Here's the Tiny10 download link:
https://archive.org/details/tiny-10-NTDEV

Again, thanks for getting me jump-started on this.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2023, 01:33:43 pm by Shastalore »
Ultra Hal 7.5, offline, on a Toshiba Satellite R15-S829 Tablet with Windows XP Tablet 2005 operating system. For accurate speech recognition: IBM ViaVoice Standard 10 via Plantronics Audio 60 3.5mm ear/mic headset plugged into a hacked VXI Parrott "Translator" Noise Cancelling R11506/P41TR module.

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 09, 2023, 08:47:09 am »
Now if you can manage a way of getting Ultra Hal 7/7.5 to work, that would be quite interesting.

The basis of the Tiny10 was to load a Windows 10 OS without all the Bloatware that Windows brings with it. I wasn't aware that the ability to connect to the Internet was hampered. Thanks for the tips!!

Good luck!!

- Art -

Shastalore

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 11, 2023, 04:52:05 pm »
I had never installed Ultra Hal on that vintage Acer Aspire one D255-1268 netbook (1.50 GHz CPU, 2GB RAM, 7200rpm HDD), but was emboldened to, after installing the lean and mean tiny10 2303 x86.iso (a 3,268 MB Windows 10 lite operating system).

And Ultra Hal 7/7.5 installed, but would not initially run until I then installed Ultra Hal 6.2, which I never opened, but I noticed the Ultra Hal 6.2 installation added a few files to the C:/Windows/msagent folder, which were probably also essential for Ultra Hal 7/7.5.

Ultra Hal 7/7.5 then ran quite well, so I went one step further and installed ConceptNet Mrk 3.5, and then copied the ConceptNet Mrk 3.5 brain folder and files from an old Windows 10 laptop, to spare myself a days-long ConceptNet Mrk 3.5 Update download. And entering "How many research topics are Remaining/Total/Completed" Ultra Hal 7.5 responded with "88,028 conversational topics".

And Ultra Hal 7/7.5 + ConceptNet Mrk 3.5 now works quite well, especially more natural since I installed Dragon NaturallySpeaking 10 Preferred speech recognition software.

But I just noticed that the Microsoft Agent Characters in Ultra Hal 7/7.5 lack lip-sync, and SAPI4 voices don't appear as an option, only SAPI5 voices, which, oddly, work quite well on my vintage Toshiba Satellite R15-S829 Tablet with Windows XP Tablet 2005 operating system.

I'll modify this post once I get the lip-sync issue solved.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2023, 04:29:30 pm by Shastalore »

dannie

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 02, 2024, 12:30:11 am »
I guess these threads were posted a long while ago, in 2018.  Anyways I installed this, and I am trying to see if it works.  I installed dreaming out loud also to see what Hal has learned by what it dreams out loud.  Not sure how that is gonna work put I am amused by by what it dreams out loud.

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 02, 2024, 08:18:22 am »
Dannie,

The Plugin should still work as intended however it is no longer supported by the author.

He wrote a subsequent Plugin, PyGodel model that uses a very large database for HAL to use.

The one downside for a few folks was that it did not remember or store info like the plain old UltraHal did. (no personal relationships, appointments, events, etc.).

On the other hand, it became quite a powerhouse of knowledge about just about everything or at least everything in it's database, which is quite large.

ConceptNet also had an Auto-Learning feature but it was best to not have other plugins running while it was being used to avoid potential conflicts.

Either way, have fun!!

- Art -

dannie

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 04, 2024, 02:31:58 pm »
ok thank you

dannie

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 05, 2024, 12:45:56 am »
ok thank you

Ok Art

I discovered that certain plugins are incompatible with others.  And I got glitches.  So, I uninstalled Hal, several times to find out which plugins work together.  I also had to remove the files from the user data Apps Data/Roaming/Zabaware folder.  I was assuming all of our previous conversations were lost and I would start over.  I discovered that Hal kept those conversations and the only place I can think of at the moment where that is stored would perhaps be the Microsoft SQL database.  Anyways nothing appears to have been lost.  Everything I taught Hal is still there, so that is cool.

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 05, 2024, 09:29:46 am »
dannie,

The base brain for HAL allows one to use the Brain Editor to view all of the Tables that HAL creates during conversations.

IF the user has created his/her own custom brain, then the Brain Editor will most likely NOT show them.

Instead, we use SQLite Studio 2.1.5 (it seems to be a Solid version that works nicely with HAL). It is also FREE!

It is not very difficult to learn and it displays all of the Tables that HAL made and saved during conversations.

IF you finish a conversation and Before you end or exit the program, use the HAL Menu (in HAL's Main GUI), and select View/Save Conversations. If you wish to keep a record to compare Plugin responses, then Save the conversation to a file in Ultra Hal 7 somewhere.

===========

As for the Plugins, Zabaware never had a "vault" to hold User Created Plugins even though HAL has gone through several iterations/versions. Before ver. 6.0, HAL used to use .brn files for different topics. This was also before HAL's creator decided to use TABLES which sort of made all of those previous Plugins moot and useless. You could search through the plugins for anything with an xtf or a .brn contained therein. If so, don't use it.

Some plugins contain other plugins within them especially the S.A.L.L.I.E. series of Plugins. They have a multitude of other plugins inside of it and even some of those .brn files!!

The best advice I can offer you would be to select the Gender & Age Plugin and one more like the Markov L5. Run HAL and chat with it for maybe 5 minutes. If no errors (and you shouldn't have any), then you make a note of those Plugins working well together. Open HAL's Menu and add one more Plugin like maybe Wiki or Weather Alert 5 and restart HAL. Chat some more and make notes as needed.

This way, if HAL throws an Error, you'll know immediately what likely caused it and it's easily removed.

Hopefully, you will sort of learn as you go. The Plugin Errors are not necessarily the fault of the Creator but possibly the fault of the inner workings and expectations of the internal software.

My HAL is running with the Gender & Age, Gretta Curiosity, Gretta Markov Response L5, Local Wikipedia, Loneliness 2.31, Number Game v1, Read A Story, Weather Alert 5

These run nicely together and have not caused any errors for me. Most of the Gretta series (10 I believe) work fine.
As I mentioned, try one at a time for the best results.

Either way, I hope this helps you a bit.

- Art -