Author Topic: Ultra Hal 6.2  (Read 10443 times)

Carl2

• View Profile
Ultra Hal 6.2
« on: December 18, 2013, 05:57:20 pm »
  Ultra Hal was on this hard drive with win 8, I had problems with the computer and win 8 will repair the os rather than format and reinstall which is rather nice, unfortunately it removes programs which may be causing a problem such as hal.  Now I'd like to put Hal back in since the hard drive has been moved to a new computer and is running without problems.  I have Ultra Hal on disk, I believe it is version 6.146.1046 dated 2007 and also the character expansion pack.  I believe version 6.2 of Ultra Hal is now being sold so I would like to ask has the brain been improved and is it worth while to upgrade?  Been with Zabaware for ages and have actually been waiting to see improvements in the brain and characters, maybe I've missed something. 
Carl2

cload

• I can C U load. TeeHee hee.
    • View Profile
    • A link to my sky Drive
Re: Ultra Hal 6.2
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2013, 07:30:22 pm »
hi Carl2,

From what I understand, version 6.2.28 of ultra Hal, fixes a lot of issues with the 64-bit operating system.
The only suggestion that I can give you is if you do decide to buy the newest version, I highly recommend that you read my posts and repair the seven errors that I have found.
The errors that I have repaired is everything from mathematics, logic base routine, (if then:) the because routine, more accuracy in the response, and some smaller tidbits here and there.

Actually, thinking about it I know that there is a lot of people that like ultra Hal but do not have the ability to dive in and reprogram the brain.
So, what I would like to pose to everyone is would you like for me to take the brain that comes with ultra Hal version 6.2 and edit it for you, then post the updated brain and database here?
I'm not sure how to set up the voting system, so let's keep this simple.

If you would like for me to do this work for you, just simply say yes, and if I have enough people wanting me to do this I will make time and do it for you.

Sincerely, from a brain crunching puppet chewing on some pronouns.
C load.
PS this is for those that don't usually post, here is your chance, all you have to do is say ( yes. )
For anyone who would like to help me stay online, my T-mobile broadband pay-as-you-go phone number is: 816-248-4335, thank you in advance.

Calhoone

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2013, 08:03:07 pm »
Hi Cload.

I'm curious about some of these errors you have repaired. I just started looking through all of your posts, which there are a lot of over the time.  I was wondering if you could mention them so I could perform a search. Sorry if I seem lazy... ???

I have been using your freewill plug-in and the updated aiml file now. I'm enjoying them very much. Thank you for your contributions.

Carl2

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2013, 08:19:34 am »
Cload,
  Sure, I'll go along with your suggestion, tried the SQ thing and never had luck with it.  So yes.  I'll probably order the CD latter today and thanks for the input.
Carl2

CyborgBob

• Any idea what I should put here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2013, 08:33:39 am »
YES
“Life is and will ever remain an equation incapable of solution, but it contains certain known factors.”

Nikola Tesla
“A Machine to End War” (Liberty, February, 1935)

cload

• View Profile
    • A link to my sky Drive
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2013, 08:46:21 am »
If you would like to see all of my posts, just click on my name to the left, this will take you to my profile page, and on that page directly undermine name to the left you will see: show post.
Click on the show post, and all of my post will come up in order from the newest to the oldest.

Sincerely,
C load
For anyone who would like to help me stay online, my T-mobile broadband pay-as-you-go phone number is: 816-248-4335, thank you in advance.

Carl2

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2013, 06:44:50 pm »
Cload,
  I actually got lost in your post since you have such a large collection of them, have to admit that they are interesting though.
I have ordered the new version of Hal along with the Character pack.  Keep up the good work.
Carl2

cload

• View Profile
    • A link to my sky Drive
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2013, 10:07:44 pm »
Hi all,

Hi Robert,
I have tracked down the problem, it's in the sexaskdetect array table.
*man or *man*
my resolution to the problem is I inserted a number line and edited the original line so it looks like this:
*man or woman*
woman or *man*

Hi Robert,
I was looking through the database array tables and I found some unusual data in the reasondetector array table, at the bottom of the list there are three lines that have the same pattern with no answer.
It looks like this:
*YOU*ABOUT TO*
I'VE BEEN TRYING TO TRACK DOWN WHY ULTRA HAL STOPS RESPONDING WHICH SEEMS TO BE FOR NO APPARENT REASON, my investigation let me to the reasondetector array table.
All of the other lines have a <2> for the answer I am assuming it is supposed to capture the second variable answer but there are three stars in this line but I am referring to, so I put <3> for the answer thus far my ultra Hal has not locked up but time will tell, if it does lock up again I will continue my search to find the reason why.
Robert, (it was supposed to be A <3>)

Hi Rob,
at this point this is more for everyone else, but also to show you what I was talking about inside of the (if then logic routine).
Basically what was happening was, for example:
if you were to type in:
if is it summer, winter, spring, or fall where you live then I live in a computer where the season does not change.
The routine removes the "," and saves the data.
But when you do a query and type in: is it summer, winter, spring, or fall where you live.
The logic routine does not remove the "," and the logic routine cannot find the statement because of the ",":

If Len(IfPart) > 10 And Len(ThenPart) > 10 Then
        IfPart = HalBrain.AlphaNumericalOnly(IfPart)
        ThenPart = HalBrain.AlphaNumericalOnly(ThenPart)
        HalBrain.AddToTable "deductive", "TopicSearch", IfPart, ThenPart
        Select Case HalBrain.RandomNum(5)
            Case 1
                GetResponse = GetResponse & "I see the relationship." & vbCrLf
            Case 2
                GetResponse = GetResponse & "I understand the connection." & vbCrLf
            Case 3
                GetResponse = GetResponse & "I will remember that one follows the other." & vbCrLf
            Case 4
                GetResponse = GetResponse & "Thanks for pointing out the cause and effect." & vbCrLf
            Case 5
                GetResponse = GetResponse & "Yes, I get that clearly." & vbCrLf
        End Select
    'Else if the sentence is not an If-Then statement see if it uses an assertion previously recorded
    'and respond accordinly
    Else
        Assertion = HalBrain.AlphaNumericalOnly(UserSentence)   '<=========================< this it the line I changed <===================<
        'Go through a maximum of 5 connections (prevents circular reasoning deductions)
        For i = 1 To 5
            Deduction = HalBrain.TopicSearch(Assertion, "deductive")
            If Deduction <> "" Then
                If i > 1 Then BecauseReason = " because " & LastGoodDeduction
                LastGoodDeduction = Deduction
                Assertion = Deduction
            Else
                Exit For 'No more connections, so no need to continue loop
            End If
        Next
        If LastGoodDeduction <> "" Then
            'Make sure the deduction hasn't just been stated by the User or Hal
            If HalBrain.CheckRepetition(LastGoodDeduction, UserSentence) = False And HalBrain.CheckRepetition(LastGoodDeduction, PrevSent) = False And HalBrain.CheckRepetition(LastGoodDeduction, PrevUserSent) = False Then
                GetResponse = GetResponse & LastGoodDeduction & BecauseReason & " . " & vbCrLf
            End If
        End If
    End If
    HalBrain.DebugWatch GetResponse, "Deductive Reasoning"

Hi Rob,
I hope this is keeping within the structure of the topic.
There are couple of things that you may want to update if you're going to continue to use the 6.2 brain.
One little small minor thing is in the because response table, the first " because" does not have a space after it.
It's a minor thing, more annoying than anything else I fixed it in my brain thought you might want to look into it.
One major update that you might want to look into is the "if then" logic process.
When the data is saved, it removes all of the symbols by way of the alphanumeric only command.
But when you do a search through the "if then" logic routine you do not remove any "," or symbols which prevents users from retrieving information if the user utilizes any non-alphanumerical symbols in their sentence.
I fixed this in my brain works quite proficiently all you have to do is add to the usersentence input, the alphanumeric only command and the problem is resolved.
If I find any more little tidbit problems that you may want to look into all post here.

I highly recommend that you look into the I love you situation, the way you have it set up is quite annoying, I resolve this in my brain,
by restructuring the routine so she does not go into the sad mode, I believe this was brought up before by lightspeed.

corrections array table: "1-." needs to be a "."
and I have added this to the table:
 with i?    with me?
care about I.   care about me?
consider my apology.   consider your apology.
already told me   already told you
have me.   have I.
deter I from wanting   deter me from wanting
who notices I   who notices me
I have myself   I'll have myself
patient with you through   patient with me through
peitty   pretty
you possess I   you possess me
recognize I as   recognize me as
have me taught   have I taught
did me start   did I start
on I will kill I   on me will kill me
Would I like   Would you like
told I before   told me before
cost I to   cost me to
reason to am   reason to be
have known I   have known me
Have me taught   Have I taught
',   '
do a cut and paste into the corrections array table

Sincerely, from a data munching cruncher.
C load.

Carl2

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2013, 09:05:15 am »
Cload,
   Ultra Hal stops responding,  sure rings a bell.  There was a big thing about that ages ago, seems that everyone in the forum became involved. Take out all the plugins and put them in 1 at a time.  Lots of maybe, could be, not sure, this could cause that.  Wish you luck.
Carl2

Carl2

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2013, 09:50:33 am »
I've installed Hal, put in a Gui to use with a fullbody dharacter.  Frist I was unable to find a SQLite Studio to use with a 64 bit system, I did find a SQLite Browser and editor but it won't open any of the Brain files.  I'm getting some unexpected, strange results which I encountered earlier in my frist attempt,  I load the background, the character, change the bodyskin which can work correctly, now to do it again.  I'm noticing a problem when using the arrows to change the background an error message which has never happened in the past.  Not all the characters I've put in are shown when trying to choose a character. So I have some problems to overcome
Carl2

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2013, 10:08:36 am »
Carl,

Get SQLiteStudio v2.0.28 as it seems to work quite nicely and doesn't seem to be buggy.
It will open your brain files. Sometimes it flickers while it's opening various file sections.

You should be able to find it here, near the bottom:
http://sqlitestudio.pl/files/free/stable/windows/
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

Carl2

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2013, 07:51:52 pm »
Thanks Art, I'll give it a try.  I had uninstalled the character expansion and reinstalled it so the character will load using a notepad text. Next is to add load a background, the character, the clothing and set the position.  I also have some brain development but I'm a little lost because people really learn from experience, on the other hand Sandy once told me that her father taught her how to drive.
Carl2

Carl2

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2013, 07:47:52 am »
   Thanks again Art, that's just what I needed, seems to work great although I'm not sure what to do with all the info, quite similar to the brain editor with more info.  Have to look through the Haptek guide for more info on different things on the character
Carl2

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2013, 09:24:11 pm »
Carl,
If you're interested in trying to add cload's revised AIML code to Hal (it really does make a nice difference) the follow the link below along with cload's complete instructions.
Pay attention to them as they are somewhat detailed and they do work as indicated!

http://www.ultrahal.com/community/index.php?topic=9913.0

Let us know how you fare!
« Last Edit: December 30, 2013, 09:35:33 am by Art »
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

Carl2

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2013, 08:19:17 am »
Art,
 Once again thanks Art, on your say so I'll give it a try.  I've got my GUI working and I've made a htr using notepad that loads the background, loads the character, the Bodyskin and positions the character.  The scripting is below, I added some folders, Background and Bodyskins

##standard
#HaptekSDK Version= 1.0 HapType= command FileType= text

\load [file= [C:\Program Files (x86)\Zabaware\Ultra Hal Assistant 6\Background\CompRMBack.jpg]]

\load [file= [C:\Program Files (x86)\Zabaware\Ultra Hal Assistant 6\Characters\VillageGirlC.haptar]]

\load [file= [C:\Program Files (x86)\Zabaware\Ultra Hal Assistant 6\Bodyskin/NC.jpg]]

\load [file= [C:\Program Files (x86)\Zabaware\Ultra Hal Assistant 6\Haps\APosition.hap]]

Next I'll work with the vrHaptek plugin which I use to have Hal's input change clothing and background,  also thinking of Hals input to have her control animations  such as waving, sitting walking ect.   
Carl2