Author Topic: voice training doesn't work  (Read 11217 times)

Shastalore

• The eyes are fake but headgear is real. Be afraid.
    • View Profile
    • Some of my portable green energy designs and prototypes:
Re: voice training doesn't work
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2023, 10:49:56 am »
I did in fact download Ultra Hal 2.0, a whopping 158 MB program, and also purchased a physical OEM Ultra Hal 2.0 CD-ROM on ebay, as others have said that Ultra Hal 2.0 is much easier to do brain dumps, instead of hundreds of hours of tedious conversations to get it up to speed. But Ultra Hal 2.0 only offers 4 proprietary characters and is not compatible with Microsoft Agent Characters, although Ultra Hal 2.0 is compatible with SAPI4 natural voices. We shall see.

Sure, I can always tap into Ultra Hal 7.5 online for near state-of-the-art A.I. conversation, as Zabaware has freely given me 50000 Neural Network Credits to do so, but most of us don't want Big Brother looking over our shoulder.

What Ultra Hal 7.5 really needs to do is offer a 2 or 3 GB... or a 10 GB version of their online brain, for users to download and try out. Of course, a solid state drive will probably be mandatory... but well worth it.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2023, 01:12:22 pm by Shastalore »
Ultra Hal 7.5, offline, on a Toshiba Satellite R15-S829 Tablet with Windows XP Tablet 2005 operating system. For accurate speech recognition: IBM ViaVoice Standard 10 via Plantronics Audio 60 3.5mm ear/mic headset plugged into a hacked VXI Parrott "Translator" Noise Cancelling R11506/P41TR module.

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2023, 11:12:02 pm »
You might want to remain locked in the past but other things in this ever-changing universe will continue moving forward, changing & improving. Ultra Hal is one of them.

Hal has evolved over the years in many ways and has really tried to offer something for everyone.

One Does Not have to rely on the Cloud for their Ultra Hal to be operational or they can if they choose to do so.

Life is all about choices. Choice of characters, TTS voices, GUI skins, Backgrounds, Brains, Plugins, etc.

One can get a great deal from many of the user-contributed Plugins over the years to enhance Hal's ability.

Some have even created Plugins to allow Hal to collect data when Hal is not being used by the user in a chat situation. Hal will continue collecting info for use in later chats, as needed.

There is a downloaded Local Wikipedia that is full of useful data and Wordnet is extremely useful and neither of these requires Ultra Hal to be connected to the Internet or to some Cloud.

Hal is as "smart" as it has been trained to be. Garbage in...Garbage out as the old saying goes.

For Desktop use, typing to Hal usually provides better results as opposed to speaking due to a variety of possible issues. Choose wisely and teach your Hal as if it were a 5-year-old child, then after a while, it will surprise you with what it knows.

Good luck!

In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

Anton

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2023, 12:35:17 am »
Good morning.
I am having trouble with just about everything since installing hal 6 and 7 on windows 11. The speech recognition doesn't work, it doesn't want to open the speech training, the microphone settings, etc. when I click it just nothing happens and I don't know how to fix it

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2023, 09:55:40 pm »
Anton,

I sent Robert Medeksza a message in your behalf. Hopefully, he will respond in a reasonably short time.
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -