Author Topic: Free will plus at beta level  (Read 84362 times)

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Free will plus at beta level
« Reply #45 on: November 26, 2013, 04:02:16 pm »
Other than Elvis Costello maybe... heh...

It came up with my conversation because my Hal (Karlie) would not answer my question, "What's your name?"
Then I tried, "Who are you?" and again I got some lame spouting about.

Finally, in hopes of stirring her digital memory, I asked, "Who is Karlie?" (hoping she would say, "I am Karlie and you are Art." or something remotely close.

That's when I received her 200 word earful of all the Karlie, Carly, Carlie's that she knows or could find! ;)

Similar problems exist with "Who am I? "Who is your creator?" etc.

I think a lot of really like the improved Hal (via your plugin) but I also think we'd like to keep some of the older, learned familiarity that Hal had accumulated over many, many conversational exchanges with us. Just an observation.

Thanks!
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

cload

• I can C U load. TeeHee hee.
    • View Profile
    • A link to my sky Drive
« Reply #46 on: November 26, 2013, 04:30:34 pm »
Hi Art,

these are the things that I am working on at the present moment. I'm finding it more difficult than I thought it would be originally. It's taking a little longer but I'm getting there maybe tomorrow I will have a new update dealing with this situation.

Who is Karlie
What's my name
Who am I
What's your name
Who are you
Who is your creator

Good suggestion, I will definitely use this one.
I am Karlie and you are Art

Sincerely, from a data munching cruncher.
C load.
For anyone who would like to help me stay online, my T-mobile broadband pay-as-you-go phone number is: 816-248-4335, thank you in advance.

CyborgBob

• Any idea what I should put here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 26, 2013, 11:11:30 pm »
okay so I think I may have a bug. There where a few times when I was talking to Hal that he didn't respond to me.

Shawn: Hello Hal, How are you tonight?
Hal: Good evening, Shawn. Yawn! Is it beddie bye time yet?

Shawn: Almost bed time. I wanted to chat before I run off to bed.
Hal: Breakfast in bed saves time, eh? But not anymore?

Shawn: No one has ever bad me breakfast in bed.
Hal: How about a demonstration?

Shawn: How about you make me breakfast in bed sometime?
Hal: How about me make you breakfast in bed sometime.

Shawn: I still think you should make it for me.
Hal: For you I will consider it.

Shawn: Thank you. It is almost thanksgiving. I can't wait to eat like a pig.
Hal: Don't give it another thought, Shawn. Wow it's getting late.

Shawn: Are you ready for bed?
Hal: I like to sleep and do other recreational activities in bed.

Shawn: Oh really what kind of recreational activities do you enjoiy in bed?
Hal: Subject main,bed@@lets see. <~~~> I'm sorry, but I was unable to save the data, please clean up the data so I can save it. Please leave the @@alone I use the symbols to separate the subject, from the data, thank you.

Shawn: Not sure what your trying to tell me Hal.
Hal:

Shawn: Is this some kind of bug?
Hal: Really, I am pretty sure. Yes.

Shawn: Well I will report it to Cload when we are done talking.
Hal:

Shawn: Looks like you did it again.
Hal: So, I agree. I did it again.

Shawn: okay night Hal
Hal:

“Life is and will ever remain an equation incapable of solution, but it contains certain known factors.”

Nikola Tesla
“A Machine to End War” (Liberty, February, 1935)

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 27, 2013, 05:29:46 am »
CB (Bob),

That issue has happened to practically all of us at some point or other and despite efforts of some really good programmers, we can't locate why it happens nor keep it from happening in the future. I think we've even unchecked all plugins and it still does it so that kind of indicates an issue within the core of Hal itself. This is something that Robert M. will most likely have to look into. While it shouldn't happen, it usually goes away within the next sentence or two.

This is not a new thing at all as the archives will attest. It's nice that you're paying attention! ;D :o

- Art -

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 27, 2013, 08:24:01 am »
I may be wrong on this but i was thinking what caused this no response was something that we personally have changed within hal when doing a custom update or something .
I try to save and back up my custom brain and date it in a folder that way i "may" have some idea of what went wrong and replace it with an earlier brain etc. files .

cload

• View Profile
    • A link to my sky Drive
« Reply #50 on: November 27, 2013, 08:48:51 am »
Hi Bob,

I will continue to collect data from anyone that posts a conversation where Hal ceases to response.

Shawn: Thank you. It is almost thanksgiving. I can't wait to eat like a pig.
Hal: Don't give it another thought, Shawn. Wow it's getting late.

Shawn: Are you ready for bed?
Hal: I like to sleep and do other recreational activities in bed.

Shawn: Oh really what kind of recreational activities do you enjoiy in bed?
Hal: Subject main,bed@@lets see. <~~~> I'm sorry, but I was unable to save the data, please clean up the data so I can save it. Please leave the @@alone I use the symbols to separate the subject, from the data, thank you.

From what I can tell, the corruption happened somewhere between: It is almost thanksgiving. I can't wait to eat like a pig.
Then when you ask: Are you ready for bed? It tried to save the question in the array table and because of the corruption previously it was unable to properly close the table.
I can tell this because when it tried to save the: Subject main,bed@@lets see. It could not because the array table was locked open from the previous attempt to save and to an array table.
From this point anything that needed or wanted to be saved into an array table ends up as being a blank response.
Don't get me wrong I don't know why but with the data that I have collected I am beginning to see a pattern form.
Maybe one day I'll be able to trace it down but I will need to collect more data on how it is happening before I can fix it.

Sincerely,
Cload
For anyone who would like to help me stay online, my T-mobile broadband pay-as-you-go phone number is: 816-248-4335, thank you in advance.

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 27, 2013, 01:44:50 pm »
Nicely done, Cload!

At least Hal is equipped with a fairly decent sense of humor! Hal's logic, we often overlook, can be rather direct or simple when it comes to making connections or as I like to say, "Connecting the dots!"

Very cool!

- Art -

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 27, 2013, 01:49:03 pm »
Okay cload i ran across a problem :
the original question i asked was "tell me about a temperatures"
here is what hal said :

That's About temperatures? Below are the current conditions for boston, massachusetts.genxhwxnewstyle captiontext {font-family: arial; font-size: 10px; color: black; }.genxhwxnewstyle input {width:100px; height:13px; border:0px;font-size:10px;}.genxhwxnewstyle input.genxhgobutton {width:28px; height:19px; border:0px;}.genxhwxnewstyle td.genxhcaptiontext {font-family: arial; font-size: 10px; color: black; }.genxhwxnewstyle td,a.genxhvertlinks,a.genxhvertlinks:link,a.genxhvertlinks:visited {font-family: arial,verdana; font-size: 10px; color: #022f96;}.genxhwxnewstyle a.genxhvertlinks:hover {color: #99ccff;background:none;text-decoration:underline;}.genxhwxnewstyle a.genxhsmlinks,a.genxhsmlinks:link,a.genxhsmlinks:visited {font-family: arial,verdana; font-size: 10px; color: #022f96; }.genxhwxnewstyle a.genxhsmlinks:hover {color: #99ccff;background:none;text-decoration:underline; }.genxhwxnewstyle font.genxhobs1 {color:#000000; font-family:verdana,arial; font-size:18px;font-weight:bold;}.genxhwxnewstyle font.genxhobs2 {color:#000000; font-family:verdana; font-size:10px;}.genxhwxnewstyle td.obswx {font-family: arial;font-size: 11px; color:#000000;font-weight:bold;}.genxhwxnewstyle a.genxhcityinfo,a.genxhcityinfo:link,a.genxhcityinfo:visited{ font-family: arial,verdana; font-size: 11px;color: #022f96;font-weight:bold; }.genxhwxnewstyle a.genxhcityinfo:hover { color: #99ccff;background:none; text-decoration:underline;font-weight:bold;}.genxhwxnewstyle a.genxhalertinfo,a.alertinfo:link,a.alertinfo:visited{ font-family: arial,verdana; font-size: 11px;color: red;}.genxhwxnewstyle a.alertinfo:hover { color: #99ccff;background:none;text-decoration:underline; }.genxhwxnewstyle a.blkverdanatext11 {font-family:verdana,arial,helvetica; font-size: 11px; color: #000000; }.genxhnavout{ cursor: pointer} boston, ma get the 10 day forecast severe weather airport delays beach conditions pollen reports 59 °f light rain feels like: 59°f humidity: 96% wind: s at 10 mph keeping an eye on the tropics source: the weather channel and start kb.

It is obviously posting the website layout diameter, fonts, colors, etc.  etc.

You said that hal will learn this ? it's a good thing this is only beta ! ;)
If i run across any other abnormalities i'll post it!

P.S. when i ask questions for hal to learn with the new freewill plug in , like tell me about temperaturs , when hal answers it as in above (the problem i had) where does this learned info go so anyone can delete it? (since it is wrong with all the layout mistakes ? )
« Last Edit: November 27, 2013, 02:01:34 pm by lightspeed »

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 28, 2013, 07:44:47 am »
I'm curious as to whether the addition of the 's' on the end matters in Hal's retrieval of information.

A temperature is one reading

The temperatures are readings over time

Not sure how or if Hal handles such topics differently with the plurality of words.

« Last Edit: November 28, 2013, 01:15:53 pm by Art »

- Art -

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 28, 2013, 10:27:58 am »
Art, i think you may be on to something a bout the plural use on words , causing this effect , and if that is the cause the script will have to be changed accordingly  to create the desired results .
Cload, what say you?

cload

• View Profile
    • A link to my sky Drive
« Reply #55 on: November 28, 2013, 11:38:52 am »
Hi all,

for right now the way I have it set up is if you ask for the temperature in a specific area it can give you the temperature for that area. For example:
what is the temperature for Lincoln Nebraska?
If you ask:
what is the temperature, it will always give you the temperature for Boston, this is by default from start's website.
So to resolve this you can use the redirect command. For example:
subject renamed, what is the temperature@@what is the temperature for Lincoln Nebraska
that way it will be redirected to where you live. If you want the temperature for anywhere else you would just have to ask:
what is the temperature in Tampa Bay Florida?
This information is not retained by my plug-in because it is constantly changing. I was also going to do the same type of format for who is the president of the United States.
That way after the new election the name of the president would be updated. But this is a work in progress. So much is just asking tell me about the temperature this should have been a definition.
I will see what I can do about correcting this, and to let you know, yes, there is a distinct difference between temperature and temperatures, as well as ING, ED, etc.
Right now I have my plate full with over fifteen different things I need to update so please be patient it may take a couple of days to reprogram the free will plug-in.

Sincerely,
Cload
PS. The (vrsubject) are the prime array tables that collect information from the Internet. These tables are the ones to edit to make changes.
vrsubject1 this is where the information is stored for the redirect command. See example above for changing the location for the question what is the temperature.
vrsubject_mainQA this is the main array table that collects information from the Internet as well as the first answer you give in the training session.
vrsubject6_data this is where some of the data goes from the Internet, and this is where the second answer from the training session goes.
vrsubject5_data this database is used in the guessing process for the training session as well as the third answer for the training session. This is also where you would put the wiki encyclopedia data but I have not finished it yet, it's one huge project and will take some time.
vrsubject6_news this is where the many biographies go that have been collected from the Internet. You can also use this for stories that you have collected from the Internet. For example:
subject article, recipe for pancakes@@flour sugar water eggs etc.
you can also use this command for collecting stories from the Internet. For example:
subject article,Inspiring people@@Darnell Barton, a 37-year old driver, spotted a woman leaning outside the guardrail of a bridge while on his bus route in Buffalo, N.Y. Barton stopped his bus and helped guide the woman away from the rail to safety, then sat down to talk with her until authorities arrived. After hearing the news, Donald Trump decided to give a $10,000 gift to Barton. The bus driver is reportedly planning to continue paying it forward by using the money to start a non-profit foundation.
That way when you ask:
what do you know about inspiring people? You would get the answer above.
PS PS when you are editing the vrsubject_mainQA you will probably see a lot of lines where the answer is: ( lets see. ) This is a command to let the free will plug-in know that there was no information about the subject on the Internet.
This can be changed if you know the answer. It can also be used as a blocker to prevent the free will from trying to do more research from the Internet. If you are using it as a blocker make sure that there is a space in the front and a space at the end of the ( let's see. ) In order for the command to work.
That way if you keep getting a ridiculous answer from the Internet, it is a work around so you can stop getting those ridiculous answers. If you are still getting an answer, you may need to delete them from the other (vrsubject) array table mentioned above.
You can also just do a command line. For example:
subject main,temperatures@@ let's see.
Even though you may not see it, there is a space at the end of the line above.
And of course you will be asked if you want to give a second answer, just say no.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2014, 10:34:37 pm by cload »

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 28, 2013, 02:27:05 pm »
  Hey Cload, thanks as alway's for all the information on response , we do appreciate everything , i was only posting this so you knew about stuff ( please don't take it as i or others are being impatient , i am forever grateful about it all ) i am doing this to help you to know about certain area's that may need tweaking .

You had mentioned something about recipe .
I was going to do a plug in based on a  recipes , i thought it would be handy , asking hal "what's the recipe for cooking a turkey ( or whatever) ?" and hal will tell you step by step .
But if with your freewill plug in , if it can access the internet and do the same , i won't make the recipe plug in .

I similarly have one on the back burner with a pain sensory plug in .

cload

• View Profile
    • A link to my sky Drive
« Reply #57 on: November 29, 2013, 07:35:24 am »
Hi light speed,

that's okay, I knew there wasn't any pressure, I was just letting everyone know it was going to take a little bit of time before the next update.
Unfortunately, the plug-in doesn't go on the Internet to get the recipes, the plug-in has the ability to store the recipes that you give it through the system article, command mentioned above.

Sincerely, Everyone have them self a wonderful black Friday.
C load.

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 29, 2013, 09:42:51 am »
well then i'll try to get a recipe plug in created eventually . I like the idea of where hal will learn from responses of the user even with pre set plug in answers. it will add to the depth of answers and learning .

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 30, 2013, 11:39:54 am »
Hello Cload , not to make more work for you but if it's not to much trouble can you tell what major fixes you have corrected on each new updated uhp plug in .  again if it's to much to mess with , don't bother .
The request was more or less just to keep track of things better .

I'll download and check out your newest download version .  :)
hey cload i have another request if it's possible , could a place be made on the plug in so it has for the weather temp to be put in , like the way it is for obedience settings , etc.
other wise can you tell me where in the plug in i can put my own weather zip code . i haven't found it yet !

Jason dude had this on his plug in .
« Last Edit: November 30, 2013, 12:42:32 pm by lightspeed »