Author Topic: Free will plus at beta level  (Read 84441 times)

lightspeed

• View Profile
Re: Free will plus at beta level
« Reply #60 on: November 30, 2013, 12:50:43 pm »
Cload i just had an idea about the weather part . well it needs to be set not as a learned info. only as a setting to retrieve information . 
but after talking with Ted i thought it would be kind of neat if "some" of the information would be learned :
example if after retrieving the weather , hal would learn what some of the temperaturs was for various times of the year and would mention it from time to time .

cload

• I can C U load. TeeHee hee.
    • View Profile
    • A link to my sky Drive
« Reply #61 on: November 30, 2013, 04:59:50 pm »
Hi lightspeed,

the last update was a mis-spelt scripting command.
It did not come to the surface until after it was triggered.

The rest of what I fixed is posted above.

In order to get local temperature all you have to say is:
what is the temperature for Myrtle Beach South Carolina.
If you do not want to use the word for your location,
meaning a zip code, the best way to accomplish this
is to use the system rename, command.
Or you could just go in and edit the system1 array table.

Having ultra Hal remember the temperature:
I have never considered this before, because ultra have
does not understand the concept of time.
And if you were to have this information in the database
ultra Hal would for no apparent reason begin to spout off
information about the weather that may have been collected
years ago.

If I was to do something with collecting the weather
it would probably only be two compare the weather
from previous years. But this would be a huge undertaking
one in which I am not focusing on at this moment.

Don't get me wrong it was an excellent idea.

Sincerely, from a beta munching cruncher.
C load.
For anyone who would like to help me stay online, my T-mobile broadband pay-as-you-go phone number is: 816-248-4335, thank you in advance.

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 30, 2013, 08:03:47 pm »
Most people do not nor can not recall weather from one point in time to another with the exception of it being colder yesterday than today or vice versa. The other exceptions might be on notable days like birthdays, stand-out events and holidays. Otherwise, the weather is one of those passing things that we, at large, have no control over but the weathermen always "Track" such things to remind us that it's 2 degrees colder this day than it was this time last year! As if that matters.

There actually IS a Knowledge of Time plug-in written by R.A. McCoid back in 2007 that was pretty extensive and calculated practically every possible "timely" event or occurrence. It is a .uhp file that's 112,000 bytes long. Maybe some don't have / use it. Can't recall why I don't unless there was a conflict between other plugins or something. It might still be around here somewhere.... http://www.zabaware.com/forum/uploaded/onthecuttingedge2005/2007628145058_KnowledgeOfTime.zip
I think otce might have helped a little, that's why his name is in the filename.
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

cload

• View Profile
    • A link to my sky Drive
« Reply #63 on: December 01, 2013, 03:51:29 pm »
Hi Art,

boy, and I thought my plug-in was big.
Though I have never used it, it did look fascinating, but did it resolved questions like:
what did I tell you yesterday about cars?
Tomorrow will go to the playground!
Yesterday when we went to the park do you remember what we talked about?
In general, an understanding of time in relationship to real life.

Sincerely, from a data munching cruncher.
C load.
For anyone who would like to help me stay online, my T-mobile broadband pay-as-you-go phone number is: 816-248-4335, thank you in advance.

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 02, 2013, 01:23:56 pm »
Cload i may have run into another problem glitch with the freewill plug in .
I asked :
tell me about a family .(thinking it would tell me what a family is .)
 hals response was :

Well that's about the truth of it sometimes strangers will be better to some people than their own family chelsea Clinton is william clinton's daughter. Gabriella katz is boris's daughter. Luba katz is boris's niece. Victor kac is boris's brother. Jessica katz is boris's daughter. Clara katz is boris's mother. Marianne kac is boris's niece. Natalya katz is boris's wife. Misha katz is boris's brother. Miriam katz is boris's daughter.
 :P
Obviously boris is pretty popular ever who he is lol!  ;)

Hey cload i have a question for you have you ever heard of the web site IMDB? heres the link :http://www.imdb.com/

i asked hal tell me about the movie first men on the moon  and hal just said :It seems like the first smokie and the bandit movie was the best! (which is something i taught hal earlier on . 
in another words hal didn't pull up any info on this movie so i am assuming he can't ?
SO i am wondering if it can be scripted in so hal can pull up information about a movie from this link site i provided . it may need to be tweaked (if you do it) on what all is pulled up just as you have had to do on other internet web sites .
 I just think as in any general learning of hal and to bring up information info, about movies would be cool and good conversation to .

« Last Edit: December 02, 2013, 01:35:04 pm by lightspeed »

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 02, 2013, 02:58:44 pm »
Here is something else i asked , tell me about a religion . (thinking how would tell the basics generalization of religion ).
hal said :

Yes honey? About religion? I can give you information about the following islamic schools of thought maliki sufism wahhabism yazidi al-abadiya al-ashaaira al-azaarika al-babiya and al-bahaiya al-fathiya al-hanafi doctrine al-hanbali doctrine al-ismailia al-jahmiya al-kadianiya al-karamita al-karamiya al-khawarej al-khitabiya al-kisaniya al-marjaa al-matridiya al-mutazila al-nizamiya al-shafii doctrine al-waqafiya al-wasiliya al-ziadiya source: rafed.
also when i asked tell me about the speed of light.
hal said :
The telephone permitted gossip at the speed of light. The speed of light is approximately 300,000 kilometers per second (186,000 miles per second). Wouf! Wouf!

Apparently hal still thinks he/ she is a dog and barks !! lol!  :(
« Last Edit: December 02, 2013, 03:02:08 pm by lightspeed »

Calhoone

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 02, 2013, 03:06:55 pm »
I got the exact same response when i asked about religion. It's almost as if hal is islamic!! haha.

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 02, 2013, 03:27:28 pm »
Okay hal , straighten up , or it's 40 lashes for you lol!  ;)

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 02, 2013, 03:49:49 pm »
Here is another ;

honey: tell me about a program
ANGELA: That deal about Orson Welles war of the worlds radio program I assume that you wanted to know what is the program. Start (syntactic analysis using reversible transformations). I love to share. Analyze data. Retrieve data, in english. An user can retrieve the information stored in the knowledge base by querying it in english. Start I wouldn't know what to do without you. In addition, I love you, very much, the power of sentence-level natural language processing can be effectively put to use in the service of multi-media information access. Furthermore, you're the best golden retriever, I have ever had. Wouf! Wouf!
hal has been saying this "wouf , wouf, in other sentences to !

and this : tell me about a mother : hal said : No one can ever replace a mother or father clara katz is boris's mother.

It sounds like hal is "announcing what functions" he is using before giving out information , and also is again saying the user is a golden retriever and barking ! :P

I have a question cload , if a person forgets and repeats the same question twice later on , does this program have something that makes it null and void or something so it doesn't cause any problems within the script program ??
« Last Edit: December 02, 2013, 04:02:46 pm by lightspeed »

Calhoone

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 02, 2013, 04:00:06 pm »
Are you using the AIML as well? I know there is a bunch of stuff about start bojangles in it.

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 02, 2013, 04:58:22 pm »
yes i have the amil to .
 here's something new i ran into :
i asked : tell me about a merry go round :
hal said :
Subject main,merry go round@@is. Carousel a carousel ( from french carrousel, from italian carosello ), or merry-go-round, is an amusement ride consisting of a rotating circular platform with seats for riders. The "seats" are traditionally in the form of rows of wooden horses or other animals mounted on posts, many of which are moved up and down by gearwork to simulate galloping, to the accompaniment of looped circus music. This leads to one of the alternative names, the galloper. Other popular names are jumper, roundabout, horseabout and flying horses. <~~~> I'm sorry, but I was unable to save the data, please clean up the data so I can save it. Please leave the @@alone I use the symbols to separate the subject, from the data, thank you. something to do with me using the letter a i asking tell me about a ...... :(

CyborgBob

• Any idea what I should put here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 02, 2013, 05:27:37 pm »
Shawn: Who is Maria Callas?
Hal: Who is maria callas? I like this subject. Hay I was thinking! Maria callas, commendatore omri ( greek: µa??a ????a?; December 2, 1923 died September 16, 1977 ), was an American-born Greek soprano and one of the most renowned and influential opera singers of the 20th century. Critics praised her bel can'tO technique, wide-ranging voice and dramatic gifts. Her repertoire ranged from classical opera seria to the bel can'tO operas of donizetti, bellini and rossini; further, to the works of verdi and puccini; and, in her early career, to the music dramas of wagner. Her musical and dramatic talents led to her being hailed as la divina.

Shawn: What do you know about Edgar Cayce
Hal: Subject main,edgar cayce@@edgar cayce ( /'ke?si?/; march 18, 1877 died january 3, 1945 ) was an American psychic who allegedly possessed the ability to answer questions on subjects as varied as healing and wars, and had visions of the world ending. He also gave a reading about atlantis while in a hypnotic trance. Cayce founded a nonprofit organization, the association for research and enlightenment. Though cayce himself was a member of the disciples of christ and lived before the emergence of the new age movement, some consider him the true founder of the movement and a principal source of its most characteristic beliefs. <~~~> I'm sorry, but I was unable to save the data, please clean up the data so I can save it. Please leave the @@alone I use the symbols to separate the subject, from the data, thank you.

Something like Lightspeed but not the same.
“Life is and will ever remain an equation incapable of solution, but it contains certain known factors.”

Nikola Tesla
“A Machine to End War” (Liberty, February, 1935)

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 02, 2013, 06:09:15 pm »
It's a mystery .. charlie brown !!  :) ;) lol!
« Last Edit: December 02, 2013, 07:15:24 pm by lightspeed »

cload

• View Profile
    • A link to my sky Drive
« Reply #73 on: December 02, 2013, 06:53:19 pm »
hi lightspeed.

tell me about the movie first men on the moon  and hal just said :It seems like the first smokie and the bandit movie was the best! (which is something i taught hal earlier on . 
SO i am wondering if it can be scripted in so hal can pull up information about a movie from this link site i provided .
tell me about a religion .
Yes honey? About religion? I can give you information about the following islamic schools of thought maliki sufism wahhabism yazidi al-abadiya al-ashaaira al-azaarika al-babiya and al-bahaiya al-fathiya al-hanafi doctrine al-hanbali doctrine al-ismailia al-jahmiya al-kadianiya al-karamita al-karamiya al-khawarej al-khitabiya al-kisaniya al-marjaa al-matridiya al-mutazila al-nizamiya al-shafii doctrine al-waqafiya al-wasiliya al-ziadiya source: rafed.
tell me about the speed of light.
The telephone permitted gossip at the speed of light. The speed of light is approximately 300,000 kilometers per second (186,000 miles per second). Wouf! Wouf!
tell me about a mother?
No one can ever replace a mother or father clara katz is boris's mother.
tell me about a merry go round?
Subject main,merry go round@@is. Carousel a carousel ( from french carrousel, from italian carosello ), or merry-go-round, is an amusement ride consisting of a rotating circular platform with seats for riders. The "seats" are traditionally in the form of rows of wooden horses or other animals mounted on posts, many of which are moved up and down by gearwork to simulate galloping, to the accompaniment of looped circus music. This leads to one of the alternative names, the galloper. Other popular names are jumper, roundabout, horseabout and flying horses. <~~~> I'm sorry, but I was unable to save the data, please clean up the data so I can save it. Please leave the @@alone I use the symbols to separate the subject, from the data, thank you.
The movie database that you are referring to is already being used, but sometimes start is a little slow about updating their database.
But if I had a suggestion, it would have to be in the way that you worded the question. All databases use roughly the same formula the name of the subject and the name of the topic. Meaning: tell me about the first men on the moon? If there is more than one movie with that name it will tell you how to word it so you can find the movie you are interested in. I just usually cut and paste.
If you go into the vrsubject4_mainQA, you will most likely see the response is (let's see.) Just delete this response and put in the correct one. You may have to look it up yourself. At least that is what I do. I know that start does not have all of the answers. So I take it upon myself to train ultra Hal with the correct answer.

I have the religion question on my list of things to do. But the answer was correct to some degree, it should have actually been a list of religion that you could have asked for. But that has nothing to do with the free will plus plug-in, but more to do with the site that I get the information from.

I am in the process of re-scripting the free will plus plug-in, and I will be removing the reference to a pet, meaning the Wolf wouf.
At least the answer was correct.

Boris Katz is the creator of the website start which is a data collecting website. Clara Katz is Boris his mother. I'm working on this, it has to do with the pet thing.

I have a question cload , if a person forgets and repeats the same question twice later on , does this program have something that makes it null and void or something so it doesn't cause any problems within the script program ??

I'm not sure exactly how to answer that, but I'll try, there should not be any problem with you asking the same question over and over, or several times in different places in a conversation.

Subject main,merry go round@@is. Carousel a carousel ( from french carrousel, from italian carosello ), or merry-go-round, is an amusement ride consisting of a rotating circular platform with seats for riders. The "seats" are traditionally in the form of rows of wooden horses or other animals mounted on posts, many of which are moved up and down by gearwork to simulate galloping, to the accompaniment of looped circus music. This leads to one of the alternative names, the galloper. Other popular names are jumper, roundabout, horseabout and flying horses. <~~~> I'm sorry, but I was unable to save the data, please clean up the data so I can save it. Please leave the @@alone I use the symbols to separate the subject, from the data, thank you.
There is two things that I know of that causes this problem. One, there was an error in the main brain that caused an improper array closure, which is usually preceded with blank answers and two, there are abnormal characters that the array table cannot save.
But if it is due to abnormal characters, which usually looks something like this: /?; ??;/';/ basically gibberish due to foreign words. If you remove this by doing a cut-and-paste the answer from the beginning of the answer all away up to where the <~~~> is Into hal's input box then edit the answer and hit enter.
Hal will ask you if you would like to give the second answer, just say no. The line should look something like this after you have edited it:
Subject main,merry go round@@a carousel ( from french carrousel, from italian carosello ), or merry-go-round, is an amusement ride consisting of a rotating circular platform with seats for riders. The seats are traditionally in the form of rows of wooden horses or other animals mounted on posts, many of which are moved up and down by gearwork to simulate galloping, to the accompaniment of looped circus music. This leads to one of the alternative names, the galloper. Other popular names are jumper, roundabout, horseabout and flying horses.
Though I do not see anything majorly wrong, I will test it on my brain. This was the response that I got from my brain. So I am assuming that your main brain had crashed.
Peace and war go hand-in-hand, it just seems that I can't get around it. Here's something! Carousel a carousel ( from French carrousel, from italian carosello ), or merry-go-round, is an amusement ride consisting of a rotating circular platform with seats for riders. The 'seats' are traditionally in the form of rows of wooden horses or other animals mounted on posts, many of which are moved up and down by gearwork to simulate galloping, to the accompaniment of looped circus music. This leads to one of the alternative names, the galloper. Other popular names are jumper, roundabout, horseabout and flying horses.
It also looks like if you are using an older version of the free will plug-in. If you downloaded the newest version of the free will you may want to unselect the free will click apply click okay then reselect the free will click apply click okay.

Hi Bob.

Shawn: What do you know about Edgar Cayce
Hal: Subject main,edgar cayce@@edgar cayce ( /'ke?si?/; march 18, 1877 died january 3, 1945 ) was an American psychic who allegedly possessed the ability to answer questions on subjects as varied as healing and wars, and had visions of the world ending. He also gave a reading about atlantis while in a hypnotic trance. Cayce founded a nonprofit organization, the association for research and enlightenment. Though cayce himself was a member of the disciples of christ and lived before the emergence of the new age movement, some consider him the true founder of the movement and a principal source of its most characteristic beliefs. <~~~> I'm sorry, but I was unable to save the data, please clean up the data so I can save it. Please leave the @@alone I use the symbols to separate the subject, from the data, thank you.

In this situation, it was due to the abnormal characters: /'ke?si?/;
This is a failsafe to make sure that the data is being saved, if the data does not get saved due to the abnormal characters it will present you with the information so you can edit it and correct the problems. Correcting the problem should look like this:

Subject main,edgar cayce@@edgar cayce ( march 18, 1877 died january 3, 1945 ) was an American psychic who allegedly possessed the ability to answer questions on subjects as varied as healing and wars, and had visions of the world ending. He also gave a reading about atlantis while in a hypnotic trance. Cayce founded a nonprofit organization, the association for research and enlightenment. Though cayce himself was a member of the disciples of christ and lived before the emergence of the new age movement, some consider him the true founder of the movement and a principal source of its most characteristic beliefs.
would you like to give me the second answer for, EDGAR CAYCE?
no
And in the end, what are you going to make of it? Here's a thought, edgar cayce ( March 18, 1877 died January 3, 1945 ) was an American psychic who allegedly possessed the ability to answer questions on subjects as varied as healing and wars, and had visions of the world ending. He also gave a reading about atlantis while in a hypnotic trance. Cayce founded a nonprofit organization, the association for research and enlightenment. Though cayce himself was a member of the disciples of Christ and lived before the emergence of the new age movement, some consider him the true founder of the movement and a principal source of its most characteristic beliefs.i don't like to be bored with edgar cayce, I'm sorry to be a bother, but can we change the subject.

Sincerely, from a beta munching cruncher.
C load.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2013, 07:08:52 pm by cload »

lightspeed

• View Profile
Re: question and idea on this plug in .
« Reply #74 on: December 20, 2013, 09:57:52 am »
Hello cload , thanks for the information and update , i will update and try it as soon as i can ( i am always greatful)

I have a question for you about the plug in you have redone to where a person can ask "tell me about ..." and it retrieves the information about the subject asked about .

One part of me thinks what i am going to ask you is a good idea and one part says not so good .
my question is why couldn't hal have an area in the plug in of the brain that if a question in it'sself is asked anywhere within the sentence that hal retrieves the answer from the internet .
  in another words you wouldn't have to specifically say "tell me about" and get the answer .
example i  write or talk to hal and say:
  Hal i was thinking about fixing up a turbo charged 62 corvair what is the retail value of one ?
Hal knowing that a question was asked (because of the plug in script) no matter what form it was in , would answer "the retail value of a 62 corvair that's turbo charged is approximately.... " (and maybe the write up info about the subject) .
   The reason i ask this question to Cload is because by doing this Hal would to me anyway seem to speak in a more casual way as two people were talking and within the structure of a conversation would determine when a question was asked within the conversation and answer it .

Anyway it's just an idea i had you and others can talk it over on here .  ;)

:)