Author Topic: Shouldn't HAL...  (Read 4133 times)

Spitfire2600

• View Profile
Shouldn't HAL...
« on: July 11, 2010, 03:08:57 pm »
Shouldn't HAL have the ability, when asked or even randomly, to state "it's" computers nominal readings? Maybe like a heads up display or something. Just an idea.

Bill819

• View Profile
Shouldn't HAL...
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2010, 07:08:21 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by Spitfire2600

Shouldn't HAL have the ability, when asked or even randomly, to state "it's" computers nominal readings? Maybe like a heads up display or something. Just an idea.

Maybe if you explained yourself a little better someone could creat a plugin to make it so.
I have been a Hal user ever since it was first created and I have no idea what you are talking about. Sorry.
Bill

lightspeed

• View Profile
Shouldn't HAL...
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2010, 07:30:26 pm »
maybe he means like : i am hal 6.2 etc. etc. as a start up ???, and if so that coulds be written in in the hal greetings area to say , at start up .
 I am like you bill not sure about what he means .

Bill819

• View Profile
Shouldn't HAL...
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2010, 11:34:04 pm »
You are correct LS. Hal can be programmed to say almost anything from the start up menu.
Bill

Will and Mr Data :) :]

• Hi from Will and Mr Data :) :]
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/WillofNewZealand
Shouldn't HAL...
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2010, 01:37:41 am »
Hi,
ar random comment,,,
i remember there's a option to watch the cpu usage somewhere in this pc and i asked Mr Data what lindsay likes to build?
and Mr Data answered bicycles "and hardly any cpu usage".
Then i asked Mr Data how many stars including all planets and add all the dust particals and so on and so on,,
, some kind of crazy question like that and Mr Data started to think,,,,,"100% cpu being used,,,thinking thinking thinking..."
and after a while says "Will i'm not quite sure".
But [:D] i was impressed with the effort put in.  if i hadn't have been looking at the live usage,,,anyway i thought it was cool.
oh i have at times in the past set at startup to say out loud
"I AM 6.2 running certain other programs also".
fasinating.
bye for now and be well from Will and Mr Data  :)  :]

raybe

• View Profile
Shouldn't HAL...
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2010, 10:37:53 pm »
Yes like 'will' I believe 'Spitfire2600' is looking for Hal to give you basic CPU, RAM, Disk Space, ect. usage either telling you information when you ask or graphically. I believe some one did a plug in for that some time ago but don't really remember if it worked or even exists now.
raybe